It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zecharia Sitchin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Can anyone give me information on this man?

XAOS

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have read many of his books, but have little info on him other than he is Russian (I believe). Would like to know more myself

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Zecharia Sitchin was born in Russia and raised in Palestine, where he acquired a profound knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Old Testament, and the history and archeology of the Near East. He is one of the few scholars who is able to read and understand Sumerian. Sitchin attended and graduated from the University of London, majoring in economic history. A leading journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writes in New York.

Mr. Sitchen believes that we are not alone in the universe. Going back over half a million a years the planet has been visited by UFO's and aliens who come here every 3,600 hundred years, from a place called Nibiru. These entities were not reptilian in nature, but were humanoid, genetically altering the hominid race that existed on the planet at that time, to look like them, think like them, and to learn from them.

For those unfamiliar with Sitchin�s hypothesis, he proposes that ancient texts describe the visits to Earth of an extraterrestrial race of gods known as �the Anunnaki�. According to Sitchin�s interpretation of these ancient texts, the Anunnaki-gods came down to the Earth 445,000 years ago from a planet known as Marduk or Nibiru � a planet which remains in our solar system on a vast elliptical orbit of 3,600 years. The Anunnaki then created Homo sapiens, partly in their own image, using a process of genetic engineering. The purpose of this �creation� was to engage Homo sapiens as a slave, and thereby increase the efficiency of the Anunnaki�s gold mines on Earth. According to Sitchin, this gold was required back on the home planet of the Anunnaki, to protect the planet�s atmosphere from degradation. This must have worked, because many millennia later the leaders of the Anunnaki allegedly returned to the Earth, granted civilisation to the Sumerians and Egyptians, and lived alongside these human cultures for more than a thousand years.

In 1976, Sitchin's first book, The Twelfth Planet, began an odyssey that has literally transformed the field of ancient history; in 1993 came the sixth book in his Earth Chronicle series, When Time Began. Among other mindboggling assertions, this book links the complex calendar of Stonehenge and the puzzling ruins of Tiahuanacu in Peru to the ancient culture of the Sumerians, and by extension, to the Nibiruans, who are also called the Anunnaki.

To date, Sitchin has deciphered more then 2,000 clay cylinders from that ancient land on the Persian Gulf that existed some 6,000 years ago. Some of these fragments, which date to 4,000 B.C., are in museums around the world. One fragment in particular, presently in Germany, indicates that Earth is the seventh planet, counting in from Pluto. The time frame here is four millennia before modern Astronomy confirmed the existence of Pluto as an actual planet in our solar system.

So how did an ancient race of people know this fact? Sitchin says it is because these ancient people did not come from Earth, but from Nibiru. The work of Zecharia Sitchin is based on clay tablets that were found in modern day Iraq (Sumeria). These are the some of oldest recorded writings known to man. Sitchin's work consists of eight books.

Zecharia Sitchin says that he first realized aliens colonized earth when he discovered that the mythology of the Sumerian people spoke of real places and real things. For him the moment of discovery arrived when he came to a stunning conclusion about our familiar solar system. In a July 1993 interview, he told Connecting Link Magazine that the Sumerians knew there were not only nine planets:

"Once I realized that this was the answer, that there is one more planet, everything else fell into place. The meaning of the Mesopotamian Epic of Creation on which the first chapters of Genesis are based and all details traveled from their planet to Earth and how they splashed down in the Persian Gulf and about their first settlement, their leaders and so on and so on, everything became clear!"

Sitchin skeptic Ian Lawton gives an overview of Sitchin's theories on his website: "Not only does he suggest that a race of 'flesh and blood' gods who were capable of space flight visited Earth from their home planet, which the Ancients called 'Nibiru', nearly half a million years ago. He goes on to speculate that they came in order to mine precious minerals which were abundant on our planet; that they created modern Homo sapiens by genetic engineering, mixing their own genes with those of the primitive hominids they encountered ('in their own image'); that they did this in order to create a slave race to take over the mining and refining work; and that they lived for sometimes thousands of years, were capable of good, evil, compassion and brutality, and warred with each other and their human offspring"

Sitchin described what led him to these remarkable conclusions: "My starting point was, going back to my childhood and schooldays, the puzzle of who were the Nefilim, that are mentioned in Genesis, Chapter six, as the sons of the gods who married the daughters of Man in the days before the great flood, the Deluge."

