It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird AM radio adds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Alright, I'll post this here and see if anyone else has heard anything like this on AM radio lately.

I am known to listen to AM talk radio fairly regularly. I don't particularly care for classical music and NPR digresses into artsy-fartsy tripe to often in between its mutually masterbatory liberal diatribes. So, when I'm not in the mood for music on my commute to work or while out and about for lunch I'm known to flip it over to the local (west GA/East AL) talk station. Depending on my shift, I catch parts of either Beck in the AM, Rush around noon, Hannity in the late afternoon, and Hugh Hewitt in the evening. ( I have to say, I don't consider myself Republican or really that Conservative I just like hearing opinions even those I don't agree with).

Typically most of the advertising on the station is:

A) Back to back to back PSAs (public service advertising) that whoever must own this station( I think it is clear channel)evidently puts all their companies PSAs on this radio station. Everything from Selective service, forest fire awareness, stroke awareness,etc.....

B) Companies that seem to be advertising directly with the host

C) Smaller budget local advertising.

The gold advertisements have been pretty regular since the beginning of this economic mess so I'm only going to mention them briefly. We've heard these for years late at night on TV and on AM radio regardless of how gold is doing market wise.

Two commercials that peaked my curiosity recently are these.

1)Survival Seed Bank has been advertising recently about a survival garden. Here is the link to their site. Survival Seed Bank Thier commercial specifically mentions that the seeds are non-hybrid and "could be more valuable than gold or silver in a real crisis".

2) The second commercial I heard for the first time today, was an advertisement for "most important book you've never heard of". that book is "The Creature from Jekyl Island".

I could easily see C2C having these adds running in the wee hours of the morning, but I find it odd that two subjects near and dear to our Conspiracy minded ATS member hearts are finding their way to the public airwaves in the middle of the day on a station whose main draws, though currently on the other side of power, are still the mouthpieces of one side of the PTB.

Is anyone else hearing advertising that would a year ago only been found on ATS, C2C or other alternative media?

The contrarian in me is thinking well if they are trying to sell this to the masses then things might not be as bad as I think they are, but I'll need much more evidence than some commercials to act on that thought.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by jefwane]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You know what makes me rage more than the ads? The damn build up to whatever show is on....

"and now.... YOUR LISTENING TO..... Radio City... RADIO CITY RADIO CCIIIIIITTTYYYY.... we're we play the best music ever.... EVERRRRR... RADIO CITY.... IN THE MORNING.... RADIO CIIIIIITTTTTYYYYYYYYYY"
Add a million SFX & Annoying voice changes....

OP I know what ones your talking about, Infowars always has these playing. I dunno if people actually buy stuff from them though. Bare in mind, the way Jones scares people they most probably need new stock everyday

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, interesting commercials. I like to listen to AM talk radio for the entertainment value of it all. I especially like Rush when he plays those songs by Shanklin, or however his name is spelled. It really is funny.I also temper things by entertaining myself with NPR. I'm sick I guess, but I find it all funny. Commercials here in Central Kentucky on AM are basically ads for buying used cars, hiring a lawyer, other shows, BOB ALLEN"s USED CARS! lol. Nothing out of the norm for local radio. But, really, I pretty much turn my ears off when the commercials come on. Maybe I will keep my ears on the next few days to listen to the ads.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It is simple. Whoever pays for a spot gets it. Advertising budgets have been slashed as well as everything else.

There was a thread here in the past couple of days stating that "Survival Stuff" is now in the main stream.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I heard an ad for Alex Jones' "The Obama Deception" today 3 times in a row and in every commercial break thereafter on Michael Savages show. It airs 5-8 cst here. pretty damn primetime IMHO

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've also heard the survival seed and AJ ads on the Rush L show recently, very weird if you ask me. He commands top dollar for ad time.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I've noticed the AJ style ads on our local AM talk radio too... Not just during the wee C2C hours... Day and primetime also. I'm on EST, so Hannity is on in the early evening until 9pm, then Savage.

I've heard the Obama Deception ads for about a week on "MSM". I heard the "Gold" ads for a while also... The heirloom seed thing is kind of new on local radio. I don't know what to make of it either.

Even if I were in the market for these types of items, I doubt I would utilize one of these outlets to procure them. With the new "WH Internet security czar", and the office with the position... I'm not sure I will order anything via internet again.

new topics

top topics

join