It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of an era, or Hummer itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

"General Motors Corp. took a key step toward its downsizing on Tuesday, striking a tentative deal to sell its Hummer brand to a Chinese manufacturer, while also revealing that it has potential buyers for its Saturn and Saab brands."

Call me crazy but I don't think this buyout will work in the end. Hummers appeal to flag-wavers, ex-soldiers and macho men who like to burn oil, not Commie-loving liberals!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Call me crazy but I don't think this buyout will work in the end. Hummers appeal to flag-wavers, ex-soldiers and macho men who like to burn oil, not Commie-loving liberals!

sorry but I think they only appeal to the people who have to flaunt things to give them self asteam..Usually the people with more money than brains and physical stature..a napolean complex of the groin area..

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

You took the other words right out of my mouth, I am learning "sensitivity" so err, "penguin" jokes were on short order.....

Ever been in a Hummer? I have and it is not as cool as you would think. They waste far more gas than an ol DOdge Charger we once had and that literally got 5 miles to a gallon!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to tell you something. EXCELLENT
taste in avatars, I like all kinds of art but Derek Riggs beats all! You can never have too much Maiden! Must crank up "Run to the HIlls" now...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Let them dissappear. They're gigantic gas guzzlers that's nothing more to most than a status symbol.

Not to mention I think they're pretty ugly. I'll take my Saturn any day. Even though that might dissappear too!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
H3 is probably the greatest american SUV ever made. Anyone who owns or owned one will tell you that they have no regrets and LOVE the fuel efficiency of 25MPG. Power, efficiency plus looks galore.

The H2 could have been executed better, while still the most prestigious truck ever made in america, the fuel / engine could have easily been better implemented. When you have the coin, the fuel costs really don't matter nor is it anyone's business to dictate how much someone should consume of ANYTHING. By paying for it, they more than earn and deserve it and the H2 might be the only pleasurable experience in the day the owner gets. They are primarily executives driving them, providing jobs, working long hours, needing personal protection. Sure, there are the rap wannabes, dribblers etc too. As well there are lots of cynical jealous people in this world that will see even more big dollars going to China for their "to be" superior rough terrain / suv products.

Say what you will. Keep filling WalMart's cash registers! America just gained a massive "stupid stamp" on our weakening, atrophied arm. This is the "tall poppy syndrome" that is killing the nation!

If I can ever afford one, I'll be buying a chinese Hummer. Ain't nothing american anymore regardless!

top topics

join