It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Face of Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Lets stay on the subject. He used WMDs to get rid of that problem. The fact that we left them high and dry is not the topic at hand.

I am on subject. That's what happened right. He used WMDs to finish off the Kurds and we did nothing but watch when we said we would defend them. But, now, WMDs are a big deal when there is no evidence of any. That is the scenario right.

If they are trying to get onto a military base without authorization we will use lethal force.

So a cabdriver was driving his cab to try to get on a military base, right? Is that what you're telling me?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I am on subject. That's what happened right. He used WMDs to finish off the Kurds and we did nothing but watch when we said we would defend them. But, now, WMDs are a big deal when there is no evidence of any. That is the scenario right.

That was international politics in action. Our "allies" were content to let him be (since it wasn't a threat to them).

If they are trying to get onto a military base without authorization we will use lethal force.

So a cabdriver was driving his cab to try to get on a military base, right? Is that what you're telling me?

No, you asked if that situation could ever happen here. Stop reading selectively and read the entire post. In the US, if someone attempted to gain access to a base without authorization we would use lethal force to stop them.

In that case, the cab driver ran a roadblock (for whatever reason) and the troops there saw that as a threat to them and acted within the ROEs (Rules of Engagement).

[Edited on 29/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Second, you made a threat. It may have been done in a humorous way, but it is still a threat. BTW this isn't the first time that I have seen you threaten people.

Was there any questions that I did not answer for you yet? If so restate, and I will answer them.

I am still waiting for a couple from you.

In reponse, point made, this isn't the mudpit. Secondly, I threatened no one. I was imitating the persona that i see on screen. I just got an u2u from a member who can see my point and agrees. (You repugnants are so busy trying to trap the Colonel) If I come out and threaten, I will say it in terms that are understandable to everyone.

Now, what's your problem? Can't handle my mide of speech? Can't handle my abrasiveness? Looks like you can't. Looks like you're having some difficulties...but you so love to engage me. What's the problem, COOL HAND?

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

In reponse, point made, this isn't the mudpit. Secondly, I threatened no one. I was imitating the persona that i see on screen. I just got an u2u from a member who can see my point and agrees. (You repugnants are so busy trying to trap the Colonel) If I come out and threaten, I will say it in terms that are understandable to everyone.

You are going to say that you did not threaten anyone, that is was just semantics? Word play maybe?

Now, what's your problem? Can't handle my mide of speech? Can't handle my abrasiveness? Looks like you can't. Looks like you're having some difficulties...but you so love to engage me. What's the problem, COOL HAND?

I don't have any problems with your "mide of speech," just your lack of ability to see what is going on in the real world.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That was international politics in action. Our "allies" were content to let him be (since it wasn't a threat to them).

No. Don't lie. That was the US making a promise to protect, knowing that Saddam had WMDs, and turning our backs on the people we made a promise to. But, now, these mysterious WMDs are an issue.

No, you asked if that situation could ever happen here. Stop being reading selectively and read the entire post. In the US, if someone attempted to gain access to a base without authorization we would use lethal force to stop them.

In that case, the cab driver ran a roadblock (for whatever reason) and the troops there saw that as a threat to them and acted within the ROEs (Rules of Engagement). .

So, when one runs a roadblack, you gotta kill hiim under the ROE b/c he might be a threat, right? That is what you said, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Essentially, from the responses I'm getting from COOL HAND, we just gotta kill whatever moves because it might pose a threat. That's why you see so much bloodshed going on in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will be making giving more pictures here to ats soon it is time for people to see whats really going on. And I am going to give ats a story in the future as to where the weapons of mass distruction are now. Yes it is true that they were moved into syria before the war but thats not where they are now.

Stay Tuned.

Falcon

Give me about 1 more week for lot's more pictures.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No. Don't lie. That was the US making a promise to protect, knowing that Saddam had WMDs, and turning our backs on the people we made a promise to. But,
now, these mysterious WMDs are an issue.

We didn't turn our backs, if so then why did we continue to patrol the no fly zones and launch periodic strikes on him? If our allies would have allowed it (they did not) we would have sent more troops over there and resolved the problem years ago. Since everyone over there is solely concerned with what happens in their borders, they only react to an external threat. At that time there was no external threat to them. Saddam was too busy trying to regain control of his country to try his hand at invading again.

So, when one runs a roadblack, you gotta kill hiim under the ROE b/c he might be a threat, right? That is what you said, right?

You just have to stop him. Killing him is obviously the last resort. We can't sit here and second guess those guys since we weren't there at the time. Could you just let someone drive at you at a high rate of speed and do nothing?

[Edited on 29/4/04 by COOL HAND]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Essentially, from the responses I'm getting from COOL HAND, we just gotta kill whatever moves because it might pose a threat. That's why you see so much bloodshed going on in Iraq.

That isn't what I said at all. Just admit that you are loosing and stop pulling these lame word play tactics.

Can you honestly say that you would not have reacted as they did if you saw the following:
Car coming at you at high rate of speed
Unknown intentions by the driver
Failure to yield to posted signs (in his own language)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case the Kernal is, as usual, so far off the mark it's pathetic. Don't worry, Cool Hand, I know his ilk and ire, and he bothers me not...I simply consider the source. The Kernal is a lonely troll who has nothing else to do but come here and make outrageous, disgusting comments, and insult as many folks as possible every day. He has never lived in the real world, so only knows his own little corner, and damn the rest. If you don't agree with him 100%, you shall feel his wrath.