Sitchin translated Nefilim as "those who from heaven to earth came." (Standard translations have it as "fallen ones."), a meaning he says is identical with that of the Biblical Annunaki. For him, his "discovery" that the Nefilim (also spelled Nephilim and translated in the King James Bible as "giants") were synonymous with the fifty mysterious gods of fate in Sumerian mythology, the Annunaki, led him to a startling conclusion. The Annunaki are extraterrestrials:

"Ever since the publication of my first book (The 12th Planet) in 1976 I have asserted that Sumerian and other ancient Near Eastern texts and depictions showed familiarity with a complete Solar System that included, beside the Sun and the Moon, ten (not nine) planets -- the 3,600 years. Its Sumerian name was Nibiru."

Sitchin believes that this planet is the key to solving the mystery of the Annunaki: "If Nibiru exists, (and this is the planet that astronomers nowadays call planet X) then the Anunnaki exist."

Sitchin wrote and article for his website in May 2001 claiming that this mysterious planet has been located by astronomers. He cites an "alternative theory" proposed to explain the oddly eccentric orbit of a comet named 2000 CR/105. While one theory has it that Neptune exaggerated the comet's orbit, the alternative theory says that a Mars-sized planet could possibly affected the comet's orbit. Science magazine said "A Super-comet following an unexpectedly far-flung path around the sun suggests that an unidentified planet once lurked in the outermost reaches of the solar system, an international team of astronomers reports.

Sitchin believes this closes the case on his ancient Annunaki astronauts. However, even if this planet does exist, it is a vast leap of logic to assume that it is the home of alien builder-gods. Sitchin may believe that if Nibiru exists the Annunaki must, but there is as yet no evidence that one leads to the other. In fact, Sitchin's theory is vastly more ambitious than merely adding one more planet to the solar system's roster. On his website he says: "According to the ancient texts as interpreted by me, Nibiru was a planet ejected from some other planetary system in outer space that was captured into our Solar System as it passed near Neptune. It became involved in a collision with a pre-existing planet where the debris of the Asteroid Belt are now. As a result of that collision, some 4 billion years ago, the Earth and the Moon came to be where they are now."

Links

www.sitchin.com...

www.metatron.se...

www.zechariasitchin.com...

jcolavito.tripod.com...

www.geocities.com...

www.logoschristian.org...

www.mars-earth.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.surfingtheapocalypse.com...

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
LOLOLOLO!!

This man's grasp of celestial mechanics seems to be limited to say the very least. Capture and collision of planets from interstellar space!! Ludicrous !

This man needs to wake up and smell reality, rather than fantasize about complete rubbish!

[Edited on 8-2-2003 by CupidStunt]

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
so in all your short years you have managed to accumulate all the knowledge of the universe and all the mechanics thereof to enable you to say what is and what is not possible????

whilst I agree it seems like an incredible and quite ludicrous idea I would not wish to dismiss it out of hand. We know very little and understand even less about the universe around us than we would like to admit, and anyone who thinks we know a lot is suffering from the delusional arrogance that human kind normally suffers from.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Go play golf.........and if you manage 18 holes in one, come back to me !

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
ermsss
thanx a lot deepwaters your explanation does meant a lot to me.
1.giant=son of anakim,zam-zum-mim,where this kind of people have encounter a war with prophet moses before

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cupid, Im not an astrophyscist, just a humble geologist, and I dont pretend to know everything about orbital mechanics, but there are a few congent facts you may not be aware of:

1. We know of well over 5000 historic impacts to the Earth of bodies over 500 meters in diameter, some much larger.

2. In case you missed it, in the past 24 months, we have had 3 *close orbital encounters* IE, celestial bodies that crossed inside the orbit of the moon, and in all but one case, we didnt know it happened until the body was departing from our area of space.

3. In or about 2022, a LARGE asteroid will again cross inside lunar orbit, and a significant possibility exists of collision.

Therefore, considering the above, orbital capture and collision is a VERY real possibility, a probability, and I would venture to say, is more the norm than not.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If there was a planet in the orbit of the current asteriod belt & the "planet" Nibiru did indeed collide with it millenia ago, wouldn't such a collision (of such an impact as to reduce one planet to rubble) also have a *very similar* impact on Nibiru itself? Even if Nibiru was much larger than the planet it collided with, it would still have (at the very least) caused such devastation on Nibiru itself to have eliminated all forms of life & eliminated any life-supporting ecology, if not completely reducing it to rubble as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think he lives near my school where he recently gave a lecture.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 8 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Another proud alumnus of the W.C. Fields school of scholarship!
In there with Icke, von Daeniken, Nostradamus United etc.
So ludicrous that he�s not really considered by Sumerian scholars: but a taster of him here:-
www.ramtops.demon.co.uk...
and, if you�ve the patience or interest to look at a few specifics regarding Semitic philology made by a scholar thereof (not massively difficult) here:
www.facadenovel.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A short analysis on what I know a few things about regarding Sitchins theories...

