It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we need disclosure now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
All of you've probably heard of the North Korea situation and most can agree it may very well set off WW3.
NK doesn't seem to be open to any peace talks, UN sanctions are ineffective and they are basically saying they want War. There's no way out of the situation without dangerous risk for U.S. and allies. We will end up blowing our planet up (nuclear bombs).

Now, what we need is alien intervention. I'm sure if they gave the World Powers a good talking to, like how their own planets are governed, it'll make these power hungry bastards realize they've been doing it all wrong.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by bl4ke360]

[edit on 5/27/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I agree that this is a very volatile situation that NK is creating. I believe it is far worse than what somemedia groups claim.

I have read in some places that the NK government is only showcasing their weapons ability for the people of their country. To prove that the failing health of their leader does not mean the failing importance of their global position as a country that is still very important in the overall picture.

They claim that the short range weapons can not do any real harm and that a weaponized plutonium warhead on a missile capable of global travel is still several years away.

There intent is not good and too many times it seems the U.N. isn't shown to be effective.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

This is, exactly, what we do NOT need.

Whether you believe we are being visited by ETs or not... how can we POSSIBLY expect to handle the vastness of space if we expect someone else to come along and take care of our problems?

Seriously - "North Korea tested a nuke - the world is going to end, save us, Aliens!"

The buck starts and ends with us. I think it's been made pretty clear that, assuming ETs are visiting us - they aren't going to let us pass the buck to them. We are the captains of our own ship - and we're responsible for her crew. If we can't resolve the problems amongst our messes, then we have no business being part of the fleet (and no crew likes it when the fleet comes in to fix the problems).

All of this alien worship is disheartening.

As for North Korea.

I still laugh at them. They have little offensive capability. Japan, Taiwan, and possibly some portion of Australia might be at risk - but we have the ability to shoot down any missile North Korea is stupid enough to launch.

They have always wanted war with the U.S. - it's how Kim Jong Il has brainwashed his people - we are the American Imperialists that are jealous of the paradise Leader Kim Jong Il has created for His People, and are denying their family to the south (South Korea).

Koreans are rather unwilling to enter into a civil war, as their family ties are rooted very deep. You're looking at a country that is living with a visible personification of the emotional scar inflicted by the difference of Soviet and Western influence following World War II - the DMZ.

The North and South both view each other has horribly twisted and corrupted by malevolent forces - they are willing to fight to re-unify Korea - but realize that war for that purpose would only lead to more pain and suffering. It's a very interesting mix of what makes us human.

However, if we were to take military action against North Korea - they would invade South Korea with the motive of liberating their family from the evil imperialists.

They've always wanted a war to finish the war that started some fifty-sixty years ago. They've just been unwilling to kill their cousins to start it back up.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes that's also a possibility, I saw a documentary video today about an American who went into NK with a videocamera alongside an eye surgeon giving out surgeries to the blind, and I was pretty surprised to find out that all of the citizens of NK hate America as well. They've been brainwashed by their government. This adds to the complexity of the situation and I've heard people talking about an assassination of Kim Jong Ill and his family, but from what I saw in that documentary, every citizen is completely loyal and would stop at nothing to defeat America.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I know one thing for sure... There is a race of ET's that is watching our every move. If two super powers would start a major war (like for exemple Russia vs US), then they would show up and stop the nonsense. They will not allow the destruction of this planet, it's way too important in the great plan of creation.
I wonder if there was any UFO sightings in NK recently....

[edit on 27-5-2009 by lagenese]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There was a great show I saw last year I think. It was about a group of american musicians who put on a concert in North Korea and at that time on that show, despite the brainwashings and anti american sentiment the music transended all of this and you could actually see that there was hope. They were just people like us. Did you know that at one point Bay Watch was the most watched show in Iran. It is one of the most moderate countries when you look at the people.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

We've needed disclosure a looooong time ago, let's say centuries ago.
This NK situation just deepens my already firm sentiment that humanity cannot live in peace and will NEVER. There're will always be a fraction to screw thing up for the rest.
A nuclear world war will be our deadbed for sure and whatever advanced extraterrestrial beings there might be out there, they might've already anticipated this scenario. Maybe thats the way humans will go.

Well, so be it.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Dear Lord.....

North Korea has something in the neighborhood of six tactical-yield nuclear warheads. They just blew up one.

The farthest they can sling a nuclear payload is somewhere in the Aleutian Islands (near Alaska - the western-most tip). Furthermore - we can shoot them down rather easily.

Now, my experience and prowess in math aside - I think the math is rather simple. That gives North Korea about five tactical-yield nuclear weapons that they can use to strike parts of Russia and Japan - probably parts of Australia.

In all likelihood - half of their delivery systems would fail within the first two phases - additionally - Western military influences (particularly Navy) in and around Japan are quite strong, and many of those systems have been upgraded specifically to counter ballistic missile threats.

A nuclear exchange with North Korea is a mathematical impossibility. It's like proposing a bar-brawl between a five-year-old and a bouncer. Theoretically - the bouncer could destroy the five-year-old; realistically, that won't happen, and the five year old will just pitch a fit when they get their hands tied behind their back.

