It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels & Demons – SPOILER DISCUSSION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
WARNING! This thread is for the discussion of a movie already seen by members. DO NOT READ FURTHER if you have not already seen this movie. WARNING!

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Dave Rabbit Review

This movie really caught me off guard. And nothing caught me more off guard than Camerlengo Patrick McKenna as portrayed by Ewan McGregor. It is not often that I get so swept up in the story line that I miss subtle hints along the way of something “rotten in Denmark”..... but this one went completely over my head. Of course, like the old Mission Impossible slight of hand story lines, once they started showing the chain of events from the flashback scenario.... I went Duh!

I really think that this one character really made the movie for me. The other characters did pretty much what I had expected and nothing caught me off guard, other than this one.

What about YOU?

Dave

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I found the movie to be pretty good. I did see the end coming though. You could see it in the reactions the clergy had with the priest.

Edit: thought I would add I thought the acting in the movie was superb! First movie was a bit stiff, but they did a great job this time.

[edit on 5/24/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's been a while since i read the book, and it was one of those read in a day ones, but i was expecting more about the iluminatus, I suppose thats really another movie in itself.....

As for the movie, I too was caught out with ewans character, but all in all it was very enjoyable, I need to get it on dvd now though to have a more indepth look at whats going on, I've a feeling theres some hidden stuff in this one.........

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The writer of Angels and Demons Dan Brown is one of my favorite writers I have read all this books and waiting for the next one.

I have not seen the movie but if the movie is as good as the book I can only imagine the success.

I will not pay to go to the theater to see it, but I will gladly wait patiently when it comes to my video store.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

I had a think about seeing it - then I said to myself do not see it, it is too predictable.

So I didn't.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

I thought the movie was a bit o a let down myself.
Was good.... but not as good as i expected.

As soon as Ewan McGregor's character came on screen.... you just KNEW he was the baddie....

But then..... a few moments made you doubt yourself....but ultimately....ya just knew.

Effects and scenery were excellent but.... there was just something about it, good have been better.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I can't put my finger on it but there was something lacking from that movie.

Oh, I know now. I could care less about any of the characters. They were just actors playing a part and didn't generate any empathy from me.

Sorry, Forest Gump playing a high falutin academic never flew. I can't help it....my mind has type cast Tom Hanks.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was Disappointed with the movie..... I was looking forward to seeing the Mach 15 jet from the book. Overall, it was completely different than the book....(Much like all movies) But I am sure if I had not read the book I would have really enjoyed the movie.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To be honest, I feel that the film was dumbed down. The central themes of the book were how much a scientific community - in this case CERN - which most of us here at ATS are more than familiar with - is infiltrated by a secret society, in this case the illuminati. Dan Brown played an excellent card by linking CERN to the initial aims of the illuminati - but the film chooses to ignore this angle to a point.

Furthermore, why did the producers find it neccessary to remove so many of the subplots such as the whole 'pope with a kid' angle. That again, made the Camerlengo character more rounded than that presented in the film. Or, for that matter - the kidnapping of Vittoria or the importance of her 'father' in the plot...

And why, oh why, did the final cardinal have to survive? I loved the bleak aspect of the book in the way that all of the preferiti died despite Langdon's valient efforts. Why try to appease the catholic church?

One or two other things bugged me. What was with the role reversal within the Swiss Guard characters? Made no sense, again.

Why make Vittoria such a weak character when she is so strong in the book? I thought representation of women on film was becoming more positive...shame on you, Ron Howard.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it could have been so, so much more...

The book is so much deeper and works on so many more levels. I urge anyone who hasn't read the book before seeing the film to do so. You will be astounded at the difference.
Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 26-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

new topics

top topics

join