It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro: Bush couldn't debate a Cuban ninth-grader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
castro's taking shots at him now.

Shortly after US president George W. Bush praised a plan to realize a "transition to democracy" in Cuba, Fidel Castro challenged Washington to be "clear" about such plans, and criticized American capitalism.

"The US economy hangs by a thread", told the 77-year old revolutionary leader, in a 4 + hours speech addressed to economists from all around the world, in Havana.
In his speech, Castro also wondered whether those plans involve a plot to kill him. Since he took power in Cuba in 1959, the CIA has plotted to assassinate him 600 times, all unsuccessful, of course.
However, Castro's attacks to the US Bush-led
administration did not end there. After laundering
"keen observations" made by the US economist, Daniel
L. McFadden, the Cuban leader said that the United
States, with a fiscal deficit of more than $520 billion,
was handling its economy as a "banana republic".

english.pravda.ru...

[Edited on 4-30-2004 by echelon]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Even Castro is smarter than currently about 48% of the americans

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Now there's an un-biased source! Castro, who debates while pointing a .45 at his opponent.

I wonder why I would consider the word of a person who does not allow people to leave his island-prison?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
Even Castro is smarter than currently about 48% of the americans

yeah... i doubt 48% of amerikans have phd's.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Now there's an un-biased source! Castro, who debates while pointing a .45 at his opponent.

I would love to see bush in a debate .45 or no .45. I think bush would need to debate from a tank. One, it would muffle his special language. Two, it would make it more fair.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
can't say i know the man's educational pedigree but i have heard numerous speeches by him and seen plenty of footage about him including a recent special on one of the 700 hbo channels that had him holding a hearing re: those hijackers. this is a not a stupid man, like him or not the guy sure seems to be a genius

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I would love to see bush in a debate .45 or no .45. I think bush would need to debate from a tank. One, it would muffle his special language. Two, it would make it more fair.

I would hope so! If he's got the bigger, badder horses, then Ride 'em Cowboy!

At least GWB doesn't stop US citzens from leaving the country, if they want. He's got the bigger problem of having too many people wanting to come into his country.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'd just like to make a point about the source:

english.pravda.ru...

Pravda has been shown through many threads (just do a search for "pravda" and "source" in threads only to read some of the debunking that's gone on here. You'll get about 100 threads, I'll bet!) to be a tabloid publication, just like the National Enquirer, The Sun, and The Weekly World News. As with those other three publications, there is often truth mingled with the lies, so there may be something to this, but I'd like to see another source.

As for the debates that will be taking place between Bush and Kerry, I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I remember in 1992 when the biggest laugh in the papers was the upcoming debate between Al Gore and Dan Quayle. Back then I didn't really care about politics, but I watched that debate looking forward to the comedy. Boy was I, and I'm sure many Americans, shocked when Dan gored (sorry, had to
) a new hole into Al.

Of course, all of the zingers Dan Quayle threw at Al Gore in his decimation of Al Gore's arguements turned out to be false...
But boy was the media shocked for the few hours while Dan Quayle's statements were being checked out.

So we'll see. Again, I'm looking forward to the debates, I'm not really sure what to expect.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I would hope so! If he's got the bigger, badder horses, then Ride 'em Cowboy!

At least GWB doesn't stop US citzens from leaving the country, if they want. He's got the bigger problem of having too many people wanting to come into his country.

No he just stops them from going to Cuba. Also we would probably understand a 9th grade Cuban, speaking Spanish, as much as we do Dubya speaking English. Yes, I saw his last conference.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm sure dubya could beat at least someone in a debate... a camel maybe?
to debate you need to be able to answer unscripted questions and rebut unscripted arguments... seeing as bush has shown that he cant answer unscripted question i doubt his debating skills will be too great

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
to debate you need to be able to answer unscripted questions and rebut unscripted arguments... seeing as bush has shown that he cant answer unscripted question i doubt his debating skills will be too great

He's #ty at scripted questions though, is that not a small victory?

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

As I said before, I'm looking forward to it. I know intrepid knows where I stand politically, and I suspect you do, too, X. This is going to be fun!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
In order to be good at debating you must posess the very important skill of speaking in English.

Mr Bush falls far short of an average command of it. Some examples of his lack thereof:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." �LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000

Huh? got it a bit backwards there Georgie. is/are

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." �Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

Its getting it to stay there, that's the hard part.

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe � I believe what I believe is right." �Rome, July 22, 2001

So what is it you believe again??

"There's an old saying in Tennessee � I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee � that says, fool me once, shame on � shame on you. Fool me uh, duh, uh ... � you can't get fooled again." �Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

Was he trying to tell us something here?

"They misunderestimated me." �Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

There you go again, inventing words again, kinda like proof for wars?

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" �Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

Come on George a third grader knows is for singular, are is for plural.

If he can't speak properly, why do you assume the rest of his skills are any better?

If you met someone at a party who spoke like this you would find someone else to talk to. "What a maroon" might be traveling through your mind as you walk away.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Thanatos]

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by Thanatos]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I have satelite TV here in Australia and Get CNN news, Fox NEWS, BBC News and Sky News 24/7 and also segments of cbs and abc news.... if anyone can let me know if these news stations will be airing the debates coz i really want to see them. It'll give me something funnier to watch than the comedy channel

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You can't put a persons politics into the equation.
Pravda has been a stellar source of information on several topics; given the fact that news rooms are regularly shut down there via gun barrel petitions, I'd listen to their scathing Putin remarks.
As for Bush - he's our National Embarrasment. The debates will be highly confined, questions known before hand and the complicit media will make sure to appoint sympathetic moderators. In other words, 2000 all over again.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thanatos
SNIP

Whether or not he will admit it, It's almost painfully obvious that Bush is dyslexic. Remember, many Americans did not know FDR was in a wheelchair, and the government did everything it could to keep that fact a secret.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Pravda has been shown through many threads (just do a search for "pravda" and "source" in threads only to read some of the debunking that's gone on here. You'll get about 100 threads, I'll bet!) to be a tabloid publication, just like the National Enquirer, The Sun, and The Weekly World News. As with those other three publications, there is often truth mingled with the lies, so there may be something to this, but I'd like to see another source.

Here's a CBS article. Is that helpful?

www.cbsnews.com...

In a 4 1/2-hour speech to economists, Castro also took shots at President Bush, saying he "couldn't debate a Cuban 9th-grader." He recited for a half-hour from a published compilation of Bush malapropisms, bent over with laughter as the audience roared.

Many have said that Pravda is not a reliable source, but this can be said of all media outlets. I think some use the 'Pravda is not reliable' bit when their message doesn't fit certain views.

[Edited on 4/30/2004 by Bangin]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Bush doesn't debate anything.
He simply says "this is the way it is, this is what happened, this is what we're going to do about it."
He never justifies his actions, let alone explain the reasons behind such things as 911 and the Second invasion of Iraq.
Debating is something that HE NEVER HAS TO DO...

new topics

top topics

join