It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely amazing dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I had an absolutely amazing dream last night.
I swear I felt like I was there and not dreaming.
I make no claims as to my credibility, only describing a dream. Interpret as you will.
Ok here goes.
I fell asleep thinking of the myriad of things I always think about, as any other night.
The weird thing is that I felt like I fell to sleep immediately and began dreaming.
I realized this, which I believe cause me to have a semi lucid dream. I was aware that I was dreaming, but could not really do anything about it. So I decided to enjoy the ride, and what a ride it was.
I was in front of Saturn, just above it's rings. Close enough to see the debris. I was flying over the top and it was awesome. I was then flying over Jupiter, and I tell you I had a sense of the absolute enormity of the planet.
I felt like I was flying towards it for a long time and I was looking up as if on the bottom of it, and I could feel electricity, like static, coming from the planet.
As I was experiencing this, I saw a comet. Looked like ice, with quartz crystals sticking out and had a blue green glow.
Then I was inside of a planet.
It was made up o tremendous layers of ice, with empty space in between.
Colored gasses were swirling all around between these spaces. I was far enough away to see the whole picture, but close enough to see the enormity of this thing.
It was more like it was a would be planet, that looked round but was made of layers.
Kinda like an AT&T logo. But made or real ice and debris.
hothardware.com...
As I was in awe of this, a comet came crashing through in slow motion. I saw tremendous sheets of ice breaking and tilting all out of whack.
As the comet passed through it made a hole in the planet, and tailed the debris.
I was jumping off of chunks of debris that were floating towards me.
The comet was of interest, so I followed it. I decided at one point to land on it. So I did and I saw various crystals of all types on the surface, along with rocky debris. One bit caught my eye though. It was what looked like the ruins of a building. Embedded and fossilized within the rock and ice and crystals. There was odd writing all over it. One of the symbols stuck in my head.
It was kind of like a circle shape with smaller circles inside it., but had a few radiating arms extending from the center of it.
It looked kind of like the star like pattern in the bottom left of the Voyager's golden disk.
I will draw it in detail one day soon and upload it so I can post it here.
That's pretty much it.
I hope you enjoyed this flight, you may now return your tray tables and seats to their full upright positions.

Good night.

[edit on 26/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yeah planetary dreams are quite bizarre. I had my first one the other day.

I was standing, and there were two suns, but one was further away and both were more of a reddish colour then yellow.

And between the two Jupiter was three times the size of the sun when looked upon normally, but it was square with Earth in the lower left corner of it, and saturn in a form of a diamond on the top right. and then a string of neptune, mars, mercury through diaganoly from left to right-top to bottom.

All in very very clear presentation, it felt real, till I woke up and was like wtf.

This was shortly after the thread on Mars being in full view, didn't think much of it, but guess it was stuck in my mind somewhere!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm assuming my dream along with yours had no meaning at all.

But still it's the experience, it's unearthly. Its physically impossible. But interesting nonetheless.

It's really neat, If only we could have dreams like that all the time, i'd be envious of those in comas. *don't flame me it was just a simple remark, I had a brother who was in acoma for 6 months, so I do understand the seriousness of it*

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Quite an experience, glad to know you had it. It's funny how the details of a dream can be. I never would have thought of ice inside of Jupiter, static around it, comets hitting it. Amazing what the mind can come up with in a dream.

I had one once where I wanted to fly to a star and I felt like I was going fast, but the star remained a dot and I never seemed to get closer, and in reality the star really is so far away that that's what would happen. Jupiter and Saturn actually scare me, their immense size. I do visualizations from time to time to sort of try to desensitize myself to this sort of thing. It puts fear in me like watching a huge wave come at you in an IMAX theatre movie, even though I know I am totally safe.

Very good, I've always wanted to dream about Jupiter and maybe go flying through in the red spot, if I can conquer my fear of it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

but guess it was stuck in my mind somewhere!

guess..?!!

I'd say so big time...it's quite interesting how our minds process and regurgitate a days activities...

I remember as a child being chased by an Ice cream Cone in my dreams for a few years...

Prior to this, I got nailed by an Ice Cream truck trying to cross the street...

I still get the chills when I hear one coming down the street...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5330e0691897.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

How awful is that, the peaceful sound of an Ice Cream truck terrifies you, I would hate to have to live with that! I got ran into by an ambulance as a kid, just peacefulling riding my bike then bam... My parents describe it as quite an awkward situation, it being an ambulance and all.

I heard in a psychology book that dreams are your brains way of encoding the days acquired knowledge into the brains long term memory. Sometimes theres encoding failure and well much more, but in all a dream only last 15 minutes and can happen 4 times during sleep in REM sleep, yep REM is not just a band.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Awesome dream! You should have posted it on my thread too!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I would have to say that the dream did not really mean something in the literal sense, but metaphorically, I would say that I really have and adventerous spirit that needs some more exploring.

Other than that, it was a blast.
Sometimes it feels so real.
I mean, the static was crazy.

I went to bed last night thinking of that dream, hoping to have it again, to no avail unfortunately.

[edit on 27/5/2009 by reticledc]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
yeha i had a crazy dream about jupiter becoming a sun and a giant black hole appearing on the surface of the sun facing earth. was really really crazy and beautiful.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

There is something I hate about ice cream trucks too.
the droning song, playing over and over again.
Not to mention, the song is usually "the sting" theme music,
Yeah, I'll pass on an ice cream truck that plays that. Yeah!!
I can't put my finger on it, but it's kinda like clowns.

new topics

top topics

join