It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Input from members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Given the current tech job situation, it has been difficult for me to find a job that doesn't involve driving 2 hours to work for 6 dollars an hour.
In the Apts I live in the have a "business office" that has computers scanners printers etc. They are ALWAYS having problems, and I normally fix the problems freee of charge. Well today (had to reload the printer driver ) I asked the manager, why it would not be possible for me to have 300.00 dollars taken off my rent, and I would provide them with 24 hr onsite service (I live 25 steps from the office)
IMO it's a win win situatiuon they really pay no money (just lower my rent) and I have extra money at the end of the month.
How else could I present this to her? Should I go over her head and contact the company that owns the apts?
The "tech" they use now is contracted through some other company and hasn't been onsite for 2 months (he's sick)--or so they say.

Any suggestions from you business savvy people out there would be much appreciated

Gracias
Thanks
Domo
Merci

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Firstly, if you're a techie you're worth a damn sight more than $300 a month (I assume its a month you are talking about). Especially for 24hr coverage. But you would have to play that by ear. If you think its a gooddeal then go for it.

I wouldn't trust a landlord (or landlord's manager) as far as I could throw the Statue of Libety to be honest. I remember someone putting up a thread about landlords about a month ago.

You should expect to be 'beaten down in price' if they take you up on your offer. They are, after all, a greedy bunch of bastards. (In my opinion of course - having dealt with the best and worst of them).

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Firstly, if you're a techie you're worth a damn sight more than $300 a month
[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Pisky]

Thank you kind Sir. I offered that cause I figured if I can't get a job that pays more , then at least I could barter my services.
I guess what amazed me, is that she doesn't see the deal she is getting.
I appreciate the input though.

Have a funny day

join