It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rejects US call over settlement work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Israel rejects US call over settlement work

news.bbc.co.uk

Israel will continue to allow some construction in West Bank settlements despite US calls for a freeze on its work, a government spokesman says.

Mark Regev said the fate of the settlements should be decided in peace negotiations with the Palestinians.

His remarks appear to be a rebuff to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who said all such activity should cease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well well...aint that a surprise
Seems Israel will continue to build their illegal settlements no matter what the country that practically pays for Israels military among other things says.One fifth of all aid sent out each year from America goes straight into the pocket of this state and this is the response you get from Israel.Its been a long time coming that the parasite to America known as Israel should be cut off,but as we know Israel has washington by the balls,lobbies are extremely powerful as we all know...what will be america's next move? probably nothing...this whole thing will be swept under the rug.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
.. And then Israel says.. "Gee why do those Palestinians hate us so much.. why do they fire rockets into our peaceful cities completely unprovoked"?

One could almost draw the assumption that Israel appears to care not for America's (or the wests) opinion.. only their money and military might!

Am I being too cynical?

IRM

[edit on 28/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Exactly.Im sure some excuses will be made regarding this though by some members.I wonder given some of the news and rhetoric coming from Washington in recent weeks if Hillary will respond to this statement from Israel..it's probably all a dog and pony show with no real substance behind the words imo,but we can hope!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by Solomons]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was reading about this a bit ago, on a different site

link

Same story really but WOW

Israel is committed to stop all settlement construction under the 2003 US road map to peace.

And how many settlements were made since then?

"Israel ... will abide by its commitments not to build new settlements and to dismantle unauthorised outposts," he said. "As to existing settlements, their fate will be determined in final status negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians. In the interim period, normal life must be allowed to continue in these communities."

Israel defines normal life as the construction of homes to accommodate the children of Jewish settlers when they grow up and marry. Critics say that almost nowhere else in the world is it considered a right to build a house next to your parents house.

So basically we have
" You need to take this down, you shouldn't be here"
"Well we won't build new settlements just EXPAND or existing ones . . . for the kids"

Netanyahu has offered to remove 26 of more than 120 outpost settlements but both the US and Palestinians remain sceptical about Israeli commitments as similar promises have been made over recent years and repeatedly broken.

When will the world open it's eyes.

The former prime minister, Ariel Sharon, promised President George Bush to his face that the outposts would come down but instead the Israeli government continued to allow new ones to be constructed, often with the assistance of the military and other state authorities.

"My god they are shooting rockets at us help us ... even though we aren't supposed to be here building on their land"

Now come in the " well they hurt/killed innocent lives with those rockets or bombs or rocks "

Well, maybe you would do the same thing if someone came on to your land to build for themselves. You would try to push them off as well.

I bet some of the "innocent" people that got hurt in the settlements from attacks KNEW that they were not supposed to be there but went anyway for free land.

You can't claim you didn't know if 120 outpost settlements were made AFTER
they were told not to.

edit:trying to fix link

[edit on 5/28/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't understand all the fuss. It's Israeli land. Picked up in 1967. Title free and clear, nothing owed, all paid up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I don't understand all the fuss. It's Israeli land. Picked up in 1967. Title free and clear, nothing owed, all paid up.

Dooper... c'mon man! You don't expect anyone to believe that tripe? I'm not even convinced that you truly believe it yourself!

Israels land has grown more than ten fold since the original settlement and agreement on land title. Israel has confirmed itself that land grabs are always a part of war and skirmishes in an effort to legitimize their illegal practices.

All Paid Up? Say What? Did someone take that cash on behalf of the Palestinians and keep it for themselves? LOL!

Dude!... You seriously need to stop exercising ignorance so liberally!

IRM

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The real irony here is that those rockets fired by Palestinians are falling on land that they have been forcibly removed from. Land that had entire villages wiped off the map, to use a rather often used phrase these days, and replaced by Israeli Jewish-only settlements. Land and farms that Palestinians have the deeds for, proving ownership, is taken anyway with no chance of any grievance being heard by a court or law. Homes razed to the ground because they were erected without a building permit, even if they were there before the state of Israel existed. No chance of a building permit being issued, those are reserved for Jewish-only applications.

Wouldn't anyone be bitter at being moved at gunpoint off their land, with maybe a few beatings or shootings to drive the reality home and as a warning to others not to resist? Homes bulldozed, farms destroyed and crops ripped up or torched to starve the remaining population. I ask you, all those gung-ho armchair warriors who side with Israeli action every time, what would you do if that was happening to your family?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I ask you, all those gung-ho armchair warriors who side with Israeli action every time, what would you do if that was happening to your family?