Sitchin states that a large planet, orbiting every 3600 years destroyed the 5th planet, creating the asteroid belt. Further, this planet, Nibiru, harbors an advanced race that had a hand in the development of the human race in prehistory.

I am not really prepared to post much in the way of opinion on the possibility or probability of any civilization on this theoretical planet. However, the actual orbital mechanics, lets take a look:

It is described to orbit out and back every 3600 years. This would require a highly elliptical orbit, likely at very high angle to, or perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic. We know for a fact that many asteroids do travel on highly elliptical orbits, and more than a few are on high angle orbits to the plane of the ecliptic. This angle to the ecliptic makes observations difficult, and has allowed at least 2 of the last 3 *near misses* to not be observed until they were leaving Earth space.

Most of these asteroids on high angle orbits are most likely orbital "captures" from extra solar bodies.

As far as orbital collisions, there is a great deal of evidence to support this historically. A look at any picture of the moon shows NUMEROUS impact craters, obviously from collisions with orbital objects. Neptune orbits on a 90 degree rotational orientation to the plane of the ecliptic, the most radial orientation in the solar system (IE, its northern hemisphere is always pointed at the sun). One of Neptunes moons also orbits in the opposite direction of its other moons. This radical orbital tilt is thought to be evidence of a massive impact with a very large object. The moon orbiting opposite the other moons is thought to be an orbital capture.

The recent impact of comet Shoemaker Levy on Saturn is other evidence of orbital capture and impact.... the impact of the comet created a shock wave three times larger than the diameter of the earth.

It has been speculated (with some supporting evidence) that the Earths moon was formed during the early formative stages of the Earth by a massive impact of a large body, ripping a large amount of crustal and upper mantel material off the Earth, which then formed the moon.

Mars currently has approximately 1/100 of the atmospheric pressure of the Earth, but evidence suggests in the past it had approximately 1/8 of earth normal pressure in the past. One theory is that a large amount of its atmosphere was ejected from the planet due to an oblique angle impact, possibly by a comet.

Midnight Destroyer asked if such an impact that likely would have created the asteroid belt would have destroyed Nibiru.... most likely, unless it was a satelite or binary body (known to occur) of Nibiru that impacted the original planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Shoemaker-Levy hit Jupiter not Saturn!

There's no real evidence for a 10th planet. At one time astronomers searched for a ninth planet because of perturbations in Neptune's orbit. When Pluto was found, it was realised that it was not massive enough to cause these, and so a 10th planet was sought. Subsequently, it has been realised that these perturbations weren't real; they were due to observational errors. So NO evidence for Planet X !!

The bloke is a crackpot in anyone's book! If somone in the scientific community comes up with rubbish, then they deserved to be taken apart. That's how peer review works! And anyway, wouldn't a planet that far out be a little bit cold for life !!!?

[Edited on 17-2-2003 by CupidStunt]

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ark-Angel,

Once again you've managed to piece together a long post that is total and utter crap! For someone with obviously limited intelligence, you seem to be able to put together hideously long, boring and rambling posts!

For a start, Pluto was found by Clyde Tombaugh after many people conducted thorough observational programs. Neptune was discovered by mathematics.

Maybe a huge green space dragon called Fred flew through our solar system 10,000 years ago, flicking the earth with its tail causing the flood that perpetuates many pre-history myths. Maybe his mate called Barbara laid her eggs in a small planet that became the asteroid belt after the hatching of these eggs caused it to fragment? Maybe these young space dragons still whiz around our inner solar system and regularly visit Earth, giving rise to the lights in the sky we interpret as UFOs!?

Just because someone makes up a crank theory, doesn't mean it deserves respect, because what I just wrote was obviously crap !!

If someone as ignorant as yourself wishes to believe junk, poorly thought out, and scientifically scoffed at theories, then yer the sucker and crackpot, mate !

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well collision of planets though is NOT ludicrous, it happend to earth to create the moon.

As for 10th planet, I don't think it's there, but if it was it would have come from the possible brown dwarf sister star that we are in orbit with.

If it had loss mass it is possible a planet would leave that orbit, and enter ours.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I never said the idea of collisions between bodies in our solar system was ludicrous; they're an accepted fact! And there could well be a brown dwarf lurking out at about 60,000au!

But planets full of bogeymen, whizzing about the universe after gold, bashing into other planets direct from interstellar space is plain stupid! Why would anyone attempt planetary relocation on this scale? Surely any civilisation advanced enough to do this would be able to manufacture gold without having to go flying their planet about to find other sources!

And as for their driving..........!!

[Edited on 18-2-2003 by CupidStunt]

top topics

join