It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd experience I had last night. I think so.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Last night I tried to do a telekinesis and seeing my aura, and some strange things happened.
When I tried telekinesis, I got a small piece of paper in my hand and I positioned my other hand above it as if I could generate a force to move the paper. After a few minutes of concentrating, I felt something weird in my hands, as if there was a force pushing against them. It felt like my hands were opposite magnets pushing against each other, and as I moved my hands closer together, the repelling force became stronger so I'm pretty sure I wasn't just imagining it. However the paper didn't budge. Is what I felt normal to happen while trying telekinesis?

As for viewing my aura, I used my bathroom mirror and the room was very dark, all the recommended conditions etc., and I was able to see a glow around my head that was either yellow, orange, or red but couldn't exactly tell. Something interesting happened when I tried to focus on my face. After staring at my face for about 10 seconds, without shifting my eyes and not thinking, my entire head and body became a shadow, and then my head faded and disappeared completely when I was able to concentrate hard enough. The area where my head would have been just turned to see same color as the wall behind me. I was only able to keep this going for a couple seconds but I could do it as many times as I tried. Was this just a trick of the eyes, or is there more to it?
Any insight on either of the subjects?

[edit on 5/22/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Last night I tried to do a telekinesis and seeing my aura, and some strange things happened.
When I tried telekinesis, I got a small piece of paper in my hand and I positioned my other hand above it as if I could generate a force to move the paper. After a few minutes of concentrating, I felt something weird in my hands, as if there was a force pushing against them. It felt like my hands were opposite magnets pushing against each other, and as I moved my hands closer together, the repelling force became stronger so I'm pretty sure I wasn't just imagining it. However the paper didn't budge. Is what I felt normal to happen while trying telekinesis?

As for viewing my aura, I used my bathroom mirror and the room was very dark, all the recommended conditions etc., and I was able to see a glow around my head that was either yellow, orange, or red but couldn't exactly tell. Something interesting happened when I tried to focus on my face. After staring at my face for about 10 seconds, without shifting my eyes and not thinking, my entire head and body became a shadow, and then my head faded and disappeared completely when I was able to concentrate hard enough. The area where my head would have been just turned to see same color as the wall behind me. I was only able to keep this going for a couple seconds but I could do it as many times as I tried. Was this just a trick of the eyes, or is there more to it?
Any insight on either of the subjects?

[edit on 5/22/2009 by bl4ke360]

Try this one. Close your eyes and step out of your body. Keep your eyes closed but stand directly in front of yourself. Your body will see your shadow and you will see your body. Walk around a bit, but I wouldn't suggest leaving for too long. You didn't see all of the others that hang around yet did you? You felt them on your hands though. You can always come back, but if you leave and the others notice you will have some house guests to deal with.

Peace

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I don't really know what your saying, but are you talking about astral projection? If so, i'd say it's impossible to astral project just my closing your eyes and imagining coming out of your body. That's not how it happens...
And what does that have anything to do with what I talked about in the first place?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In both cases what you experienced is reasonably normal.

I have been a Reiki Level III for about 15 years so am just quoting from my experience; I assume you could find citations and resources on this. Specially Hands of Light, by Barbara Brennan.

The different levels of auras have a magnetic feel to them when you are in tune with that type of energy. I feel the 'pressure' at 1/2 inch, about 4 inches, 2 feet and a few levels beyond. When you sense it there is a definite pulling or sort of focus point where the energies come into resonance. Good job feeling it, nice intuition!

Telekinesis, in my very minor experience, is an ENTIRELY different realm of things and has to do with astral energy levels in coordination with "real" earthly levels of material. It takes a combining of these levels in the mind's awareness and A LOT of will!
I've used a piece of amethyst jewelry hanging from a handmade tower, made of a wire-hanger. It's heavy enough that air currents, and even electromagnetic forces won't move it, and takes true TK to see a result.
(any hanging object would work, more pure like metals or something of the earth is recommended, imo)

We all have a very close-in aura [among many other levels], which I call the protection aura, which is only about 1/2 inch to an inch from us and almost always in the range of from white to light blue. this is the most common aura seen by novice seers.
The missing head phenomena is likely due to fatigue of the photoreceptors in your eyes.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
While the others here have their opinions let me try to put one into scientific perspective.

