It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A future Robocop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I hope this hasn't been posted yet. If it has then I apologize. I stumbled upon this just a minute ago. It isn't real but it could be in our near future.

www.theembassyvfx.com...

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
WOW that was a good view. Whats up with all the robots theres a prediction going around in the grapevien so it isnt very highly thought of but saying that by the year 2030 or 2040 we could be looking at the 1st AI intelegence with all these Actionbots, an Destructo-Bots add a smidge of AI an we could be fightin these things.

An what about terror on a robot format? just program some bots an dress em up like a human an then inject blood tissue an whatnot for Biometric readings an we could find these guys on a subway or court building preforming assinations*

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
judging by the fact that it's on a visual effects company's website, i'd go with a: no, this isn't real.

it was pretty damned amusing though!

EDIT: haha, oops... i just say that you said it "isn't real." at first i thought you said it "is real." my bad!

but no, i doubt that even in our future we'll see much like that. at least not for like another century.

[Edited on 4/30/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Holy crap ... THATS WAS COOL ... I wish it we're real now. In the future it COULD be real becasue if they have the ability to think it up, all it needs is the proper advancements in technology to become a reality: more 'human' movements, and more advanced 'thinking' AI. Nice find!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Leave the job to the humans! Judging by the video if this robot ever existed and he was chasing after you would be a goner. It reminds of the terminator. Robots could always be reprogrammed. It would be a bad and expensive idea to build one of these

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at all if these things were already in development.

To reprogram it, you have to catch it first...

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
Leave the job to the humans! Judging by the video if this robot ever existed and he was chasing after you would be a goner. It reminds of the terminator. Robots could always be reprogrammed. It would be a bad and expensive idea to build one of these

You make a good point about reprogramming Zuzubar but consider this. No longer will we have to worry about human police officers getting killed in the line of duty if this becomes a reality in the near future. Sure their are uncertainties to this but consider the lives that will be saved if this is built to help create a better future.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It would have to be error proof. I think it would be good for the police if these started working. Anyone's life being lost is a shame. If you are making the robot make sure you can control him. I'd like to have one of those.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
you might not need to catch it to reprogram it, you might just need to find the Frequency,i can just see it now a young boy with a remote control car starts to make the robot shoot people unlikely but im sure something along them lines would prevail.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Something like this would probably be in the terahertz (THz), not megahertz (MHz) like radio controlled cars or gigahertz like phones or computers (GHz).

[Edited on 5-1-04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I doubt it will ever happen, because if we put our entire defense system in the hands of machines, what will we do in the case of a nuclear attack? Even if they are out of blast range the power outage will still hit them and we will be pretty defenseless.

new topics

top topics

join