It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Kids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ya, some kids eat nothing but junk.

A friend of mine works at a spa, and if I go visit her sometimes her daughter will be there. her daughter will go into the till, or her moms purse, and take cash, and go buy absolutely nothing but candy, chips, and soda. She's buy a 2 L bottle of coke and drink it all herself. Her mom doesn't say anything, and I don't understand how she can't feel iill after taking in all that crap.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's why I wont quit.

I didn't want to! I loved smoking. I was told I'd be dead within a couple of years if I didn't quit. That's real incentive for you to quit!

But, I am glad I did. I can't say I feel any healthier though, as I'm now a 220 pound bloater, but I am happy I've quit.

I do miss it tho'

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Zzub]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I did quit once Zzub for about 2 weeks, it was a nightmare. When I've spoke to people who have quit for about 20 years, they still say they miss it. It's going to be hard but I'm going to try this summer. The problem is I love smoking, I don't want to quit but as you say it's the health issue.

However, if you quit and become obese as a result are you any better off? I guess time will tell...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Too much focus has gone into FOOD.

Food is not the problem so much as balance, how they were raised, and that funny thing called excersize.

We give my kids a popsicle made with apple juice (you can buy the things at a dollar store). Some old timers know what I mean. I got them when I was a kid, and never knew any different.

That is a treat to kids.

TV is also a huge problem. I have never had cable or satalite TV in my life, and neither do my kids.

With 300 #ing channels, it's hard NOT to find something cool to watch.

If nothing cool is on, most people remain hopeful and just "surf" for hours.

Mainly parents are lazy and can't do something so hard as cut up some damn apple slices. What, all 10 secs. of work and all.

Give me 5 mins in a closed room with some of these fat #s and I'll teach them how to feed a child right.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wish you luck with it! Boy do I love smoking, I wish it wasn't bad for you.

>>However, if you quit and become obese as a result are you any better off? I guess time will tell...

I know. I have to lose the weight, part of it is an increased love of red wine, and the rest is fatty lunches at work. It's going to be giving my heart a good strain, being this fat.

I am in the first 2 weeks of my new diet, and it has yet to reduce my weight even slightly. I'm not giving up though, I was told by a girl at the office that "I used to be so buff". That really made me put down my second "bacon double-cheseburger" and look at myself.

Do let us know how you get on if you do give quitting another go.

I hate talking about it, I'm afraid I'll come across as an anti-smoking natzi!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I was told by a girl at the office that "I used to be so buff". That really made me put down my second "bacon double-cheseburger" and look at myself.

I hate talking about it, I'm afraid I'll come across as an anti-smoking natzi!

HAHAHA!!! Yeah, that is a sure way to make a man consider a diet.

Good luck with it.

Trust me, you don't come across as an anti-smoking nazi, but we'll soon know who the real ones are once public smoking is banned in this country. It's coming I just know it, but hopefully there will be a revolt. A pub/bar is not one if it doesn't have smoking, it'll lose all it's character.

I love that story of Johnny Depp and his bar. When smoking in bars was banned he went to the law books and found it said something like "it will not be allowed in a room with 4 walls", so he had one of the walls knocked down in the bar so it would be legal. What a class act, I stand infront of that demolished wall proud everyday.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I was told by a girl at the office that "I used to be so buff". That really made me put down my second "bacon double-cheseburger" and look at myself.

Here's a different slant on looking at the situation. At least now you know what kind of person this girl is. Comments like she made to you are the sure way of weeding out the superficial and shallow from our lives. I would have read her comment THIS way: "What she really means is that she only would like the buff me. In other words, my personality and soul count for nothing".

Cross her off the list, Zzub. She's not worth it. You'd take her out and all she would do is drink water and eat salad...and talk about Atkins or whatever. Would that be what you consider fun ?

Seriously...it doesn't always boil down to what you eat or how much you exercise. Sometimes people are gonna be what their gonna be and that's just what's natural to them. If everybody looked like Jessica & Nick, it would be a pretty boring (not to mention shallow) world, IMO.

Regarding the smoking issue. I quit a month ago too. But the difference is, I'm loving my quit rather then my smoking memories. Anyhoo..just thought I'd post a couple links for anybody who might be interested. They have helped me a great deal to see nicotine addiction for what it really is.

groups.msn.com...

www.whyquit.com...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Cross her off the list, Zzub. She's not worth it......

If I had any interest in her, I'd agree with you %100

I can not stand people who are obsessed with looks and designer clothing. I prefer nice people. You are exactly right.

Thanks for the kind words. We should start a BTS Support group for the quitters!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

We should start a BTS Support group for the quitters!

HEHEHE!!! You couldn't handle it could you quitters? Couldn't keep up with the rest of us. Go hide in your corner, we don't like drop outs here.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
lol, you can be like edward norton in fight club, Nada, and crash the support groups. Might help your insomnia. =P

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
hehe, I might just do that parr.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Then of course, you have the 'pure ones' such as myself who have never poisoned our lungs by breathing in noxious fumes from cigarettes.

(I'm going to ignore the dog's recent farts which must be far worse than cigarettes, but at least are natural
)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, this is coming from a slightly overweight smoker but on this topic, it is the parents that have to take an interest in what their kids are doing. Limit the kids use of TV, games, comp. use, whatever. Sometimes we kick the kids out. "Go ride your bike." Anything. There is so much more to occupy kids minds now that they HAVE to be pushed to be active. # when I was a kid we had 3 TV channels, games?, I grew up before Pong. I was never home.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Wow, I missed a lot on this topic. Well, Im not apologizing. HA HA!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As a kid I was really skinny.

Other kids called me skinny- ninny and knobby knees

I was over-active and hated my moms cooking and I hate

When I was 14 I had a friend who weighed 300 plus pounds. She was the nicest person in the world, but had really bad B.O.!

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You know what else really pisses me off?

FAT PEOPLE who ride on those electric mobility cars (just because their too lazy to walk) in a crowded grocery store.

They take up the whole isle.....Fling it into reverse....and run over your damn toe!:bnghd:

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
You know what else really pisses me off?

FAT PEOPLE who ride on those electric mobility cars (just because their too lazy to walk) in a crowded grocery store.

They take up the whole isle.....Fling it into reverse....and run over your damn toe!:bnghd:

Maybe they're overweight because they HAVE to use those cars? Not a lot of exersize they can do if standing is difficult or impossible.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Just kill yourself you stupid lazy fat #s.

BTW...I do understand the point your making, but you went over the line with that comment.

*edit-insult removed. I crossed the line also*

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You must help yourself.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You must help yourself.

.........To another Twinkie?

new topics

top topics