It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Remembrance~29th May 1453~ Constantinople

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi/
I would like to share this day ...although I didn't live it,my ancestors did.
The year 1453 29th May....In remembrance'
My great grandfather was be headed, or was that great,great grandfather?

There are many legends in Greece surrounding the Fall of Constantinople.
One of them holds that two priests saying divine liturgy over the crowd disappeared into the cathedral's walls as the first Turkish soldiers entered.
According to the legend, the priests will appear again on the day Constantinople returns to Christian hands.[61] Another legend refers to the Marble King, Constantine XI, holding that, when the Ottomans entered the city, an angel rescued the emperor, turned him into marble and placed him in a cave under the earth near the Golden Gate, where he waits to be brought to life again (a variant of the sleeping hero...

source

Legend or prophecy ?
Time will tell!
Although this may seem 'out there' consider all the paranormal and weirdness 'Out there'.

The name Istanbul...
deriving from a Greek phrase ("to the City", Greek: eis -tin- polin

In remembrance of the fall of Constantinople!
There exists a legend as some would have it,that a marbled King(frozen) shall rise and Agia Sophia(Holy WISDOM is the name of the Church)shall once again be as it was in early Christianity.
This is also known as prophecy and is widely known among the Greek people.

The link below has a download book with prophecies of 12... who all prophesy the same thing from centuries apart.

According to the legend and the local traditions, the above course of events goes through the conflict to the Turks and the revival of Byzantium. These legends referred to the "marble king", who is six-fingered and has left an uncompleted work and will be resurrected, under God's help, in order to bring it into completion.

But who is this "marble King"? Which is his role referred to and how is it related to what is going to happen in the broader area?

Read more

There is also another prophecy that says when the 100th gate is found(Island of Paros?)then Constantinople will be once more...99 gates have been found to date.
(need to find the link)

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here is more information about the Marbled King!

Constantine XI Palaiologos was the last Christian Emperor of Constantinople and the Byzantine empire. In 1453, when Constantinople fell to the Ottoman Turks, he was last seen fighting at the city walls, but the actual circumstances of his death have remained surrounded in myth. In the years which followed it was said that he was not dead but sleeping - the 'immortal emperor' turned to marble, who would one day be awakened by an angel and drive the Turks out of his city and empire.

Marbled King~

ICXN
helen

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well, I must say, are my posts that boring?
The Marbled King is a LEGEND that is told by many.
This legend exists in many MOVIES created, they are a little changed to the original one.
Go to the links provided!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
" that boring "

Yes!

Nah Helen you are a good soul, always liked you since you been on, and i do read your post, just not much to respond too.

More like a read not a debate.

peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Hi JesusisTruth,
Thank you.

Well, at least people read it and maybe in the future it might be of help?

Again, thanks for the reply.

ICXC NIKA
helen

new topics

top topics

join