It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Sighting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think its possible we've been had!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I too want the pic, I love Nessie. When I was a kid my aunt went to Scotland and bought me Nessie socks that I wore for 10 yrs, stupid I know but you reminded of beloved knee socks with "nessie" feet in hot pink, yea they were sexy. Anyway, it has always fascintated me especially since the stories and sightings have been around for many years, there has to be more than one Nessie, yet we can't prove the existance of any.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by scoopyjon

Why do you think that!!!!

Edit: I forgot to say to Heisenberg - bye bye from ATS

[edit on 30/5/09 by freemindmine]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I think you might have to wait .......

Still im sure nessie will "crop" up again

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I believe that the photo is real. As I said, it was grainy and taken while walking his dog. You take a picture while doing something and get it to be clear and void of any problems. Anyway, the dispellers will dispell even the best of evidence. You have not been had; in fact, your lack of belief leads you to "have" doubt even if the occurance happened to you! I have known Eustace for over 30 years and he is a trustworthy guy.

reply to post by scoopyjon

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This individual who posted the origional thread should not have posted it wiithout having had his cousin send him the picture first. I believe we are all in agreement on this.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Me and my brother went to loch ness and tried to make hoax pictures by ducking under the water and using a sock as a puppet didnt work very well though. Plus it was a cold and rainy day and I was $hitting it that the real monster might turn up!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Heis

your faith is touching - and im glad your a believer.

but faith and truth in this case seem poles apart.

Good luck with the search - but consider before a post do you have the facts.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It was out of sheer excitement! If you get information from a trustworthy individual would you not tell anyone until they provided you with a portfolio of evidence? If that were the case, 99% of ATS would not exist! Why do they release proclaimations all of the time while things are still in trial form?????????????????

reply to post by Wally Conley

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Heis

ATS is founded on "Deny ignorance" - we check first post after (or most do)

Take the Newton analogy - "My friend saw gravity"

or "I saw the apple fall from a tree - look at this"

who would you believe ?

Absorb this and you are on the road to ATS enlightenment

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I feel like i've been mentally raped, after looking at that picture.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am still having a little problem with some posts calling the photo fake. Why? Please be more elaborate then just calling it such.

reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Didn't need a third eye to predict this outcome.

I hope we've all learned something today.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Heis
if you cant see it objectively then - well I'm sorry - its a fake rip off or photoshop

good luck on your search (don't do this to death)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well then...perhaps in the future I can be more of a skeptic.

reply to post by Silk

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That pic is worse than the lampshade ufo pics in that other theread. Yet, the evangelical believers will deem this as the smoking gun

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

If you'd like to provide some more evidence, the original digital file extracted from the phone without any alterations and the mobile phone brand and model would help us check if it is indeed possible that it's a picture from a mobile phone. The picture you uploaded has a strange dimension of 259 by 216 pixels, which doesn't seem to be a normal format for mobile phone images - however, if his mobile phone brand & model match, it would lend some credibility to the image itself. For what it's worth, I don't mind you posting from enthousiasm - in fact, I think I might've done the same - and hope you don't blame ATS for the negativity some residents exhibit ;].

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What I find to be the most amusing thing about this whole Loch Ness thing is that when the original photo came out years ago many people didn't believe it yet many people did. Years later when the same guys finally admited it was a fraud nobody believed them. Same thing with the original bigfoot footage. The guys finally admited it was a buddy of theirs in a gorilla costume and nobody believed them. This photo posted today is laughable at best yet some are going to hold it up as proof positive that a giant water lizard is alive and well in Scotland.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sorry OP. I wasn't laughing at you or anything. When I posted the picture I genuinely thought it was a drawing!!!
Interesting if we can get a better copy or something.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81da4411045b.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm unsure whether you're yanking our chains, as you seem to believe the photo is real

I tried to break apart the image in photoshop, but the quality is so bad, it's not worthy of analysis.

Points to consider:

i). there is no dimension to the nessie, i.e. there's no depth to her body to suggest she's in the water
ii). there's no wake in the water, nor ripples
iii). the shadow is highly suspicious; it seems to be masked and then smudged to make it appear to blend with the water.
iv). the reflection is trapezoidal, especially at the tail, whereas the head reflection falls inside to the left
iv). the shoreline is too straight, suggesting a splice of two images.
v). finally, it's a crayon drawing done by your niece or nephew

Any further text is wasting my screen ink, i'm afraid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join