It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Kids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of all the fat kids I see running around today. It is almost always the parents fault and it is CHILD ABUSE.

Barring serious medical conditions (which are reasonably rare), I think parents should get pissed when they see this too.

The Cause:
Lazy fat bastard parents who can't say no for themselves in this instant gratification country, then make their kids grow into the same thing.

They cause the child to go through life (permanently altered) socially outcast, emotionally wanting, poor self control, less likey to succeed, prone to much more health related problems, earlier death, not to mention being fat.

Just kill yourself you stupid lazy fat #s.

Salad, eat one. Try some fruit once in a blue moon. Walk somewhere, ANYWHERE.

Otherwise just kill yourself and save you kids a lifetime of hassle.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
LMAO!!!

This is some funny stuff Jethro. But I would have to agree. The obesity epidemic in this country is way out of control.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its funny that its an epidemic now. When Im old it will go something like this

Grandpa how did you survive the obesity epidemic of 2000

Oh it was horrible there were more cheese cakes then you could shake a stick at.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I reckon the title should be changed cos at first glance i read"Fat Kids" i was thinking to myself "what could some1 have against fat kids?"

Since i then i read your post i agree parents should not let their kids eat junk food all the time, a kids a health is all down to the parents to control in Hong Kong i have quite a number of students who are fat and it in my opinion is their parents fault.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by drunk]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
But if there were no more fat kids who would the other kids pick on at school?

I'm only joking, but seriously what you say is true. Bin their #ing playstations and get them outside to play, get them involved sports, do #ing something.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think computer games should only be played by people with "hair down there".

These kids don't even know the roots of it and can't appreciate it anyway.

I was talking about the Atari, and some 13 year old girl was like "What's an Atari?"

Fat little #s.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"I was talking about the Atari, and some 13 year old girl was like "What's an Atari?"

Fat little (c). "

I along with you would've felt my blood boil.

Do you think if I mentioned a Spectrum ZX to any of these little bastards they'd know what the hell I was on about? grrrr....

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Again guys i reckon it aint right to cuss them in vain you should say "#ING USELESS PARENTS" it aint the kids fault they are fatat their age they dont know whats good for them.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well drunk I think you shouldn't wrap them up in cotton wool and absolve them of all wrong doing, that leads to very bad things so that's just something we're going to have to disagree on.

Also, if you can't detect the sarcastic humour that is obviously at play here then I'm sorry.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
True, you can't really blame the kids until the get to be truely cognizant of what is happening.

Should they be of even reasonable intellegence, that should be around 14 or 15.

The saddest part though, is that they can not see past the social dogma about fitness and/or food.

HEALTH IS NOT WHAT YOU WEIGH. IT IS NOT RELATED ENTIRELY BY WHAT YOU EAT.

Fitness is not gained by a pill, nor is it how much you weigh. It is a combination of MODERATION (not always diet) and physical excertion.

Here's an idea, walk a little. When I was a kid, we used to ride our bikes or walk up to 4 or 5 miles just to get to an ice cream store, eat some, chill for about an hour, then ride back.

That's more good than bad by far.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Arrrrrgghhhh !!!!!!! #ing internet connection crashed and I lost my first post

AS I was saying...

In my opinion, people come in all sorts of sizes and shapes and packaging and it's all good, we all have something about ourselves that makes us beautiful. It just takes being a little sensitive and empathetic is all.

I don't care if you are societies version of "perfect" or not, if you have the personality of Hitler, or the sensitivity of Ashley, you do nothing for me.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Arrrrrgghhhh !!!!!!! #ing internet connection crashed and I lost my first post

AS I was saying...

In my opinion, people come in all sorts of sizes and shapes and packaging and it's all good, we all have something about ourselves that makes us beautiful. It just takes being a little sensitive and empathetic is all.

I don't care if you are societies version of "perfect" or not, if you have the personality of Hitler, or the sensitivity of Ashley, you do nothing for me.

Oh, I totally agree with you, but it's the "man made" problems that I am pissed about.

As the father of two boys, we are careful to be sure that they get the right foods, balance, and excersize. It's not really that hard.

I was called a "modern day hero". Why you ask? Because I married a woman with a small child (who knows no father but me) and took care of business.

WHY THE # AM I A HERO FOR DOING WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO?

It's a damn joke. Men, re-evaluate your additude, you have been trained poorly, so see outside of that social crap and learn.

Same to the women.

Getting your rocks off is not the answer to lifes calling.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So shouldn't your subject line be bad parents?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle

Exactly but Jethro doesnt wann change it

John> you're right i dont see any humour or sarcasm here everyone is different, the title is mis leading.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebeagle

Ok so your rationale is that you should call the topic title the cause and not the consequence, right?

Ok so when I want to post a topic about a man being murdered by your rationale I'll have to find the cause for the topic title so it's not "misleading". Ok, so say I find out that it was because the man was having an affair? That means I'll have to call it "Man has an affair" even thought what I want to talk about is the murder.
Of course I can't do this though because you think it's wrong to talk about the consequence before the cause.

Ok, same story as above. So it turns out the cause of his actions was that he was abused when he was a child and it made him go loopy. Because he could never get over this he killed people.

Again by your rationale I'll have to give it the title "Man abused" and not "Man murdered". Do you know of any other newspaper title e.t.c. that does this in the world? I don't think so. You find the cause within the story, not in the title.

drunk and thebeagle I think you owe KJ an apology for this complete over reaction and nit picking. It's up to yourselves if you do, personally I don't care but you should want to be men about it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Why should i apologies?? i wont apologies sorry to sound arrogant but the title of 6the thread is misleading as i said sorry that every1 cant see your sarcasm John but thats life, every1's different i will stand my ground beside whats to say sorry for??

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Why should i apologies?? i wont apologies sorry to sound arrogant but the title of 6the thread is misleading as i said sorry that every1 cant see your sarcasm John but thats life, every1's different i will stand my ground beside whats to say sorry for??

You're post is unreadable so I can't reply to it, sorry.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Other points aside, I think John Nada hit the nail on the head. Kids need to turn off the playstation every now and then and go fall out of a tree or whack some weeds with sticks for an afternoon. That's what we used to do back when obesity was rare and I was young.

I try to make sure my son gets a balance. He's only three at the moment, so it's not hard to get him away from the TV, which he only really watches while I'm getting his breakfast ready. (that boy sure loves Noddy)

What worries me is that this three year old of mine can turn on the family PC, log on to windows XP with his password, launch internet explorer and find his favorites folder. It's going to be hard keeping him away from the computers and the internet. I dont want the Internet raising my child, that would be far worse then TV, I think, and will equally lead to obesity or at least a sentient lifestyle.

I completely agree with KrazyJethro about the salad. Unless you take great care with your kids foor, it's easy to give them too much fatty food. The kids ranges of food in the supermarkets here (in the UK) have got plenty of fat and sugars in the dinosaur-shaped, breaded chicken pieces, which seem to be the only thing my kid actually wants (other than chips). So, this is something I'm giving him less and less of. We eat plenty of fruit and veg, I hope he will carry on accepting this as he gets older.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
But if there were no more fat kids who would the other kids pick on at school?

I'm only joking, but seriously what you say is true. Bin their #ing playstations and get them outside to play, get them involved sports, do #ing something.

you know what, John?

This morning in the paper I read a short blurb on h ow a study links obesity to being bullied. No big surprise there, I guess!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Originally posted by drunk

You're post is unreadable so I can't reply to it, sorry.

Huh? ureadable dont tell me your insulting me? or you just dont wanna reply? how is it unreadable?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join