It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Accountant Kept Shackled at JFK Airport, Denied Water For 24 Hours By Homeland Security

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I just found this on the Prison Planet site.
Looks like Homeland Security are living up to their Gestapo-like reputation.

An accountant claims that he was kept for more than 24 hours in "leg chains" and denied food and water after flying into New York's JFK airport with his wife.

David Pattison, 52, of Beeston, Norfolk, was held by US security officials because an Interpol notice alleged that he was wanted in Qatar for debts of up to $10,000 (�5,800).

He was deported on Monday night without having been allowed to enter America.

www.prisonplanet.tv..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.prisonplanet.tv...

The article contines to explain that the Qatar Embassy had no knowledge that he was being sought.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maybe the government has just instituted a new interview process for potential accountants. They do need some new ones,the old ones arent doing a very good job.Not to mention the prison time and stuff.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I would expect to see more instances of these Gestapo tactics in the future, perhaps even extending into the realm of debt collection.

HS Agent 04290: "Mr. Pisky, you failed to make the minimum payment on your MasterCard." [click, clank, thud]

HS Agent 04291: "You are to be held until you pay the outstanding debt, penalties and fines totaling $7,800, plus detention fee of $350 per day."

HS Agent 04290: "Here is your urine and excrement pail. Good night."

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by _alien]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
First, that link does not work, second is there any other site that is not trying to sell some form of propaganda that corroborates this story?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
First, that link does work and you just seem to be too ignorant to correct that little link problem on your own(I guess because behind that link you might encounter something that doesn't improve the great image of the USA)

and second, sure there is more propaganda about this

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/04/29/njfk29.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/04/29/ixnewstop.html

www.edp24.co.uk...

You might add this incident to the other reports of discrimination regarding people travelling to the USA.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
First, that link does not work, second is there any other site that is not trying to sell some form of propaganda that corroborates this story?

washingtontimes.com...

There will probably be more instances like this from homeland security soon.
Read my post on CAPPS II which checks passengers against a database and then flags them based on certain items such as:

Businesses frequented
How often a passenger has moved
Outstanding arrest warrants
How long the passenger has owned a car
Where family members live
Phonebooks or magazine subscriptions
Credit header information�

8% of air passengers will be yellow flagged.

Green-coded passengers are not considered a threat and will follow normal security procedures, including electronic screening; yellow-coded passengers are either an unknown or possible threat and will be subjected to heightened screening, such as a bag search and search of their person; red-coded passengers are deemed a high risk and will not be allowed to travel, and law enforcement authorities will be contacted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This guy Alex Jones of Prison Planet sounds like a real quack to me from reading his home page. I'd rather read Pravda. Are there any other links about this story? Edit

Now the Telegraph I can believe.

The people who did this should be fired at the very least if this is true. Sounds like some house cleaning at the airport is in order.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Interesting actually - I am unable to find any professional links to David Pattison in Beeston as an accountant in the UK

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Interesting actually - I am unable to find any professional links to David Pattison in Beeston as an accountant in the UK

Because it ain't on google it/he doesn't exist?
- great post.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think anything will be done until either an American, especially a minrotiy American gets into trouble with homeland security. Either that or we have a war threatened between us and MOST ALL OF THE WORLD. Remember, we, as a country think we know how all other countires need to run, but we cannot even protect the rights of the majority...

God, I hate taking away freedom for the sake of freedom. To save freedom, I will probably have to give up the AK47, jsut 'cause I can go psycho and try to stop the government from it's reign of terrorororor!
Please, like I'll waste my time doing that. (My dad had some Militia friends and they used to tag my Dad's mail b/c one of the dadburn fools got into a good bit of trouble. My Dad didn't keep in touch with them--he has kids to raise.)

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Americans are also being targeted by homeland security and the US isn't the only one turning into a police state.
The UK seems to be heading that way also.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I've heard of a case of two, but I don't think they went quite that far, have to look them up...
Remeber Americans are the center of the universe, here, and are really into the "It won't happen to me!" thing. Once it happes severely, a few times, amongst those who are semi-respectable or have the NAACP up their arse, noting's gonna be done b/c we keepin' the Islami's out the hood. DISGUSTING!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
From the telegraph -"We begged for water but the [Department for Homeland Security] staff just sat there eating hamburgers.

That type of treatment is not acceptable and those people should be fired and charged with a crime. If it's their supervisors policy then get rid off him/her etc. If anyone treated members of my family that way I would definately see them punished.

