It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin would be 2nd state to issue driver's cards to illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Wisconsin would be 2nd state to issue driver's cards to illegal immigrants

www.greenbaypressgazette.com

MADISON — Wisconsin may soon join Utah as the only states to issue illegal immigrants special cards that allow them to drive but not get other rights that traditional licenses hold.

The plan was included in Wisconsin’s state budget approved by a Democratic-controlled committee on Friday. It is subject to approval by the full Legislature and Gov. Jim Doyle, perhaps as soon as next week.

Utah is the only state with a two-tiered system like what is being proposed in Wisconsin, according to The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators. About 40,000 drivers in Utah have the ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm from Wisconsin, the this is stupid. Further into the article, it even states that police are barred from checking immigration statuses because they hold the card. Seriously? Proof in hand that the carrier is an illegal immigrant, but nothing can be done about it?

Ship them all back, or make them legal. Give them amnesty for all I care, but make them at least start paying for insurance and taxes like the rest of us.

www.greenbaypressgazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Feels like opposite day for politicans eh'.

Illegals to get same treatment and legals.

So if I do the right thing, I get this treatment, if I do illegal things, I get no punishment. Oh okay, sounds good.

When did illegal become legal, they should change the word.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have zero problem with anyone who legally comes here and becomes a prodcutive citizen. I assume most here feel the same way. How did we let that simple sentiment get twisted into "we hate all immigrants?" Because I want people to follow the right proceedure, I am racist, have no heart or am a seclusionist? How the f**ck does anyone come to that conclusion? Seriously, tell me, I need to know.

And on a side note, does Liberty Mutual now offer IIDI (Illegal Immigrant Driving Insurance)? At least that would be refreshing as, at least around here, you have a greater than 50% chance of getting hit by a person with no license, reg OR insurance.

I swear to Christ I hope we are in the path of a huge freaking asteroid. Illegal Immigrant Driving Licenses, a union owning a large chunk of a company full of its own union workers (gee, wonder how those wage/benefit negotiations will go) and people switching from 1911s to S&W M&Ps. Has everybody lost their collective freaking minds?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Illegal aliens should not be rewarded with amnesty or even a driver's license. They all need to be shipped back.

top topics

join