It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Oak Island Mystery - Pirates doing or not ? and what is down there ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This is a mystery which is still unsolved, what the hell is at the bottom of the money pit and who could have built it ?

One can only wonder what would have happened if young Daniel McGinnis had chosen to go exploring somewhere else on that fateful day in the summer of 1795. If he had, perhaps nobody else would have walked the woods on the eastern end of Oak Island for the next ten years. In that time, the clearing McGinnis found might have been reclaimed completely by the woods. In a forest, the thirteen foot-wide depression in the ground might never have been noticed. Thick, leafy branches might have obscured the old tackle block hanging from a branch directly over the pit. Without these markers, there would have been nothing to indicate that this was the work of man. And there might have never been the two-hundred year long treasure hunt that cost several fortunes and many lives.

OAK ISLAND MYSTERY SITE

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I watched a program about the pit a couple of years ago MS. I didn't give any answers, just raised many questions. If the pit does contain pirate treasure, then I'd suspect that some treasure hunters would have investigated it by now, given the latest technology that's available.

And so...the mystery continues,
Deep

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What is the Oak Island Mystery?

Sounds like a sunken pirate ship or something!

Read Mad Scientist's post and it got me wondering!

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Raven, check the link Mad Scientist left in his post.

It seems strange they have been digging for so long and have found nothing but a coing and a few other things. I wouldnt be surprised if 1) They found the treasure and didnt report it to avoid taxes, or any legalities that may surround the treasure or 2) they never found the treasure because it is not there, it was removed or was left there as a misdirection trick.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to renew interest in Oak Island..

www.activemind.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Intriguing.....I had actually followed this for a long time, after seeing an old In Search Of episode dealing with this... The following, was rather new info I hadn't seen...

"A camera lowered down to a bedrock cavity at 230 feet returned some amazing images. At first a severed hand could be seen floating in the water. Later three chests (of the treasure type I would presume) and various tools could be made out. Finally a human body was detected.

After seeing the images, the decision was made to send divers down for a look. Several attempts were made but strong current and poor visibility made it impossible to see anything.

Soon after the hole itself collapsed and has not been reopened."

Says they are still at it... Any word on current progress? Haven't searched yet though.....

top topics

join