It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat level raised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
According to CNN.com and FoxNews.com (I get my news from both sides
) the threat level has been raised to Orange.

Here we go. Let's scare the bejezzus out of everyone. But I guess better a little scared and nothing then no warning and BOOM huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
When it was raised on September 10th everyone expected it..ie. the anniversary of 9-11, Do you think it was raised because we are getting ready to go to war??

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is all part of the plan people.

In a little while you will be begging bush administration to raise the security level.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
of warnings from CNN's site. I get my news from all over, but I think it's ridiculous that they're trying to scare people so bad. I imagine something is about to happen any day now.

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Paranoid side of me agrees with Tyler (BTW is the THE tyler, are you back?) that this is part of some some Orwellian plot to scare us into giving up our rights. The other side of me thinks that this was needed (though I still believe that the general public need not know about it but only police agencies and local/state govs) becasue of the culmination of several things; we are gettingn ready to bomb Iraq and the Hajj is getting ready to start. The combination of these events along with "increased chatter" (still not sure exactly what that means but I am not a gov employee, maybe someone here could explain that) makes the gov a bit uneasy.
and me too.

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by observer]

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
The other side of me thinks that this was needed

Its not that simple.
They mess with your subcnonsiosness. By constantly sending out wornings and other things they wearing public down.

Right now people arent ready for martial law yet.
So they add some wood into the fire, raise threat level.
If we get nuked tomorow and next week the threat level goes up again sheople will "m-e-e-e-hh" for higher security.

ps yes i is back

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by Tyler]

posted on Feb, 7 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Threat level raised...big deal. If a strike happens, it's going to happen regardless of the threat level, and it will only go off successfully if they DON'T know about it...so the threat level is of little consequence. Having been in warzone places before, I simply keep my wits about me, and stay aware of my surroundings, and be prepared at all times. Prepared, not scared...

new topics

top topics

join