It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Evil Plot To Destroy The World - Hulu?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Watch and listen to this commercial. I saw it on TV yesterday and my jaw dropped. www.businessinsider.com...

Maybe this is just powerful advertising, then again maybe its telling us in broad daylight what the Disney Plan really is. "TV is rotting your brain..." This is a far cry from Subliminal Messaging. The commercials put the message out there clearly but with a psychological twist. "An Evil Plot To Destroy The World; We are aliens..."

Disney (DIS) just announced that it would be joining Hulu, distributing full-length TV shows and other content online. NBC and Fox are already a part of the Hulu system. www.businessinsider.com...

How to find subliminal messages. www.ehow.com...

Disney Submlininal Messages. www.disclose.tv...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well the HULU commercials are a tongue in cheek joke...

I personally love HULU. For those of us without TIVO it lets us watch tv shows anytime our schedule permits. And it's free! (does contain limited advertisements).

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

I agree that it's meant to be tounge in cheek humor. I love HULU! When I miss a show or my DVR didn't record it for some reason, I can go there and get it for free. My favorite HULU ad is the one with Seth McFarland.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I know those commercials are meant to be funny, and they are very funny. The first one I saw was during the Superbowl last this year.

Everytime I see one though, it reminds me of my roommates old girlfriend. We would do all kinds of nasty stuff, partying, strippers, whatever, on some nights. Then she would come over the next day and say, "Why didn't you call me last night, I waited up?"

Of course we would tell her we were too busy getting drunk with a bunch of strippers and she would laugh and not believe us!

When I watch that commercial, I feel like Hulu's dumb girlfriend?!?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I guess they are funny in a way. But what if coming right out and declaring their true intentions in such an in-your-face way was meant to discredit any conspiracy theory's about the NWO or Aliens? You know how it goes. In order to discredit any theory all you have to do is make fun of the theorist.

Besides having 24/7 access to television (rotting your brain) would distract from what is going on in the world.

Just thoughts. I never heard of Hulu and just recently found out what TiVo is.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Well the HULU commercials are a tongue in cheek joke...

I personally love HULU. For those of us without TIVO it lets us watch tv shows anytime our schedule permits. And it's free! (does contain limited advertisements).

I love HULU for the simple fact I get to watch all the Stargate SG-1 episodes from start to finish. Season 1 til end.

Considering I just started watching this show within the past year and Started when the learned of the ORI, this allows me to see from the beggining up until the end.

Pretty much addicted to SG-1 even more now that I get to see McGyver in Action.

funny how Richard Dean Anderson just so happens to be a main character in 2 of my most favorite shows ever.

O and on another side note. I have noticed much of what gets talked about on here , gets talked about in plots on SG-1

Anyone else notice this?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Too funny, I love Hulu and the commercials and when I first saw them I thought "this is going to freak out some of the ATSers". LOL.

In a way the message might be that it WILL take over the entertainment world. Now that they can provide streaming video with that level of quality, getting the programming over the net may take over tv usage for some.

15 years from now I bet some will use the net instead of cable or antennas.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Too funny, I love Hulu and the commercials and when I first saw them I thought "this is going to freak out some of the ATSers". LOL.

I thought that too!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I posted this link in another thread about Hulu. You guys may enjoy this.

educate-yourself.org...

Really good stuff.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Heh, yeah, I saw the Denis Leary version last night for the first time and thought about posting about it here. But then I remembered I haven't made 20 posts yet...

I think it would be a hoot if this was some sort of elaborate method for indoctrinating the idea of famous people as aliens into main stream society. Course, I think it is really just really stoned advertising monkeys.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No they are really aliens from Glax 12 in the Eta Pesa Pi Nebula! How else could explain Alec Baldwins success?

I love those commercials. I rarely use Hulu, in fact, I rarely watch TV. Although, I am hooked on Mythbusters and SCChronicles. Aside from those two shows I read and surf the web.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree the commercial is rather weird and I do believe they are using hidden in plain sight techniques but regardless they are going to market their service in a way which they know is basically "the in kind of thing to do."

Considering it's an internet based alternative to Tivo which has also had it's depictions about being a highly addictive psy-op control program. But in a joking manner of course. :-D

Basically you'll come to a conclusion that it's Hulu and various others who aren't as fortunate to advertise commercials on Television/Satellite supporting their web tv on actual an actual weekly time slot.

Others would include sites such as Youtube, DivX, and etc. But once you read in between the lines you kind of get the perception of them basically starting an argument that TV = Evil, Internet = Good and not to mention, Better. (maybe it is ran by aliens? j/k)

But it seems more than likely that they give this kind of statement because you have more control on what you WANT to see over what you DON'T want to see, or be that as it may what you would PREFER to see in rival to what you would prefer NOT to see, but of course you still have your commercials/paid advertisements. This only applies to your programs of choice. :-)

Never the less, seeing how Hulu wants to be the new voice of the internet generation's web-TV, of course it's going to carry on itself as being more intelligent about the matter, because the Internet defines independence, but hearing how you say Disney and others are lining up to throw contracts at them; Continues to arouse my skepticism's about the suggested situation of the purposed commercial in question and the intentions of it's message overall.

All I can recommend is keep your eyes open and stay alert, don't let anyone discourage you from your beliefs, odds are the ones not noticing anything wrong with what your stating are those either too blind to notice the signs or those who choose to ignore them.

All in all, they have yet to come into the realization of understanding to see things as clearly as others such as you and I have.

Morpheus explained a subject similar to this point with Neo in The Matrix 1 during the scene featuring the woman in the red dress.

[edit on 23-5-2009 by anarcissus]

new topics

top topics

join