It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting "Time Zone" In Account Setting's, Does It work For you? Doesn't For me :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
After about 4 years i have actually got round to updating my profile,
No problems with that, but i noticed when setting the time zone for my location, it never saves it, and will skip to a random time zone every time i try to change it.

I had noticed this before, but didn't mention it before, i have now

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does ATS'ers God's and Guardian's know about?

No i dont really think you are gods, but flattery will get you everywhere

But i do think the ATS staff'n'crew are cool....

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Denied]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I probably do have this problem at ATS, as I have it at both of the other websites where I frequent and post. I think it's relative to the fact that I clean out my cookies from time to time.

My solution? I just got used to thinking in GMT.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Solution:

1. Set your timezone
2. Click submit
3. Ignore the fact that it now says that your in the "wrong" timezone after you've clicked submit, and don't click submit again.
4. Check that you have the correct timezone setting by looking at the recent posts. The time on the most recent post should match your current local time

Whenever you make any changes in your account settings, always set the timezone as the last thing you do before hitting the submit button. Hope it helps.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yep time zone is correct on recent post's.

Many thanks

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Hey, you know, not to diss the site implementation, but this doesn't seem like that huge a problem to fix. I must have seen this question asked and answered a half-dozen times in the last year. Imagine the number of people who just give up and keep the wrong time zone setting.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to alert this post and mention it to staff, as something to perhaps fix on a rainy Sunday afternoon?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I had to set mine two hours ahead in order to get my correct timezone on posts because it kept saying I was two hours behind... try something like that.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've tried to put my current time zone, but couldn't and well, I then just accepted to the idea of seeing my posts with the "wrong time"- hehe

Just saw what Hellmutt post, and will try it-

[edit on 21/5/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i have found the only way to fix this problem, is to actually Emigrate into the timezone mentioned.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Solution:

1. Set your timezone
2. Click submit
3. Ignore the fact that it now says that your in the "wrong" timezone after you've clicked submit, and don't click submit again.
4. Check that you have the correct timezone setting by looking at the recent posts. The time on the most recent post should match your current local time

Whenever you make any changes in your account settings, always set the timezone as the last thing you do before hitting the submit button. Hope it helps.

Yheah that worked

I've always wondered about that a bit - now my posts have the correct time on them.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
hmm ...
I did that Hellmutt, but mine is still not working

new topics

top topics

join