It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The body needs a soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've noticed this in the past and was reminded of it tonight. My friend passed away on Sunday at the age of 15 and when I went to his wake tonight I noticed that when I got close to his casket it felt as if his body was trying to suck my soul out. I know it sounds kind of crazy but it has happened on a few different occasions. A year ago my dog had puppies and one died, when I went and picked it up I felt so dizzy and lifeless until I dropped the puppy. Also at two other funerals I have had this feeling. Its a crazy experience and may even sound crazy to some of you, but I can assure you i'm not exaggerating these feelings. Has anyone else felt like this before? What's your take on it?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You should not feel that your feeling are wrong. i am a Physicist, and in my 40's come to realize that we dont know anything about the infinite complexities about life, conciousness, and the great mystery!

I have spent many years looking for GOD thrugh physics and science! But, my opinion is that GOD will let you make reality to be whatever you want!!!!

etc,,,etc.....could go on forever wilth the redundant philosophies....ETC

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I've never felt that before. The only things I experienced at those moments were the sadness and grief. If you experience that feeling then I suppose you are intuitive in that capacity.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When I was in the same situation, I looked down at the body but couldn't sense the presence of a soul. It had flown. Inside I felt completely empty as if I hadn't eaten for days. Not a nice feeling, but not the same as yours.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
First of all, sorry to hear about your friend.

Secondly, it may just be your psychological reaction to being near a dead body. I mean, we all fear death, so being so close to your #1 instinctual fear probably has some very strange consequences on the hamster running the wheel in your head.

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
my deepest condolences on the loss of your friend.

I'm a funeral directing/nursing student, and i've performed the embalming procedure on well over 200 bodies, and have attended countless wakes and funerals. not once have I ever had a feeling (other than the occasional nausea from a smell or what not) other than sadness or grief.

my thoughts on this is that you are caught up in the moment, and instead of crying or getting angry, you felt dizzy- which would be one of the classic symptoms of an oncoming anxiety attack.

hate to burst your bubble, and i'm not trying to offend or upset you, but once the person is dead, there is no possible way the person in the casket can be trying to suck out your soul- unless of course we get into ghosts, demons, etc, which, personally, i think would try to somehow steal your soul, but i know nothing about what kind of person your friend was, so i'm not gonna say one way or the other if it could be a demon, or ghost or something along those lines trying to take your soul.

but i doubt it was your friend's ghost, or your dog's ghost that would try to steal your soul.

my guess is that it is anxiety.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It seems like that you are afraid of seeing deadbodies thats all, hell i would be, my aunt passed away bout 18years ago i knoew her very well but i didnt go to her funeral cos i was afraid might faint or something.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Your all probably right, but something in my mind keeps telling me its more then just being afraid of dead bodies. The weird thing with me picking up that dead puppy though was that I went right for it without being afraid, once it was in my hand all of my energy was draining through my hand. I'm really going to have a hard time trying to figure this out, and I thank you for your help.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It sounds to me that you're sensitive to that 'state of being', for lack of a better term. Fear would seem to include feelings of anxiety and a rush of adrenaline(possible cause for dizziness).

The connection between the 'vessel' and your 'life force' may be what you're feeling. In more scientific terms, you could think of it as trying to gain some kind of 'charge' from you. I don't think it is anything to worry about in either case from your perspective. It may actually be something you may want to explore even.

(Without sounding Morbid or anything)
Some things you may want to try. Always beginning with a feeling of being 'Mentally/Spiritually Aware' of course.
1.) Visit a burial site (Cemetery) and walk around and see if you 'feel' anything similar. Try not to anticipate anything either, just walk casually with a clear mind.

2.) Visit the Hospital and/or Terminally Ill. (Obviously in a tactful way!!)

3.) Visit the SPCA or somewhere similar to see if you experience the 'feeling' again with any animals who've been put to sleep. (Again, this would have to be done in a way as not to come across as a sick-o or something and with tactfulness.)

I'm sure you get the idea and any other examples you should be able to come about on your own and in your own way, if you even plan on experimenting with this possible 'connection' of yours.

One thing to keep in mind also is the fact that there was a 'Personal Connection' to these People or Animals already. That alone would make 'strange feelings' all the more probable anyway. Should you find that you experience the same 'pull or life force drain' from 'vessels' that you have no pre-established connection to, then, IMO, that would show a much more significant possibility of a 'talent or connection' that you could develop.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would assume that it is more likely that your soul/essence was reaching out to the falling ones. Perhaps you should learn to meditate to see if you have a greater capacity for such things.

Don't assume your body is a prison for your soul.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
TeKNo88, have you ever had an out of body experience? Was the feeling you had more like electricity or like stretching rubber bands? Or another thing it could be is that you are a natural healer and don't know it.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If anything I'd say it's a "dead battery" effect. If you have a battery that is completely dead and connect it to a good battery, it will drain the new battery quite quickly. It may be that your soul is not stable in your body for some reason. I'd definitly recommend some Shakra cleansing exercises... if it doesn't help with the soul-sucking part, it will definitly make you feel better and let you think a bit more clearly than before. Your body will thank you for it!

Other than that, I really couldn't tell you anything else without being able to be near you (I'm an empathetic psychic). I guess I could also suggest visiting a local "spiritual shop" and asking one of the owners about it. They will probably tell you to do some shakra cleansing as well, but they may also be able to tell you a bit more of what's going on.

Just remember that all of us that post aren't right... and we aren't wrong, either. It may just be some mental block type thing, or my idea may be right... one day someone will have an idea of what is going on that will "click" with you.... you will know absolutly that it is the right answer. Good luck, and I wish you the best!

new topics

top topics

join