This question has been asked many a time of the 'gung-ho armchair warriors' and historically, they don't answer it. Instead you will get:

1. Ad Hominem Attacks (Jew Hater/Anti Semite/Nazi!)
  2. Denial & Deflection Tactics
  3. Reverse Hate Speech On Palestinians (Muslims)
  4. Propaganda Quantified By More Propaganda
  5. Non Sequitur Logic
  6. Meet My Ignore Button
  7. All Of The Above

The sad thing is that many members are only searching for the truth and don't have a 'dog in this fight' but are quickly marginalized for having an inquiring mind.

IMHO, Every nation should be brought into question for their actions. No one nation or person is exempt from question or criticism. It's a fair and even handed approach. To suggest that any one nation is above or beyond such reasoning only brings more questions into the inquiring mind... does it not?

IRM

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Always remember the news we get is just smoke and mirrors.

They are always doing something, and saying another on the news. Obama is the perfect liar, even more so than clinton was.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I agree,but why now? there has been public outrage at israel for a long time now,especially here in the UK.I think America still has a large group of Christian zionist supporters because of all the end times nonsense.Yet the governments have always ignored the outrage.Just like America and AIPAC the uk has the jewish lobby *Friends Of Israel* www.lfi.org.uk... www.cfoi.co.uk... so the two main parties are under the thumb of them which is probably why we dont hear much from the uk government.Anyway there must be a reason for Hillary and Obama to bring this up now...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if this construction work is via american taxpayer dollars.

I mean really, would you be surprised?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Damn right I believe it.

The land I live on was "owned" by the Choctaw Indians.

Then, the Spanish "owned" the land as they took it. No problem, just the way it works.

Then the British owned this land, as they took it from the Spanish. It's the way it works. You lose land in war, you lose the land.

Then, the Spanish took it back and owned this land I live on, and that's because of the way it works. You take something in a period of warfare, and it's yours.

Then, the fledgling US owned this land, due to the Louisiana Purchase. The US bought it.

Then the Confederacy owned this land after breaking away from the US.

My family members have been kicked out of two other countries, both Scotland and Ireland, and so what???

Then the US owned this particular spot of land again, taken in war.

Now how in hell does it work like this all over the world, for everyone else, EXCEPT IN ISRAEL, and the Israelis?

Why should they get the short end of the stick? You fight, you win, and it's yours!

Why don't you tell Russia to give back the portion of Finland they currently occupy?

Why?

Because there's no Jews involved?

Every other nation you can find on a map has its borders determined by war sometime in the past.

The West Bank was part of Jordan, if memory serves me right, and Jordan lost that land after joining a coalition of Jordan, Egypt, and Syria, whose stated goal was the destruction of Israel, and to soak the ground with their blood.

It didn't turn out like they anticipated.

Israel won.

Land and all.

So if these former Jordanians want to remain Jordanian, they should take their asses across the river.

Life isn't fair.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper, I see your point
but you speak like you live during the times of alexander the great
it's 2009 now you know

so no it's not the way it works anymore
Society has evolved and we are not the same as the times you speak of thank god

secondly, whatever you may believe, it's still illegal even under israeli law

I understand that your position is to defend america and israel to no end
but that's not reality, sometimes they are wrong

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Funny how folks select who they decide to criticize and who they give a free pass to.

Let's see. No one seems to recall the sights of Russian tanks rolling through Chechnya in 1994 and 1999, Vilnius in 1991, Afghanistan in 1979, Prague in 1968, Hungary in 1956, and Poland in 1939-1940.

And this is all since Alexander.

No one seems to recall the Southern Kurile Islands of Japan which are still occupied by the Russians.

No one seems to recall or raise hell about, or question the territorial ownership of the 16,000 square miles of territory Russia forced Finland to concede.

Gee, we're pretty selective in who we criticize, aren't we?

This is now. This isn't two and a half millennia ago.

So apparently, the same rules still apply.

Except for Jews. Israelis.

Wonder why?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper... thanks for proving my previous post correct. Again you imply anti-semitism and jew hating. That's a real one dimensional argument you got going on there brother. It's like a stuck record. Complete false logic!

Because people were barbarians in history doesn't give them a free pass to be so in todays day and age. I feel you have a need to simply explain things away without even giving a moments consideration to the way things are supposed to be done in todays day and age... and you know what... when America went into Iraq I didn't like that either. Get over this anti-semitism thing. It's tragic!

IRM

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
US pays donation to Israel. Donations and stealing technology from US and G.B is how Israel have survived till date.
I think till now due to the lousy US Presidents who used to go with anything what Israeli's told them (due to the heavy bribing in senate and their powerfull council not to mention the heavy tripwiring in most of US govt. establishments) blindly the Israeli govt. have started taken them for granted.

For first time a logical US President has tried to take appropriate steps (publicly) and change the wrongdoings and Israeli's govt. riding on their high power air have rebutted the President. It should be a wakeup call for US. and all donations should be stopped to them. Next time when Israel is whipped and it comes running like a cry baby to US and EU the same should be done with Israel.

new topics

top topics

join