It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia votes to ban piercing of female genitalia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'd just like to state that if anyone tries to poke a hole in my poker that I can set up quite a fight.

I think this is just another big waste of time. If people want to perforate their naughty bits, I think that it's a personal decision. If they try to perforate my naughty bits they better be ready for a knock down drag out donnybrook.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Not only is this a waste of taxpayer time and money, assuming it wasn't one of those bills slipped in at the last second of another more important bill, but this is a ridiculous infringement of rights.

Appeal this in court, get it stricken and fire those idiots.

[edit on 8/29/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The ban was aimed at female circumcision (foreigners slicing up the genitalia of their infant daughters, or in one case a guy here cutting up his 5 year old daughter).

The way it was worded it ended up banning piercings and such too.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I assure you that if you want your parts pierced in Georgia you can.

Just because there may be a law forbidding an act doesn't mean people won't break the laws.

It is illegal to smoke dope in Georgia. That hasn't stopped anyone from imbibing in the herb.

You cannot buy or drink alcohol if you are under 21. It is sold and consumed by those under 21 everyday.

It's against the law to go over 45 mph on the highway I use to go into the city. I usually do 60 mph until I hit the city limits. I'm not alone either as I'm just keeping up with the traffic.

I do not advocate breaking the law but I am a realist and do understand that laws are broken in every state everyday.

As stated earlier this particular law was to protect young children and women from female circumcision.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I know this thread is old, and I dont know who bumped it, but i'm glad they did.

Its time for our goverment to stop trying to control every aspect of our lives.

Free country? It may have been 200 years ago, but the path America has been on, I dont see how this can be fixed. You have Obama, who is promising all these changes. Way too many promises.

This is a guy thats just now coming into the light. We are so desperate for someone else as President, we are ready to settle for anything.

Granted, Ive gone a little off topic here, but the US is pretty much on the road to destuction, and I dont see it changing.

B.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
An old thread, that I'm not sure who bumped. Having lived most of my life in Georgia it doesn't surprise me a bit.

Try getting a beer on a Sunday outside the cities of Atlanta, Columbus, and Savannah (probably a couple of others too). And not only are the convenience stores not allowed to sell beer on Sunday, but in most of the non-metro Atlanta cities that can serve on Sunday, it has to be after Noon (ie when church is over) and only at a restaurant who derives more income from food sales than drink sales.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

On March 28, 2003, a Muslim gas-station clerk from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, named Khalid Adem was arrested and charged for aggravated battery and cruelty to children. Gwinnett County prosecutors alleged that in 2001 Adem had used a pair of scissors to remove the clitoris of his two-year-old daughter in the kitchen of the Duluth apartment Adem shared with his wife, Fortunate.

Personally I think the law is overkill. Cutting up someone with a pair of scissors would be illegal under ANY circumstances, so I don't see why they had to make a new law in response to this case.

Unless they were trying to address those people that send their kids overseas to have it done, I don't know if the law goes that far.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silQ

I haven't read past page 1 of this thread ( sorry in a rush ) but I have down there pierced ( I'm a male ). It did not hurt one bit. I actually did it myself with a 14 gauge sterilized needle. It has its benefits...
but I do not enjoy it on a female. I am a person that firmly believes in body modifications ( I have/had quite a few) I find this appalling. Government regulating what you can and can't do to your body. This sickens me.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by energy_wave
I can see it now... Excuse me mam, we are the vigiana police. Would you please lift your skirt so we can see if your breaking the law?

<< 1  2   >>

join