It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby P mother jailed indefinitely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Baby P mother jailed indefinitely

news.bbc.co.uk

Baby Peter's mother has been jailed indefinitely for causing or allowing the toddler's death.

The 17-month-old died after months of abuse in Haringey, north London. His mother must serve at least five years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Her 32-year-old boyfriend was jailed for 12 years for causing the death and for life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve at least 10 years.

Their lodger, Jason Owens, was jailed indefinitely for causing Baby Peter's death, to serve at least three years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes me so mad. Life should mean life. She must serve at least 5 (FIVE!) and he 10 (TEN!). He murdered one toddler and raped another and the Judge says he must serve at least 10 *snip* years. 10.

The bastard should be strung up and made to do the Saddam Shuffle.

Disgusting. The British Judicary is in disaray.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT - for typos only.

[edit on 22/5/2009 by 0010110011101]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/22/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Very sad; in the future I hope that there is somekind of qualifing period and "proving-ground", in which propective parents must demonstrate both maternal/paternal instincts, and the real desire to be parents.
if this eventuates, it could only be carried-out in a new world paradigm, free from government departmental corruptions that exist in the present.
There are many infant deaths that are not even reported to media; as the privacy act ensures the cases confidentiality; until the court process is carried out.
The only time civilians ever hear is when media gets a scent.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101

Disgusting. The British Judicary is in disaray.

Britain as a whole is in disaray.

Personally I do not agree with capital punishment, but I fully understand why people call for it in cases like this.

The sentences handed out are disgraceful.

Life should mean life.
And no Wii, TV's etc.

For crimes like this the criminal should be incarcerated into a small cell with a straw mattress, slop bucket and fed on just enough bread and water to keep them alive.
Criminals like this should spend their time doing hard labour on chain gangs and the rest of their time should be spent in the confines of their own solitary cell with nothing but their own conscience to torture them.

[edit on 22/5/09 by Freeborn]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Disgusting. I cannot understand how people can be so evil, were they crack heads?

I also think child rape should be punished by life with no parole. These sentences seem awfully low for the heinous crimes commited.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I dont condone capital punishment, but, can individuals such as this really be integral with a society?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
They should be recycled.

Give their kidneys, lungs etc to people that need them.

Bin their hearts if they have one.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Personally I do not agree with capital punishment, but I fully understand why people call for it in cases like this.

Agreed.

A case like this, with the powerful emotion attached, does make you comprehend the possible validation and justification for the death penalty.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

She must serve at least 5 (FIVE!) and he 10 (TEN!).

Yet she is eligable for parole in 2012. So maybe not even five years. Well she is probably young enough to have more children when she gets out.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Again agreed. I know in the OP I said he should be strung up, but really that is no way to punish. 2 wrongs will never make a right and the whole: "We think killing is wrong, so we're going to kill you" argument is floored.

I do think that life should mean life and people like this should never see the light of day again. How can someone who broke a 17 month old child's spine and raped a 2 year old girl be told he must serve a minuimum of only 10 years. It is unbelievable.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by 0010110011101

Very sad; in the future I hope that there is somekind of qualifing period and "proving-ground", in which propective parents must demonstrate both maternal/paternal instincts, and the real desire to be parents.
if this eventuates, it could only be carried-out in a new world paradigm, free from government departmental corruptions that exist in the present.
There are many infant deaths that are not even reported to media; as the privacy act ensures the cases confidentiality; until the court process is carried out.
The only time civilians ever hear is when media gets a scent.

I agree

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
They should be recycled.

God that's pretty evil i mean. Now people who do that are horrible, but you don't hear people that riled up when sh*t happens to adults.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by infinite

I do think that life should mean life and people like this should never see the light of day again. How can someone who broke a 17 month old child's spine and raped a 2 year old girl be told he must serve a minuimum of only 10 years. It is unbelievable.

Yeah I think stuff like this calls for life without parole for sure. I wish England could do that or else the death penalty wouldn't be called for so much.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One can only wonder what went through the judge's mind when he thought those sentences were severe enough?

Are there REALLY that few spaces left in prisons?

Maybe it's time to start shipping these people off to prison colonies again...

Someone who does this is quite obviously NEVER going to not be a threat to the public...There are some wires in their brains that are crossed the wrong way that cannot be cured

[edit on 22-5-2009 by AR154]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by AR154]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

The home secretary has the right to over ride the Judges sentence. She can increase the minimum of years if there was enough public pressure put upon her.

It sickens me that they managed to get away with the abuse for years. There should be more officials who are sacked over the blunders that they made.

It also infuriates me that they will not name her for legal reasons. Excuse me they gave up that right once they started abusing Peter. They should not have legal rights.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They should be recycled.

That is GENIUS! What a great way around the ethical dilemma of capital punishment. Recycle the evil humans in order to protect the public and save the innocent ones.

If those children were relatives of mine, I would be happy to do the organ harvest right in my driveway with my pocket knife, being sure to take the non-life sustaining ones first so he gets to experience the whole process.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

They should be recycled.

God that's pretty evil i mean. Now people who do that are horrible, but you don't hear people that riled up when sh*t happens to adults.

Adults can defend themselves, that's the difference.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Disgusting. I cannot understand how people can be so evil, were they crack heads?

I also think child rape should be punished by life with no parole. These sentences seem awfully low for the heinous crimes commited.

I know that should be a minimum.

It's funny how people dealing drugs even just MJ go in for 10 years and a rapist or murderer can get out in under 10 years.

No logic in that at all.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well it's obvious that the judge is not concerned with the future victims of this man when he gets out, or he would have sentenced him to life with no chance for parole. Same with the mother if she allowed the continued abuse of her child, especially to the point of death she will allow it to be done to another child that she may have after being released.

Some wonder why the abuse and molestation of children is still so rampant, the sentences handed out by this judge is the reason. It's a shame that we live in a world where many are sentenced to more jail time for growing or selling weed than others are for raping and killing children

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

But what if they fail to defend themselves?

top topics

join