It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama's Change Is Not Going To Come. So Now What?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tommy_boy

Excellent. I have met newly sworn-in citizens to the United States who have more faith in this great nation than some citizens who derive their citizenship from birthright of past generations of citizens.

The newest citizens I've met actively want to participate in the political process and add to the culture of America, as much as they want to receive from this nation's monetary and non-monetary wealth. They are fearless, putting to shame armchair Americans or Americans in name only.

While much has been made of Obama's new New Deal, we must remember history, and understand that pre-New Deal, the populace was being readied to take on change by the events around them. Industrial workers and farmers were fighting to be organized, in order to enjoy a better life. The 1930's were a struggle for Americans to unite for change, whether in the city or on the farm.

The change Americans wanted back then came after personal struggle/sacrifice to work together. What has prepared Americans in the last 10 years to actually unite for change? I so far see a general populace in sad need of being organized to effect change.

Instead we are being broken apart, worse than the times of civil war, precisely because we talk the talk but won't walk the walk. We have been separated not only from our personal wealth but from our personal dignity, fighting brother upon brother over politically manufactured/trivial ideas. If the populace could organize to demand change, that would be good.

But the organization must come from bottom up, not top down. Not astro-turf grassroots, but true grassroots. And not from political party organizations (or their offspring) only, for that would only be met to control. We must not fear organizing, whether it be for better jobs, better health care, healthy environment, or whatever else better. Never fight for status quo, never personally struggle/sacrifice unless you want something better.

I would not want to live in a country where only one man could bring about change, for that would be a dictatorship.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Excellent, yourself. Star for you.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

You need to wake up to reality, you are in a fog.....or is that mind
control, whatever it is Things are bad, really, really, bad. Do some
research into what is really gong on in the world!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth/seeker

You need to wake up to reality, you are in a fog.....or is that mind
control, whatever it is Things are bad, really, really, bad. Do some
research into what is really gong on in the world!!

I'm actually quite well read, on all sides of the political spectrum, my friend. What I am not is a fanatic or radical, or someone that reacts on emotion. 100+ days of an administration is hardly a time to denounce the consequences of the same. I gave George Bush the same courtesy, and should the Obama administration take us down the same corrupt paths with the same or worse disastrous results, then I will be the first to denounce it as well.

What I am, Seeker, is outside of the conspiracy fog that allows people of your mentality to denounce an administration that has yet been in office long enough to affect any meaningful change good or bad. Wouldn't you say those that don't give this courtesy but rather jump on political bandwagons are in this "fog" you speak of?

Or how about those that blindly extol the virtues of Capitalism, a system made by man and, therefore, flawed, and ridicule those that choose to improve it. Wouldn't you say that these types of fanatical thinking people are in a "fog?"

You can exclaim how bad things are, sure. It's your right. But the one's in a fog are those that have given up; either through their actions or, as evidenced in your posts, through the words one speaks.

How disappointing it is when the people that call for unity, for working together, for positive change, are the ones that are accused, FROM the fog, of actually being IN the fog. It's kinda like the sinking man in the water shouting at the guy onshore "Your Drowning!!!"

Blue skies where I'm standing, and the clear-minded critical thinking, non-conspiratorial, people will change this country for the better on your behalf.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join