This planet is looking more and more like one giant, orbital high-school.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

right mate.. then the powers that be, become posers that be and they loose out on their fat wallet weight. They will lose everything they think is equal to power.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

Ha, I like your enthusiasm but it's a bit arrogant to think we have the power to destroy the planet, ourselves maybe, but not the planet. We might be able to lower it back to microbes at best, not to mention how many sea creatures survive, a couple hundred million years from now the planet will be just as rich with life, and the aliens can harvest all the minerals and such they want in the meanwhile, since no one will notice. The planet isn't going to die because we drop some nukes, I find it unlikely the human race is going to die because we drop some nukes.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Rule #1 of war: Never underestimate your enemy. Kim Jong Il might be a bit nuts, but he's not stupid. If he is doing all of this, there's an agenda behind it, and if he doesn't surrender or get what he wants soon, that only means war, and he wouldn't go to war without something big up his sleeve. I doubt he's naive enough to think that a few nukes is going to be enough... however his people may be brainwashed, but again, they aren't STUPID. If they can develop a nuke, they can develop bio-weapons, and that can be much more effective than nukes...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

Oh, he's nothing to underestimate. He's got a 2-million+ strong army ready to invade South Korea.

It's an elegant plan in its simplicity. Korea is small enough, and the terrain difficult enough that the most effective invasion strategy would be to simply storm the DMZ. They've got some tunnels dug to get under that 3-million landmine restraining order they have against them.

I wouldn't want to be a soldier holding the lines in South Korea.

That said - their biggest threat comes from a few scenarios:

First - a nuclear weapon delivered to the port of Pusan and used to deny the west their primary landing strategy to defend South Korea from invasion. Likely delivery methods would include a submarine or missile.

Second - A nuclear weapon delivered to a city in Japan. The Koreans have some bad history with the Japanese.

Third - A nuclear weapon delivered to South Korea. Completely improbable, as North Korea doesn't want to destroy South Korea so much as they want to liberate their country from the 'evils of imperialist America.'

Fourth - A nuclear weapon sold to a terrorist organization. Also highly improbable as it would be akin to castration.

They are not a threat with regards to nuclear war. His nuclear arsenal could not even destroy his own country, much less make a mark on the world. His weapons are also somewhat on the 'clean' side of nuclear weapons - relatively little fallout compared to our first and second generation warheads.

Korea gets subjected to more radioactive fallout from China's smog (in the form of this 'beautiful' yellow fog) than it would from Kimmy unleashing his nuclear arsenal. Yes - there are radioactive isotopes released from the burning of coal.

And the entire conventional arsenal of a developed nation, such as the U.S. or Russia - would displace more land-mass and release more energy than all of Kimmy's arsenal.

There is a difference between the prospect of war with Korea - and the concept in this thread - which is that Korea will instigate a world-destroying nuclear exchange.

If we were going to blow ourselves up with nuclear weapons - we would have done it long ago, when the stakes were much greater than a little nuisance of a dictator with a few tactical nukes under his thumb.

And it astounds me, even more, that we would be looking to aliens to solve our problems. Assuming they are benevolent and wish to help us - they may save us from our own stupidity.... but what kind of help would they be if they were always showing up to fix our problems? What would we learn?

I think that if we are being observed by an interstellar community - joining it would require that we are capable of carrying our own baggage.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This thread can be used to illustrate the apparent human need to believe in something larger than themselves when confronted with difficulty.

There are no atheists in foxholes, so to speak.

It is also this very attitude of wishing for help from above every time things get hairy that has the world in this situation I think. That is how governments can eventually legislate a cradle-to-grave welfare state.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Agreed.

Which is, beyond my own experiences, why I choose to believe in 'a' (The) God that extends through the entirety of life and physics. - A comprehensive force that embodies existence.

When God is a force that works through you and the universe (and other people) around you .... it's a much more functional and elegant way of life.

Which is why I see the alien-worship demonstrated by this thread as degenerative and a step backwards from what we are 'supposed' to become socially, technologically, and spiritually.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
NK doesn't seem to be open to any peace talks, UN sanctions are ineffective and they are basically saying they want war. There's no way out of the situation without dangerous risk for U.S. and allies. We will end up blowing our planet up (nuclear bombs).

Now, what we need is alien intervention. I'm sure if they gave the World Powers a good talking to, like how their own planets are governed, it'll make these power hungry bastards realize they've been doing it all wrong.

This is ridiculous. It was be laughable if it wasn't sad. It is yet another reason this field is not taken seriously.

First, your title assumes that the only thing stopping aliens from intervening is government cover-up. If there are aliens coming here they are just as guilty, perhaps more so, for the cover-up. They seem to not want any part of revealing themselves to us.

Second, it assumes the aliens even care. They did not see fit to intervene the last time Korea went to war, 2,600,000 died and both sides were supported by antagonist powers with atomic weapons. Why would they interfere now? Why didn't they interfere in World War Two when tens of millions died?

Third, you assume North Korea would care. The world is aligned against them, even the main ally China is condemning them. If an entire world is aligned against them, and they don't care, why would they care if there is one more?

Fourth, you assume the aliens have some better way of governing. You have no basis for this. You have no idea what form of government any alien race would have or that it is any better than anything we have one our planet.

[edit on 28-5-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I *could* see disclosure being used eventually not as means of putting us in our place, but as a unifying force. Scary thing is the more I read NWO literature the more it can make you question if the unification would be used solely for the evil agenda purposes posed by these tyrants in the shadows.

Sure the aliens may be smarter than us, but their are some cut-throat humans on this planet who will fight til they have no more breath to pursue their evil and and vile plans for what they want. Even if it means the end for the rest of humanity.

Sorry to pull a 'Betty Buzzkill' card with this reply. I would love for a day of disclosure and do agree with you that the North Korea situation is looking pretty rocky right now.

top topics

join