It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind Woman attacked on bus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
What!?!?!

Seriously, how was this guy even in public, I mean i'm sure this wasn't the first sign something was wrong in the head.

Noone in their right mind yells "The sick must die!" then attacks a women!

There had to be precursors to this, thats what I want to know, how noone could've seen this coming. There are almost always signs!

I disagree. How do you know this man was not having a really bad day, and had all but snapped as he got on the bus. Perhaps the driver gave him a dirty look, he gets on the bus, sees this woman as a nice scapegoat and goes on an irrational assault to let out his anger.

I agree that he is mentally disturbed, but it's not always easy to tell when someone is gonna do something big or dangerous. Remember some people are very good at hiding their emotions, that is of course until they act out on them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorfl

But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!
Friedrich Nietzsche, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Chapter 29

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

He would of course needed severe damage to the frontal lobe which helps control actions.

I've had very bad days, extremely bad days, mixed with a race 100 miles away to see a dying father in the nick of time, whilst being fired from you job for not coming in, under no circumstances can you have a day off, and everyone in the world is cutting you off no matter how fast your going.

And I managed not to kill anyone or try attacking a blind person. This had to be far more then just a bad day.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muffingirl

What would you have her do then? Hiring someone to accompany her is not cheap and if she doesn't have any relatives to help, then how is she to get by? This is just like saying someone in a wheel chair should never leave their home for the same reasons. If someone has been blind their whole life, then their blindness is part of their life,not a disability. Plus they can actually get around pretty good. I'm hoping you aren't trying to put the blame on the woman, but don't try to down play this and give some justification for what this guy did. She was going about her day, did nothing to nobody, and just sat on the bus then this guy just attacks her for no reason. She's the victim here, not him. Plus, that could also happen to someone who isn't blind or disabled. I once got sucker punched by a complete stranger just because he didn't like the way my face looked. Of course that was a mistake on his part because I don't think he had anticpated me hitting him back, but at least I was able to do it, she couldn't.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Dark Ghost

He would of course needed severe damage to the frontal lobe which helps control actions.

I've had very bad days, extremely bad days, mixed with a race 100 miles away to see a dying father in the nick of time, whilst being fired from you job for not coming in, under no circumstances can you have a day off, and everyone in the world is cutting you off no matter how fast your going.

And I managed not to kill anyone or try attacking a blind person. This had to be far more then just a bad day.

I'm sorry those things happened to you and hope you recover from them. I'm not making excuses for this guy's actions, just trying to state that it is not always easy to see if somebody is suffering mental distress. And don't claim your own behaviour as a beacon of light. You might be very resilient and in control of your emotions and actions, but that does not mean everyone else happens to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join