It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Man Dies from H1N1 Virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This is too close to home!!

A 44-year-old St. Louis County man died Tuesday from medical complications after coming down with a severe case of the flu caused by the 2009 H1N1 virus, or what is commonly known as the swine flu. According to a statement issued by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, the unidentified man is the first Missouri resident and the eighth person in the nation to die after becoming ill with the swine-flu virus. An autopsy is scheduled to determine a definitive cause of death.

They say there are over 20 people in Missouri with the swine flu. And here I thought it was all hype. Now im worried. This is only half hour away from me.

The H1N1 virus, which has sickened more than 5,000 people nationwide, has been confirmed in 20 patients in Missouri. In each of the other Missouri cases, the flu symptoms have been relatively mild, according to the MDHSS. Reportedly, the St. Louis County man traveled last month to Mexico, where the virus emerged. Health authorities said he returned on April 27 and became ill a week later. The man went to an urgent treatment center on May 9 and was admitted to a hospital the same day.

link

I've been taking silver colloid and bought some masks, but not even sure if any of this will help. I know I have the worst sinus crud Ive ever had, I dont think it has anything to do with the flu, but who knows.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Swine Flu is like any other “hype” the media wants you to make headlines with. What they don't tell you is that 36,000 people every year die from the 'normal flu” and that is in the US. It is a spin on the news the way to keep their “BS” ratings up for anyone silly enough to watch.

Tru

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
They say there are over 20 people in Missouri with the swine flu. And here I thought it was all hype.

I'm sure that there are MANY MANY more than just 20 people in Missouri with it. The Powers That Be have stopped testing except in severe cases.

Honestly, I don't see any 'hype'. I don't even see accurate or indepth reporting. The MSM obviously has a news cap put on it. No one is investigating any of this ....

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truskeptic
What they don't tell you is that 36,000 people every year die from the 'normal flu” and that is in the US.

Actually, that's ALL the say ... over and over and over and over .... :shk:

But what they don't say is that this is NOT like the normal flu. There are no vaccinations. There is no immunity in the general public at all. (where eas with the regular seasonal flu there is) It is a human/avian/swine hybrid and has many of the same characteristics of the 1918 flu that killed 40-100 million people in the world.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truskeptic

The problem with saying 36,000 people die of normal flu is it dose not tell you how many people catch the normal flu each year.

If lets say for every 10,000 people who catch the flu one dies then we can at least work out the percentage of people who die.

The only way to work out wether this flu is worse than the normal flu and not just because of its mutation would be to know the following.

1. how many people have been infected.(both types of flu)
2. whats the mortality rate for both flu's
3. what the know infection rate is.

without at least some imperical data its very hard to work out the bs from the facts.

If anyone knows where to get this information, perhaps they could show some links to it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hagalaz

The term I used was this ”how many people die of the flu each year in the usa” on Google. This is just one of the many links that was shown:

organizedwisdom.com...

You will have to do your own survey, I was pointing out that not everything that you hear of whats is going on is something to worry about. Question the information that is on the news and not take everything as the truth! That is where the problem is as of now, we believe the scrap that we are being fed.

Tru

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The number "36,000" means nothing. Influenza has not been a reportable disease since 1918, and that number is an estimate of suspected flu cases and complications based on statistical analysis from te beginning of the last century--it is based on 1918 analysis- there has been no change in mathematical modelling of flu.

Most virologists estimate that closer to 1000-5000 per year die of flu complications (see John M. Barry's "The Great Influenza").

So there is no hype here.

As well, the CDC itself has reported multiple times that over 100K Americans ALONE are believed to have been exposed or made ill by H1N1 since April. Extrapolate that out and we're already at Level 6 and beyond, and we had better pray it doesn't mutate too much in the S. Hemisphere this winter, or there's going to be a burn this autumn.

Cases are rising exponentially, and without reporting by clinicians to CDC, WHO, Flunet, etc., I think we can assume that- as influenza is especially trophic and deadly in people with prior health issues (most of the world)- people are dying already in far greater numbers than are reported. CDC says around 100. WHO says 90-something as of yesterday- and yet 100,000 AMERICANS ALONE are infected or exposed? I just wonder how many deaths are being reported as pulmonary, hepatic, cardiac failure- that are due to H1N1 or the other strains that accompany it.

top topics

join