It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garden Humor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I believe the "people" are manequins, like you would see in a clothing store.

They have faded and are very pale looking. There is even a dog. What I found creepy was that they are a bit back off the road and I saw them out of the corner of my eye. Catching just a glimpse startled me. I swerved the car even.

The next time I went by I brought my camera. I don't know the people so I don't know their thoughts on them. The way they face the road it kinda looks like zombies walking towards you.

There is a pond or something like it near them and the flowers/weeds get very tall.

I imagine with the furniture suggestions and the manequins one could really have an interesting garden.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I came back here to post an idea for a *Seed Bed* to Hazlenut and found your message.
I guess I wont be posting that picture now...

Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me (in this case telling me) this information.
I take that for granted - if it's mine it's mine...

Too bad because I'd love to share some more pictures here.
Maybe I should put up a quick web page?

Well anyway, I guess they've got my *cavolo* pic! Eeeek!

Also, - I'd be more than happy to give you my email (in U2U) if you (or anyone else) wants to *talk* about gardening and the difference between where you garden and I do, maybe share some seeds and info, etc.

I was very tired last night and didn't address all your questions in my last post but wanted to make sure and touch basses with you today.

Thank you again...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Did you set up a web page with your pictures Silo13? I'm sure lots of people, including myself, would love to see photos of the stuff that you have taken pictures of. You really should enter your photos in contests, because that one that you showed us already is unbelievably beautiful for a veggie.

If you grew that veggie yourself, you must be a Master Gardener? What other veggies and plants do you grow? I'm really interested in seeing beautiful veggies and flowers and plants of all kinds. I normally wouldn't be, but you have a nack for bringing out the beauty from otherwise things we personally take for granted.

You should think about doing the photography stuff as a sideline, because with your talent, you could go a long ways and charge premium compared to others.

I've been pretty busy here lately, doing all kinds of crazy things all at once, it seems that since the weather is warming up here, I have a list of things to do that is farther than my eyesight can see, and it is shocking.

You also intrigue me because of your photographic know how, and I hope to pick your brain, if I may, so that I can show stuff to the world that otherwise will be lost to science if I don't show it, especially since time makes one forget what great things one has discovered.

I'll be contacting you soon because I'd like to share information about seed and even send and recieve interesting seeds across the oceans, if possible.

Another interesting thing is that you live in Italy, I think. Italy has many earthquakes, and I'd like to know how you have faired through them over the years. One of these years I plan to visit Italy, possibly move there even, if I can find an area where they predominantly speak English.

Over the years some great Italian earthquake scientists have sent me letters wanting to come over here to see and learn my knowledge about earthquakes so that they could release the information to the masses and get a Nobel Peace Prize and recognition for my work. I selfishly told them nothing doing, I wouldn't show or tell them about my work; but soon, I will start diseminating my work through YouTube and other similar video sites.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
There is a house we drive by quite often that has taken lawn decoration to a different level. I almost swerved off the road the first time I saw it... kinda creepy but interesting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c88d7a41346e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/505c18c6c7bc.jpg[/atsimg]

I used to work for a statuary business......we had a number of full sized statues made of concrete ( usually Roman/Greek mythology and religious figures along with some animals )....They poured some on-site, ordered some from other manufacturers, like Henri ( google it, they have an on-line catalog). Concrete is much cheaper than marble....still that many concrete statues would be $everal hundred$ !

We had a few well-to-do customers who shelled out some big bucks for 'fun' statues......one 'scattered' several full size, realistically painted animals around their yard to amuse family and friends.....I have some photos I'll upload.....

The ones in your photo might be concrete, but the poses don't all look like those familiar classic poses, so they might well be manikins that have been painted or faded......Do you ever notice if they fall over, or if the owner moves them to mow or dig? ( He'd need help, or a forklift to move concrete ones that size.....)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81ce30cbdadf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40c606456b10.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by frayed1]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Here's an on-line source for Italian seeds.....including some red cauliflower.
www.seedsofitaly.co.uk...

But.....I've noticed that sometimes seeds from faraway places do not do too well for me. I had some seeds that I'd ordered from Parks or Burpee that were stamped "product of Israel" ....they did not seem to perform as well as more 'aclimated' seeds, ones that were developed in my 'zone', or perhaps a similar one....?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

I will try to post bigger pictures tomorrow so you can see them better. I don't think they are concrete because they were brought in during the winter. The house isn't that big either so don't know where they would put them.

Love the animal statues they would be fun in a formal garden

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
I believe the "people" are manequins, like you would see in a clothing store.

That's what I thought too when I saw the pics. I would love to know who the people are that put them out there and why they did it. Maybe you could stop by and ask for us! It looks bizarre with motionless people lurking in the bushes...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Very cool!

...I turned an old metal head- and foot-board into trellises. ...But I DO like your flower "bed" idea. Much better, more to the point.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Perhaps someday if I see them outside.. not sure I want to knock on the door. What I might find inside

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

That's a great idea SofiCrow and I'll bet cha it looks cool too! Underneath, no one would expect to see the bed frames. It's subtle. I like it.

When people get creative it makes everyone feel good. There is no limit to our imaginations is there? ♥

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

You got that right! I'd wonder if I was walking right into a twilight zone script and just who would answer the knock...that scene is a little spooky but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That's awesome. I saw a person use an old antique pedestal sink as a bird bath. It would be cool if you could make a "garden room".. Vines as curtains... hanging old windows... stepables in a circle for a rug? It could be so cool.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
That's awesome. I saw a person use an old antique pedestal sink as a bird bath. It would be cool if you could make a "garden room".. Vines as curtains... hanging old windows... stepables in a circle for a rug? It could be so cool.

I love that! Vines as curtains. What a wonderful idea. I just tore out some ivy that was growing up the siding of the house and replanted them out of "harms way" yesterday. Hee hee. Girlfriend, you are CREATIVE! Those ideas are really, really good
It would look like a dreamscape with those elements. I'll bet the plants would love it too.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
kids would definitely love it. Old antique night stand with a bowl of sedums? And a real garden light? Chandelier? Could be very fun. Old dresser with plants coming out of the drawers? You would need a metal tray insert to avoid rot.
Place to keep your tools too.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I found this great sculpture at a garden center in town. It is almost as tall as I am (5' 3'')
Too bad it cost over $300 !!

They also had goats, pigs which were smaller than real size and a smaller version of the rooster.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a25b23b9f499.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here are the latest updated pictures of my garden. The humor now is in the crazy way the plants have grown to monstrous size so fast!

The Vines Bed: 2 Zuchinni, 2 Squash, 2 Cucumber and 1 Gigantic Butterfly Bush

An Unidentified Stranger in the Impatience Bed - Does anyone know what this one is?

The Herb Bed: Lemon Balm, Parsley, Eggplant, Thyme, Rosemary, Lemon Grass, Sage, Chives, Delphinium and Bee Balm

and finally, the Salsa Bed: Tomatoes, Four Pepper Varieties, Cilantro and Basil

So far, I've already harvested 4 monstrous zuchinni and the tomatoes are coming fast and furious.

Sorry for the extra tags, when I delete them the whole picture disappears. Maybe someone can help me fix this or show me where to look for instructions.
How are your gardens growing?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm keeping this one to remind me of the fullness of life during the dead of winter. I love this bed because of all of the wonderful, useful, medicinal, fragrant herbs that grow in it.

Next winter, when its cold and dreary, I'll look at this and remember the days of spring and summer watching and waiting for these precious herbs to sprout, grow, flower and finally reseed for their emergence again next year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join