While in the dark your eyes have a harder time seeing colors such as yellow, red and orange. The possibility that you saw these colors around you head might have caused your eyes to become unfocused on the darkness creating a void where you saw your head.

Like looking into the sun and seeing that speck of purple or green in your eye for a minute or two.

Catch my drift?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

No I should have mentioned that seeing my aura and watching my head disappear were entirely separate, and they both involve different methods anyway. So while I was focusing on my head to disappear, I did not see my aura at all. I was only able to see my aura while unfocusing my eyes on the wall behind me, right next to my head.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
In that case, could it have been the focal point between the two eyes? There's a spot on the retina, called the fovia I believe, that has no receptors. If you alternate opening and closing eyes or do something like hold your fingertips together and make that little sausage between 'em (LOL - know what I mean?) you can cause a blind spot to be experienced.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

I'm pretty sure that's not it, my eyes weren't unfocused at all, I was just staring normally, while trying to remain in a kind of trance. Also just recently I tried to do it with another part of my body, and I was able to get my lower torso invisible, right above where the mirror cuts off at the bottom. I tried this with random objects with no luck.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I'd be delighted if it turned out we have a built-in disco light system i.e. auras. How many times have we all said or done things that were ill judged? Given a color-coded mood light system, we could help those that are sad and avoid those who are angry. In times of trouble, we could approach someone with a bright golden aura and ask for help.

Just a pity that, beyond our electrical fields, auras are a fictional construct encouraged by psychics and booksellers. No experiments have supported the idea. People can even do their own.

Find a friend that claims to see auras (everyone knows one). Get five people and have the 'aura expert' ID the color, size, quality of each respective aura. Now separate the 'aura expert' from the aura by closing a door between them. The same tests have been done using paper...unfortunately scientists can't explain yet how the properties of thin paper or wood are impenetrable to auras. This must be the reason because nobody has IDd an aura without the person standing in front of them

A million dollars (Randi Prize) awaits you if you can prove telekinesis or auras exist. I'd leave the prize and collect the riches waiting for the first person to ever show they exist...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This sounds very interesting. Unfortunately I know no one that can see auras, nor anyone who has ever chosen to speak to me about anything paranormal or out of the general norm. I am the black sheep no matter where I go. It would be rather interesting to find a person who has delved into some of this(or well anything strange at this point) and poked around. Weren't there pictures taken of auras showing the effects of vampire auras creating tendrils and latching onto weaker auras, causing them to be further reduced and weaker?

I think this is it -

books.google.com... hl=en&ei=ImYYSq-WIc2ktweKuY34DA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8#PPA79,M1

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
We have natural electricity that travels through our body.
If you have a heightened sense of it or you are paying particular attention to it you can actually feel it in your limbs.
Another spot you can feel it dramatically is in your back you can actually feel it go up and down and through your limbs and head.
Now I don't know how this feels for other people as I have damage to my central nervous system and am much more sensitive to these sensations due to my nerves being so literally "raw" from all the damage done by surgery but I am sure the typical person can feel this as well.
It will feel like a pulsating and then a radiating sensation.
For me my nerve path ways are all jumbled up so they do something like collide and misfire and can cause me to actually see and hear the pulsations of my nerves if there is severe pain or some other kind of stimulus.
My doctor says this is typical for people like me, I honestly thought I was going crazy!
So yeah maybe that can explain the feelings you were having it would make sense because when you try to do something like this basically what you are doing is trying to take you internal energy and electricity and use it as a physical force so if you focus more or try to strengthen it I am sure you'd be able to feel something like this, which means if something like this is possible this would be a positive reaction.

Now if a person can manifest this and make it separate from their bodies and actually use it as a "physical force" I am not sure, I just simply do not know.

Also this may be of interest to you

www.elcollie.com...

I'd also say be careful as I have herd an out pour recently of people doing things such as this and also listening to binary waves and having an ill effect from it, they seem to think they may have done something to the path ways, nerves, or chemicals in their brains, when they go to a doctor the doctor can not diagnose it but a common denominator for them all is they used a certain CD or were getting heavy into meditations and the alike.

Also this post has nothing to do with my opinion on the subject and if I believe or do not believe.
Just simply giving the small tid bits of things I do know about it.
Sorry if this is not helpful in any way.

new topics

top topics

join