It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-enactment of the laying of the cornerstone of the US Capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The 200th "Birthday" celebration of US Capitol [sic] on September 18, 1993 on a Satur(n)day.

Obviously, this is not how a real Masonic lodge meeting takes place, since these guys are not inside their own lodge.

They speak rather eloquently, but mumble through the phrase "Worshipful Master." It sounds more like they are saying "worship-pull master." They also mumble through the word "capitol," and pronounce the word "officers" like "off-sirs."

The master of ceremonies George Adams (then Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia) refers to George Washington as "grand master of Freemasons." During this ceremony George Adams plays the role of George Washington.

He says that Bill Clinton was sworn in on a Masonic bible.

It makes me laugh every time I heard yet another bull# interpretation of the symbols from this guy. Even the guys in the audience cough or turn to each other.

He says that in "ancient times they [corn, wine and oil] constituted the wealth of the people," which is false. They represent the increased wages of a Fellowcraft Mason. He slips up, saying "wine is the symbols of free-uh-refreshment."

The stone was "laid with Masonic honors"

Why does the American Foundation for Irish Heritage present the commemorative plate ????!

Just before a black guy goes up, the grand master says, "I should say 'Brother Senator'," with tongue in cheek.

The grand master refers to Masonry as "the royal art" ...

Towards the end, the grand master talks about a Mason's duty to "confer benefits onto mankind" in a way that sounded condescending.

The participants had to be fed their lines throughout the ceremony, and one of the participants didn't even wear a lambskin. They suck

Lots of politicians and religions leaders are shown in this ceremony. There was even a reverend to lead a prayer.

After they were done splattering all kinds of gunk onto the stone, it looked more like they ran a train on it than "laid" it

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What is the purpose of this thread other than a critique by a non-Mason. These rituals take a lot of time to memorize, it's so easy to sit on the sidelines and criticize them.

Bill Clinton may have taken an oath on a Bible used by the Freemasons, but it is no different than any other Bible. It's a KJV Bible. Bill Clinton was only in the DeMolay, he never went into the Freemasons.

Guests are often invited to these ceremonies. Freemasons believe in prayer so that is no surprise.

My question to you is, could you do any better?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Where is the conspiracy in this thread? What is the point?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

The point is to make fun of an old man stumbling through a historical re-enactment.

A lot of re-enactment's aren't hitch proof, in any sense of the word. I remember I went to a Civil War re-enactment, and a fellow got pulled by his around around the battlefield about twice before they got his horse to stop.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Freemasonry itself is the conspiracy, well part of the conspiracy. Maybe to you it's not because you are sworn to deny that it is so. This is what's called a "conflict of interest" and renders your argument invalid.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I suppose a Civil War expert wouldn't look strange misrepresenting the Civil War?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It's disingenous to participate in an activity where you don't know what you're doing. What if Kelly Clarkson forgot how to sing?

Please, remind us what other presidents have taken their oaths on a Masonic bible? By the time Bill Clinton took office, they should have been able to locate a bible within the White House.

It's insulting to Masons who don't believe in that type of prayer.

If by "doing better" you mean memorizing lines, I'd say yes.

Actually I though that their bogus explanations of the symbols was funny. A few other phrases were funny, like when the guy said that the stone was "laid with Masonic honors." When you look at the stone after they basically plopped a bunch of blue stuff on it, you can't help but crack up. What's also funny is when they "squared" the stone and then said "the craftsman have done their duty." What most funniest of all is that these are a bunch of grown ass men playing Beavis and Butthead.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

He'd probably have a tennis ball cannon shot at him in dishonor.
I know few guy who are great at talking in crowds, but put them in front, the develop a stutter, shrink three inches and bolt as soon as possible.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
It's disingenous to participate in an activity where you don't know what you're doing. What if Kelly Clarkson forgot how to sing?
It's not disingenous, so much as incompetent. But its not like these guys are professional actors or anything. They do it because its something that interests them. That doesn't mean they'll always do it well... their heart is in the right place nonetheless.

Please, remind us what other presidents have taken their oaths on a Masonic bible? By the time Bill Clinton took office, they should have been able to locate a bible within the White House.

In both of his inaugurations Bill Clinton used the Bible his grandmother had given him
www.christianhistorytimeline.com...

Not seeing a complete list anywhere, but from various sources via google, the bible that George Washington used when he was sworn in was lent for the occasion by a lodge in NY. Apparently, 3 other presidents since then have been sworn in on that same bible, still owned by that lodge but lent out for the occasion. I'm not coming up with that full list immediately, but I know it includes George H.W. Bush, who wasn't a Mason.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Oh look another vcw post of ... nothing??... nice toilet humor btw.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Like I said, it's a lot to remember. To remember all your duties, plus do a new ceremony can be a lot. I have a pretty damn good memory and it some studying to get this stuff down. Comparing us to Ms. Clarkson is that that is her daily job, being a Master or Grand Master is not.

I know George Washington took his oath on a Masonic Bible.

It's insulting to Masons who don't believe in that type of prayer.

Actually it's not.

Why is it funny for the stone to be laid with Masonic honors? If you understood the symbolism behind the ritual you wouldn't laugh

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Apparently, 3 other presidents since then have been sworn in on that same bible, still owned by that lodge but lent out for the occasion. I'm not coming up with that full list immediately, but I know it includes George H.W. Bush, who wasn't a Mason.

The video mentions Clinton, H.W. Bush and Carter.

Your link seems to be right about Clinton. Although it's possible that his Grandma's Bible was a Masonic one. Here's what the Library of Congress has to say:
Bibles and Scripture Passages Used by Presidents in Taking the Oath of Office

According to the link given above and this wiki link, President Harding, Eisenhower, Carter and HW Bush have used the same Bible.

[edit on 1/6/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I asked you where is the conspiracy because your initial post contained nothing but jib-jab attempts at what was previously-recorded from CSPAN.

So I actually have to ask again, what is your premise? What is your argument? What is the purpose for posting the vids?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

In case you haven't figured it out, it's a Masonic ritual

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

In case you haven't figured it out, it's a Masonic ritual
Yes. It is. But why does that make it conspiratorial? What's the angle? By laying a cornerstone are we calling Beelzebub into being? By mispronouncing Klatuu, Barada, Necktie, have we doomed humanity?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Freemasonry is a secret society

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshNorton

Freemasonry is a secret society

Oh dear, that old chestnut again. Well, with rings, lapel pins, car tags, websites, buildings with signs in front of them, and press releases to our local newspapers on a regular basis, (with pictures yet!), we are about the most unsecret secret society going.
Don't worry, I won't hit you with the 'society with secrets' answer. The truth would only confuse you.

For a bunch that is supposed to control everything from fluoridation to Nibru, we can't even hide ourselves properly.

Sorry for cutting this short, but I need to get back to serving my Reptillian overlords. Steve Gutenberg's career has slipped a little and V'lchurrg of the 33 and 1/3 Circle is mightily displeased, so I had better get back to pulling those Hollywood strings when I am not turning a couple hundred pounds of helpless cabbages into BBQ slaw for our annual fundraiser. It may make you feel better to know that I use catsup, which looks a great deal like gore, AND the chopped up heads are mixed up in this vat/cauldron thing. I'll have my assistant (the Tyler) mumble something arcane (or just ARMY OF DARKNESS quotes) while I am stirring, just for you.

I hope that this has helped to reinforce your unshakable pre-conceived notions of Freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Don't forget the thread he started with the pictures of the inside of the Prince Hall Lodge, or the numerous sites that feature the names of the members of the Lodge and it's officers.
It's only secret to those who want it to be.

join