It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official 2009 European and UK local elections thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Seeing it is election day in Europe and domestic elections in the UK, I have been generous enough to create us a thread to report on results and rumours throughout the weekend (when the results will be declared)

BBC Elections 2009

SKYNews coverage starts at 10am, tomorrow morning, (UK local government) and Sunday - from 10pm - the European Parliament results will be announced across Europe.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Iaindale - possible election fraud?

UKIP is being inundated with calls from voters complaining that UKIP is not on the ballot paper.

Voting has only been going on for three hours and already hundreds are calling the UK Independence Party to complain that they were not able to vote for the party.

The problem is that Returning Officers have been folding the ballot papers. They have been folding them so that the last two, three or four parties in alphabetical order are hidden when the first fold of the paper is opened. It thus appears that UKIP is not on the ballot paper.

UKIP has already contacted both the Electoral Commission and the Returning Officers on this matter.

But it is important that the news gets out: that voters must make sure they completely unfold the ballot paper. And that Returning Officers and electoral officials must stop folding the ballot papers.

We have had reports from Carlisle, from York, from Hampshire, Dartford and other places, showing that the problem is nationwide, not just an isolated incident.

UKIP is collecting the names and addresses of those complaining and will be preparing the grounds for a legal challenge to the election result.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I went to vote earlier, the euro sheet i got was huge, a bunch of parties, most of them crazies/protest/single issue at least, it had to be folded about 4 times just to fit in the ballot box, and i got it folded in a few bits.

Anyone who can't unfold paper probably shouldn't be voting, they should be dribbing into a bib, being watched over by a nurse, but then, that's UKIP supporters for you.

I started a thread earlier about the euro elections:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by jimminycricket]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I saw
- this thread is for the results that will be declared tomorrow and throughout the weekend

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
First results:

Seats
Conservative: +19
Labour: -28
Lib Dems: +3
Other: +6

Councils:

Tories hold Lincolnshire and Bedfordshire. Liberal Democrats gain Bristol.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hertfordshire Results (so far)

Tories running away, BNP are beating Labour

Update:

Conservative: 131
Labour: 20
Lib Dem: 52
Others: 10

[edit on 5-6-2009 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
+ Five Tory gains in Devon.
+ Four Tory gains in Nuneaton.
+ Four Tory gains in Nuneaton.
+ Two gains in Somerset, one from county's Labour leader
+ Staffordshire looking extremely positive (including key marginals of Staff Moorlands and Stafford). (for the Tories)

(TORIES WILL WIN NORTH TYNESIDE PERHAPS IN FIRST ROUND. BIG NORTHERN VICTORY FOR THE PARTY.)

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
A useful link with live updates on local council elections.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Unfortunately I was only voting in the European election and have to wait till Sunday for the results.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Live Conservative update (Source: Conservative Home)

12.32pm: Doncaster Mayoral final will be between English Democrats and an independent. So much for a Labour stronghold!

12.30pm: Two reports from the field...

From Christopher Pincher, our Tamworth candidate, "Tamworth has counted and we won all six county seats from Labour in Tamworth borough. Labour now has no county councillors in the seat. We do not need to win any more county seats across Staffs to take control for first time since 1981. Labour and Brian Jenkins looked shell shocked."
From Charlie Elphicke: Tories all all four Canterbury seats. Labour beaten into fourth place in every seat, behind Greens.
12.24pm: First results from Derbyshire; Two Tory gains - one from Labour, one from the LibDems.

12.22pm: I've written for The Guardian: "Behind closed doors, Labour MPs hardly have a good word to say about Brown but they are afraid to strike – afraid to follow James Purnell's breaking of the ranks last night. Some key cabinet ministers are holding back for fear of a Johnson coronation and what that means for their own leadership hopes. The parliamentary Labour party has shown it can't run the country and it is now looking like it can't run a leadership coup."

12.21pm: Only bone Labour councill left on Hampshire County Council.

12.15pm: TORIES HAVE WON SOMERSET FROM THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS. Eight gains. It's the result people here at CCHQ are most pleased with so far.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
(Source: Politicshome)

Staffordshire: Labour lose control

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
BNP takes Burnley West

(Source: BBC)

(edit
Bury North: BNP wins first seat

Could be two seats, not sure - Mixed reports.

Labour has lost all their seats in Surrey.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Update:

Devon is set to go Conservative.

Confirmed: Devon and Somerset have gone Conservative.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
English Democrats take the Mayorship of Doncaster

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Result Dutch Elections

The big winner is the PVV [anti Europe] but also D'66 [pro Europe]

Its funny to see how much seats every country gets, after this elections we go from 27 to 25 again?
[with an ever growing population]

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Netherlands declared already?

I thought, under EU rules, European Parliament elections were not allowed to be declared until Sunday

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I thought, under EU rules, European Parliament elections were not allowed to be declared until Sunday

well most votes are already counted, maybe the official declaration to Strasbourg is sunday, i think the public might want to know the scores before sunday
..I know Belgium has elections on Sunday, and i think the result might be similair to the Dutch..
btw did you vote with a machine or with the old school pencil? we went back to the pencils again, machines were not trustworthy enough...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Actually you are right..The EU commission also asked questions to the Dutch government why they announced the "national" results already before sunday and is even thinking of a fine for our government..
The Dutch government responded that they only announced the results of the "municipalities" or counties if you will, and not the "national official" results..

www.eubusiness.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well one thing is for sure the elections are a major blow for the coalition parties in the UK and Netherlands..
After the "results" we had a debate on tv between the winners and losers and it ended as usual in a big catfight between Wilders and the left-wingers and about whether or not the elections were a vote against the government or not [the debate was about everything BUT Europe].
It was embarrasing since the Chairman could not control the discussion and even as biased as he was had his own argument against WIlders about a collegue of him who was bashed in the media by Wilders partymembers

Interesting to note is that the big winner, PVV is the biggest opponent of Turkey's [future] "membership"

Here fun to watch! sorry i have no subtitles, but for the people who didn't know, Wilders is the guy who looks like Mozart

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
UK Results:

Conservative: 1530 seats (+285) (30 Councils)
Labour: 179 seats (-329) (0 Councils)
Lib Dems: 484 (-48) (1 Council)
Others: 170 (+90) (3 Councils)

First time in British history the governing party has no control over a county council and loses all in one election.

European results: 10pm GMT tomorrow night (Sunday)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
UKIP is paid for by the Conservatice party, its for the 'protest' voters, to keep them away from the nutters like the greens and BNP.
I emailed all the parties except the BNP, to find out their thoughts on various subjects, I am still waiting for replies. so they even ignore one before an ellection, as well as after!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join