It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I gifted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well, I figure that I am either nuts or something is going on upstairs. I'll write about a few things that happened to me, and tell me if I'm just being paranoid.

Okay, the MOST common. I'll have a picture in my head, or maybe a song, or be thinking of a joke, or SOMETHING. Usually off the subject, and someone nearby will either hum the song, tell the joke, or mention something about what I was thinking. Not mentioning anything special about it, or not even always too me, but in casual conversation.

Latest example......I was at home, and my friend had just shown up. A song popped in my head as he pulled in the driveway, and he came in singing it. I hadn't been listening to the radio.

Daily basis.

Deja Vu all the time. Nothing special, just little things.

For about 2 weeks while I was driveing by a particular stretch of road, I'd get a vision of a lady with brown hair in my head. This started to bother me, so I brought someone else I KNEW had claimed to have some kind of special sight. So, I drove by the same area and pulled over. Told her I had car trouble, she had no idea. I looked over at her and she had tears in her eyes, so I asked her what was wrong. She said that I wouldn't believe her if she told me. I convinced her to tell me, and she described that she had a vision of the SAME lady in her head. Later I found out that the lady I saw in my head matched a description of a woman who's husband commited a murder sucide a little ways off of where I had seen her.

Tonite, a friend of mine and I were driving home in his car. We came down a familiar stretch of road and I a muffled voice that sounded like "Hey guys". I sat there for a minute, and asked my friend "Did you hear that?" he looked at me and asked "that wasn't you?"
The windows were up in the car, so it couldn't have been outside noise, and it was 1:00 in the morning. We turned around and drove by again, but nothing. Noone was there and we didn't hear anything.

There are tons of other things about sharing dreams, seeing/hearing things, feeling and hearing energy, my wierd grandparents.......

Is there anything too this? And where can I go to learn about how to control and use a gift like that?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think all people have that ability most gust don�t realize it, like me also but gust whiff my girl we are together of about 2 years and some months and most of the time I get something in my head it can be something like a word or a song and gust as I am thinking it my girl mentions the word ore song ore sometimes hole sentences, but it�s gust whiff me and my girl I suppose we have some sort of connection, were you have it more intense and not whiff one person but whiff everyone around you�

On how to control it I don�t know, do some Google

you will find something�

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by vaswegpg]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by grankor... And where can I go to learn about how to control and use a gift like that?

Although this will probably sound like a platitude, I suspect that if you are gifted (and I wouldn't deny that for one moment) then a "teacher" will find *you* in good time... Fate/ kismet is not unknown in these matters

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I get deja vu all the time....I used to get it alot more when I was younger...also...strangely...when i was younger i have remarkably good luck...i mean i always won contests, lotto tickets (mostly instants)....stuff like that....it seems though that in the past year or two it either wore off or ive been in some sort of slump....im thinking its a cycle....and hoping it comes back....

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by BasementAddix]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You sound alot like me. I have not yet found a way to develop these skills formally, but I have always been slightly afraid of developing them after a testing session that I went through some time ago.. it just freaked me out too much. I was younger then and have since gotten more comfortable with these things and tend not to pay as much attention to them as I used to... I am sure you probably also have the gift of knowing who is calling you BEFORE you see the caller id as well.

I don't know.. I would say try meditation if you want to draw your gifts out more.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
... I am sure you probably also have the gift of knowing who is calling you BEFORE you see the caller id as well.

It's a great party trick.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe when you get near someone (near as in within 100 yards or so...) you get a message of they are thinking about in your head sort of like mind reading...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i often have some of the same things happen to me grankor... but often the thoughts or wateva pop into my head and i don't realise they are important until something like that happens... and i am like whoa!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
maybe, you should get on your bicycle and go for a ride.
to somewhere, to any where, just as long as you ride.

i am not speakinn upon inexperience. of late, this is the one of the only post that i feel a real connection.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ya i had de ja vu last nite, i had a dream about my friend the night before , how he got into a fight with his girlfriiend on the internet, i remember da internet convo in my dream , and the next day i scooted over to talk to him, and i saw his screen , and it struck me, i rememebered the pink font and the dirty words, such a good feeling,

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Interesting. I feel like this too.

One time I was riding on the bus and out of no where my best friend from Junior High school came to my mind and about 10 mins later when I got off the bus I bumped into him. Had a good 12 years or so with out seeing him.

A few days after that out of no where I think about my Junior High school principal and how she lives like 2 houses next to me. I just moved there not so long ago. I think about her when I come out the door in my house, and a few mins later, I see her!

A lot of times when my phone is about to ring, I feel it. Like I'll grab the phone 3 secs b4 it rings then it rings, usually when it's my girl, happens at all times of the day and night. Same thing for the AOL Instant Messenger, a lot of times when I am away, my girlfriend IM's me and b4 she does it, I look at the screen and there pops her name.

I don't know but a lot of times I get feelings and deja vu's. I really feel and know that I have some sort of power. I once visited a witch doctor and she told me I did have powers too.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Man... I really don't know what to tell you. I know exactly what it's like to get something in your head only to turn around and have it repeated OUTSIDE your head, lol...

Read this thread.

I have so many stories I could tell you... saw an entire night in a dream and knew it was gonna happen... even told my GF about it... then when we moved to SLC, it happened... EXACTLY like it did in my dream! Same dialog, same people, same room, everything.

The same GF was bi-sexual. She kept trying to tell me about her GF in AZ, and I kept getting this vision stuck in my head... so I kept asking her "Does she have long dirty-blonde hair?" Nope, that's her GF in utah... "Oh... is she about this tall, and have these teeth that kinda stick out?" Nope... again, it was her GF in Utah.