What would be nice is if someone could publish the pictures & names of these workers responsible for not giving these people water at their request- as we need to see the faces of the real purveyers of evil living amongst us. If someone denied me water & I lived through it I would gladly hunt them down and give them a taste of their own medicine.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by outsider]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So when will you guys be revolting? (no i'm not refering to personal hygiene)

The US is getting worse and worse by the day, more and more sotries are gradually emerging about huan rights abuses and new laws that restrict your freedom... and notice the pro-US posters are kinda staying away from this issue as they dont really have much to defend this with, except so you have any other links that arent propaganda (yes and they all check out)...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
So when will you guys be revolting?

Yeah right, like any self-preserving respectable freedom fighter, um I mean terrorist is going to answer that.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider

Originally posted by specialasianX
So when will you guys be revolting?

Yeah right, like any self-preserving respectable freedom fighter, um I mean terrorist is going to answer that.

Wisely put coz i could be anyone... but i'm not... but i dont really expect an answer...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
So, a Brit doesn't pay his bills (what else is new?), Interpol puts out a notice on him, he gets busted trying to slip into the US for "holiday", his own consulate won't help him, so we ship his pasty white butt back home to face the music.

And the US is at fault how? Because we didn't give him a glass of water? He would've probably found something wrong with the water anyway.

Here's how you SHOULD HAVE approached this problem:

Start in Qatar
Follow up with Interpol
Question the British Consulate

Then, if all is copasetic there, maybe we'll talk to you. But please stop blaming the US for every deadbeat loser who screws up his finances.

It has nothing to do with the Office of Homeland Security, everything to do with the Brit and his past. Stop trying to blame the US for this. Because, had the guy been allowed to proceed into the US, and got himself into a jam here somehow, YOU WOULD BE SCREAMING THAT HOMELAND SECURITY FAILED TO STOP HIM ENTERING THE US DESPITE THE MAN BEING ON AN INTERPOL LIST.

Your US-hating tatics are very transparent.

And tell the guy that he should pay his bills before he goes on holiday, if there's any money left over.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Which on of our US hating tacticsa are you talking about?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
Which on of our US hating tacticsa are you talking about?

__
I would expect to see more instances of these Gestapo tactics in the future, perhaps even extending into the realm of debt collection.
__
First, that link does work and you just seem to be too ignorant to correct that little link problem on your own(I guess because behind that link you might encounter something that doesn't improve the great image of the USA)
__
The people who did this should be fired at the very least if this is true. Sounds like some house cleaning at the airport is in order.
__
as we need to see the faces of the real purveyers of evil living amongst us
__
The US is getting worse and worse by the day, more and more sotries are gradually emerging about huan rights abuses and new laws that restrict your freedom... and notice the pro-US posters are kinda staying away from this issue as they dont really have much to defend this with, except so you have any other links that arent propaganda (yes and they all check out)...
__

And finally from you, jlc

DISGUSTING
__

Not meant to flame you, jlc, but you'll find America-bashing very fashionable here. It's rarely factual and usually over-stated. It's hard to move past the mob-chasing-the-monster mentality, but it is the right thing to do.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider quoted by jsobecky
as we need to see the faces of the real purveyers of evil living amongst us

Response originally posted by jsobecky DISGUSTING

Cool man somebody quoting me
or I'm I quoting myself

First of all I'm not a American bashing at all I'm bashing the aholes who weren't decent enough to give this guy water. Maybe I went a little overbore because I just watched a movie where a guy just about died from lack of water (touching the void). Or maybe it's because I've spent so much time in airports & I don't have much respect for some of the arrogant aholes that seem to plague many of our airports- I'm talking about pre-911 here mostly. You know who I'm talking about not the ones doing a good job - the ones who use their authority to abuse folks who have achieved more then themselves are capable of. There little chance to play god - yeah I know you know the type. We all have a cop or so out of ever 10 that are the same way in our cities. These jobs have a way of attracting these type of minions.

Still I don't accept this behavior nor do I accept the behavior of the folks who got caught up abusing Iraqi prisoners. Whether their withholding water from a deadbeat or forcing prisoners to perform disgusting acts.
I pay taxes that support these people & I don't want human abusers working for me period. Remember if your paid by our taxes your our employee and we own you, you don't own us.
If it makes you an happier the morning after I posted this there was some guy probing my yard with an long instrument that I had to run off. Maybe I'm just paranoid & he was looking for gas leaks or maybe he was doing something else. I digitized his image from the window just in case.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join