It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men on road to extinction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Men on road to extinction

www.telegraph.co.uk

Men are on the road to extinction as their genes shrink and slowly fade away, claims British professor Jennifer Graves.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.rsbs.anu.edu.au

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The researcher in human sex chromosomes said the male Y chromosome was dying and could run out within the next five million years.

But Professor Graves said men may follow the path of a type of rodent which still manages to reproduce despite not having the vital genes that make up the Y chromosome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

There is more about Jenny Graves in the last link.

Wow! No more men, how will you women cope???

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well that would be a very sad day if men aren't around.
It's all to do with ying and yang.
We need each other as we compliment each other.

Glad it's 5 million years off though.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Very interesting.

Any news on if women will be able to produce Asexually?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 0010110011101

Extinction to a species is as natural as death is to a person.

Nothing surprising in it, unless one has questionable expectations.
And as we all know, expectations are the building blocks of disappointment.

Plus ... it's not like we're trying to save ourselves.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The article says no. Although it also states that rodents are able to reproduce with no Y chromosome or (SRY).

All - sorry for the duplicate threads.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
How many times are you going to post this topic I see 3 by you already. That's going to get you nailed.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Duplicates are now gone. Please carry on with the discussion of the topic

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sara's Secret will be in full drive!!!

If the business lasts by then!

Five million years, well thats a stretch I doubt humanity would last another thousand lest five million!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Dont you think that maybe its a good thing that we go extinct. If the dinosaurs never did we would be hiding in a hole while godzilla rampages the earth lol. maybe its time for a change anyways

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Five million years, well thats a stretch I doubt humanity would last another thousand lest five million!

Five million years is a long time..

IMO, if we last another two thousand as a species, there will be so much transhumanism and technological integration, gender will barely matter anyway...

If we last for another five million.. God only knows now many different types of branches of humanity will have developed in different solar systems, galaxies etc.. we may even have completely transformed our consciousnesses to technology or learned how to leave our bodies completely.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The researcher in human sex chromosomes said the male Y chromosome was dying and could run out within the next five million years.

Humanity will be long extinct before that point. Either we'll find a way to kill ourselves, something will kill us, or we'll evolve into a different (or multiple different) species. Five million years is quite a long time, considering humanity has only been around for about 150,000 years.

Even so, if his research turns out to be correct, it's not like we can't fix the problem well within that time. We're already starting clinical trials on Gene therapy treatments and our mastery of genetics grows daily. Indeed, look at the progress humanity made in just last century... and then consider the rate at which discoveries are being made is accelerating. We'll likely discover more about the universe and ourselves in the next 100 years than humanity has done in the past 10,000 years.

So... I'm not too worried about the implications of his research.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
5 million years, buwahahah, file this under

"another waste of money given to a "scientist""

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Women had better hope that big hairy spiders in the bath and stiff jar lids have also died out by then...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You know, I hate to say it ... but I'm REALLY starting to believe in a feminist agenda.

I never really bought the existence of male privilege, actually i find it a harder life to live in many ways.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pizzle11
Dont you think that maybe its a good thing that we go extinct. If the dinosaurs never did we would be hiding in a hole while godzilla rampages the earth lol. maybe its time for a change anyways

That is a very evil thing to say.

Yet it's the thing the PTB have been pushing into our heads ... acceptance of our own demise!

The INhumanity!

new topics

top topics

join