Also, about that time I was able to tell people all about themselves... that's when I really started noticing that I was an Empathetic psychic. I have all other abilities, but empathy is my strongest point right now. Also, I have lots of friends with 'gifts'... my friend Bry and I are the most sensitive I think... D used to be really sensitive too, but then he got all corporate with AOL, lol... I don't think he has time to mess with it other than to mess with people at work

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Woow, interesting how people can be so alike. Makes me think of something else. About our true meaning in this world. I think our true meaning is just to hard for us to figure out right now.

But we have people with different abilities and different roles in life. It's an interesting world after all.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
along the lines of thinking the same thoughts, my friends and i sometimes have i guess bouts of that.

like one day, we were all just sitting, eatting pizza, and chatting. all of a sudden, three of us shout "Trogdor!!!" and another person looks up in surprise and says "i was just thinking about Homestarrunner". None of us had been to the site in awhile, nor are we the type to normally shout "Trogdor".

I just call it a cowinidink tho

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by subzero360

But we have people with different abilities and different roles in life. It's an interesting world after all.

I just signed up for a matheducation degree at my local college.

I can do all that math so if all goes well Ill be able to teach to others. I got options for science education degree too. Im sticking to what Im good at with out trying, school.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by jrod]

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by jrod]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Earthscum,

Read me, read me! Tell me about myself (U2U). Psychic powers should have no boundaries, so, my being on the east coast should be no problem for you. And no, I am not patronizing you - I'm curious. :-D

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Grandkor, i have experienced almost all the symptoms you described, and between me and a good friend of mine we defenitaly confirm paranormal activity on this planet.

Once, we were sitting in his little Honda Civic, i was shotgun and another friend was in the back seat. We were drinking beer in an allyway that had houses on both sides of it and a dead end ahead of us. I was listening to music and i saw what looked to be the outline of a person in the distance under a lamp light, it disappeared, about 4 seconds later i see it again under another lamplight and it almost seemed like it was coming towards the car. My friend Scott says "What the hell is that!", my heart skipped a beat and i flipped like "YOU SEE THAT TOO!?" i thought it was just the booze, he hits his car in reverse pops the clutch and we peel the f**k out of there in reverse.

Thats nothing though, like you said, i have a lot of deja vu, coincidences, dreams, and symbolizim going on in my life as well, same with my friend Scott, he's the oldest of my friends and hes the only one who's on the same mind level as far as paranormal knowledge goes.

Hes 27 i'm 19, so hopefully i'll grow to be wise

1ne

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Embryo, sry... I haven't got THAT good yet, lol... believe me, if I could I would be working on my remote viewing next so I couldfind out what's REALLY going on in the world
Unfortunatly I couldn't connect with you... I don't have a 'signature' to be able to feel for. If I try with one of my friends, I can do it (although not as acuratly nowadays... bad stuff happened in SLC and I wigged out bad... lets say I ended up on a real 'hit list' and I did a complete 180. I have only been reconnecting for the last couple years.)

Gifts do take some practice to get used to controlling. Every true human has them, but it's a matter of tapping into them. As far as "psychic" goes, you really have to get good at recognizing the difference between your imagination and your 'visions'. Some stuff will come to you that you just know. Other stuff will come to you that doesn't make sense at all and you have to interpret it yourself... like my vision of two skyscrapers (although the time of the day was wrong, but still pretty good, imho). I've had so many visions... I can't remember hardly any of them. Most were a bit of a picture here, another bit there, and one that didn't go at all. I try to remember them, but never do.

My thread I linked was basically just getting stuff out... for the most part, only a handfull of people have heard about my "predictions", and I hope some others will have insight, or maybe I'll get lucky and someone else had the same 'visions'.

Here's something (that I should probably do myself, lol...). Get a small pocket pad (or use a PALM) and keep log of occurances. You don't have to get detailed, just a nice strong note that you will be able to refer back to later... with time and date, place, people, and mood. When it gets full, go back and start comparing dates and times. I think there's a pattern for occurances, and the patterns are different for each person. I also have a theory that when these things show up (usually during adolescence), they happen like wet dreams. The 'gift' is developing, and needs to be released. Unfortunatly it gets released sporadically until you learn how to excercise it. Most teens will say 'deja-vu' before adults will... I think it's because adults have pretty much just ignored their gifts, which gets passed down to the kids "Don't be wierd... just act like a normal person" (really couldn't tell you how many times I heard that one, lol). ACT WIERD! Ok, ACT normal, but don't deny your gifts. It's not like riding a bicycle... if you deny it, then you have to remove the block and doubt first... and doubt is the biggest 'gift-killer'.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
maybe, you should get on your bicycle and go for a ride.
to somewhere, to any where, just as long as you ride.

i am not speakinn upon inexperience. of late, this is the one of the only post that i feel a real connection.

Heh, I just got back home and have my bike again. I was planning on taking a bike ride tomorrow, cause my car is in the shop. Tomorrow some of us are going to a site known to us for its paranormal activity. I'm bringing my digital camera, so I'll be able to take some pics.

It's interesting to see so many people have similar occurences. People looking at themselves and asking that question that makes you feel juvenile and uncomfortable at the same time. Thank God for friends.....

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Earthscum,

Read me, read me! Tell me about myself (U2U). Psychic powers should have no boundaries, so, my being on the east coast should be no problem for you. And no, I am not patronizing you - I'm curious. :-D
See this is what bothers me.. real psychic powers are almost NEVER like Miss Dion and her psychic friends... you don't just turn your mind toward someone and know their future. You don't usually get to pick and choose what you know or who you know it about... it just comes to you and you deal with it when it happens. It is just not like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join