It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting discourse on Zionism by Gilad Atzmon - The Three-Legged Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Unlike her cosmopolitan brothers and sisters who spread Zionism and tribal racism using a liberal and progressive disguise, Melanie Philips is open about it all. The other day she defined what Zionism is in a very clear manner: “Zionism,” writes Philips, “is simply the movement for the self-determination of the Jewish people. And its significance is greater than any other movement of national liberation because Judaism itself rests upon three legs — the people, the religion and the land. If one is lopped off by having its legitimacy denied, the whole thing collapses. That is why anti-Zionism is far more than an unpleasant political position. It is a direct attack on Judaism itself.”

Philips doesn’t leave much room for speculation. For her, not only is Zionism a legitimate national movement, ‘its significance is greater than any other movement’ because it rests upon ‘three legs’. Thinking about it for a second, it is indeed significant for something to rest upon three legs, I myself rest upon just two legs and a bit. Occasionally when I stand naked in front of the mirror I wish I were Zionism.

palestinethinktank.com...

Melanie Philips is a British columnist and author that has a habit of pushing the zionist narrative in all her writings. This includes the propagation of hate speech against the Muslim religion and the diverse communities in the UK.

Frighteningly, Philips does not hesitate to illustrate her belief of the primacy of the zionist movement. She argues that her cause is more important than any struggle for self determination. She translates political zionism as an aspect of her faith. That admittance alone is a self confession of an extremist outlook.

I truly wonder what the difference is between her views and the nature of fascism. This kind of absolute and extreme view is being peddled by her in the British press as if it is a normal and acceptable position to hold on any subject. The clue of the horrendous nature of her argument is its exceptionalism and absolute expression of a position. In contrast Palestinians simply want to return to their homes and ask for freedom. The Palestinians are Christian and Muslim, secular and religious, civilians and fighters. They are just people who want to be free of Israeli occupation.

A remarkable contrast.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Palestine is the cement that holds the Arab world together, or it is the explosive that blows it apart.
—Yasir Arafat

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Palestine is the cement that holds the Arab world together, or it is the explosive that blows it apart.
—Yasir Arafat

I think Palestine is the cement that holds the world together. As long as there are people that object to the injustices they face, humanity is being saved from barbarism.

new topics

join