Fortunately, he's all bark and no bite. He proves his ignorance with every post. When he can't come up with some fresh lie, he simply resorts to tirades of name calling and back biting. Troll, pure and simple....and unfortunately, a moderator. How disgusting. Cheapens the role of the moderator vastly...shameful...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon
I will be making giving more pictures here to ats soon it is time for people to see whats really going on. And I am going to give ats a story in the future as to where the weapons of mass distruction are now. Yes it is true that they were moved into syria before the war but thats not where they are now.

Stay Tuned.

Falcon

Give me about 1 more week for lot's more pictures.

I think we'd all appreciate that, thank you much.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We didn't turn our backs, if so then why did we continue to patrol the no fly zones and launch periodic strikes on him?

So, I guess all those Kurds decided to rebel because "it felt good." They didn't rely on any words from the US? Lie some more here.

We can't sit here and second guess those guys since we weren't there at the time. Could you just let someone drive at you at a high rate of speed and do nothing?

No, but I'm not a cop who deal with that kind of stuff and neither are you.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

That isn't what I said at all. Just admit that you are loosing and stop pulling these lame word play tactics.

But, that's exactly what you said. What's the problem. Be proud of your words, "Cool Hand."

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So, I guess all those Kurds decided to rebel because "it felt good." They didn't rely on any words from the US? Lie some more here.

They decided to rebel becuase they were sick and tired of being Saddam's whipping dogs.

We can't sit here and second guess those guys since we weren't there at the time. Could you just let someone drive at you at a high rate of speed and do nothing?

No, but I am in the military and I think I know a little about ROE's. When I talk about them it is with more authority than you.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You have echoed my sentiments exactly, Shotek. Those pics make me ashamed of this country.

Ashamed? I've seen much worse pictures from WWII, not that any picture of death and war is pretty.

Ashamed? No, you aren't ashamed that Hussein was a threat to us, you aren't ashamed that there are many more that want to destroy us, you are ashamed we defend ourselves.

I am not ashamed of a nation that allows the likes of you to froth at the mouth with your anti-American garbage. I wasn't even ashamed when the last administration did stupid things like blow up aspirin factories and slaughter innocent people in Waco. I am, though, ashamed of individual idiots that place their idiotic politics in front of the defense of innocent citizens killed in planes and buildings, intentionally targeted, and the potential loss of innocent lives in the same manner if we do not destroy the enemy.

War is much more civilized (from us) today than it was a mere 60 years ago when entire towns and cities would be razed in order to kill the enemy. Now, no matter how nicely we get the job done, you have too weak a constitution to protect your own family's exisitence.

Thank God the entire nation has not been castrated, "Colonel".

My rank was a mere sergeant, but my rank wasn't made up; I earned it. I hate to see any brothers at arms die, but I know it isn't for nothing, and I know it isn't for the mythical reasons you assert.

Look at those pictures, Colonel. They are horrible. If we get another weak president, you just might see them again here.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But, that's exactly what you said. What's the problem. Be proud of your words, "Cool Hand."

I said that it was end result of that particular case. I also informed you of how the killing of someone is always the last step of the ROEs, yet you fail to mention that. Do you read the entire posts before you reply?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

They decided to rebel becuase they were sick and tired of being Saddam's whipping dogs.

No, but I am in the military and I think I know a little about ROE's. When I talk about them it is with more authority than you.

(Oh, God, TC is back to help his buddies out against the Colonel)

So they decided to rebel and Bush NEVER promised to help the Kurds against Saddam after the war? Is that what you're saying? Additoinally, does the ROE say to kill a cabdribver when he breaks a roadblock? Could you find me the chapter and subsection?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The soldiers in Iraq don't give a damn about liberating Iraq. They don't give a damn about Bush either. All they care about is surviving.

This isn't even a war, it's just another one of America's world conquests.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

So they decided to rebel and Bush NEVER promised to help the Kurds against Saddam after the war? Is that what you're saying? Additoinally, does the ROE say to kill a cabdribver when he breaks a roadblock? Could you find me the chapter and subsection?

When did Bush ever promise that he would come to their aid? Was there ever a treaty that we signed that said words to that effect?

As far as doing the research for you, give me a break. I will give you the same answer that you have always given me when I ask you for facts: "Look it up."

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"COOL HAND:" Well, to put the LIE to your words, I did a quick reseach on Google:

The US had urged the Kurdish and Iraqi people to revolt against Saddam Hussein during the Gulf War but quickly denied support for the uprising once US military objectives had been achieved. George Bush's rhetoric about waging the Gulf War for democracy is being exposed -- at the expense of the Kurds.

The US government is trying desperately to create an appearance of concern for the Kurds (with the air drops, for instance) while carefully avoiding any move that would allow the Kurds an opportunity to press their claims for self-determination.

The US wants the Iraqi military to remain in control of Iraq (though it would like Saddam Hussein to go so as to provide a cosmetic change). Bush and Dick Cheney have said so explicitly. It does not want to allow the Kurds a homeland in Iraq, because this would boost Kurdish liberation movements which are being repressed by the Western-backed Turkish government.

www.greenleft.org.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join