It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this isnt a compatition before anyone asks im just interested in this ... imagine u are a counter terrorism commander comander and you the choice to pick your team from any where in the services and to arm them with what ever they need.
i want to know is this

who would your recruit (i dont mean who as in specific people just where and why please)

what equipment u use ?

what weapons would u use?

if this is far too fague let me know plz

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Myself, quite simply. Only me. Too many heads and mouths, too many different brains, I trust no ones judgement by my own.

Id use old assasination weapons like daggers with poison, blow darts, things that dont go BOOM because that attarcts too much attention.

And Id simply hunt them down and kill them in thier sleep. Id never create a special forces to do it. I would prefer to hunt them within thier own shadows and let death be the most fearful: the death they can never see or hear coming until thier faces turn blue and they choke to death.

Never give them a face of an enemy they can spot and hunt down, let thier doom be as intangible and invisible as the air they breathe.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
umm i was actually meaning a kinda swat unit not an assain unit but umm what ever floats your boat man!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I know exactly what you meant.

And id not recruit a SWAT type unit. Upon hearing that terrorists have been found in such and such an apartment in say, berlin, Id be dispatched to sneak into thier house at night and cut thier throats. Plain and simple. or poison them in thier sleep.

Terrorist training camp? the need water, dont they? Poison the water.

When the terrorists can see thier enemy, they learn how to avoid it. But when death starts striking them unseen and they have no clue who or what is perpetuating it.........

There is fear. Psyops and pest elimination, all wrapped up into one very evil package

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
yeah thats a plan
do u work for the CIA or someing?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Skadi my dear little dark elf, real life may prove to be more complicated than just going in and poisoning the bad guys. Eliminating the bad guys is not really a big problem for any first world nation is it?

Even the French can do that...

Finding the bastards seems to be the biggest problem. Killing them.. well, not so tough..

Variable

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i take it this isnt getting any where is it?
seriosly variable what would be ur dream swat team

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

who would your recruit (i dont mean who as in specific people just where and why please)

I would recruit geordies and scotish people, because they really are tough bastards

what equipment u use ?

I would use equipment suited to the situation, eg - shotguns sub machine guns in close range encounters, rifles and heavy machine guns in open areas

what weapons would u use?

I would have my forces use the enemies weapons so to confuse the enemy, and to stop any ammunition shortages. Also, they would carry 2 LAW's per person (alot of extra wieght, but needed), and use grenades of the white phosphurous, HE and smoke veriaties.

This is all assuming that the force is designed to take on any enemy it comes across.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
wow nice
the laws would be kick ass in combat but a bit of overkill never killed anyone ......well except the guy u shot at but no one else

do u guys want me to say what kinda mission it would be to narrow it down a bit?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
do u guys want me to say what kinda mission it would be to narrow it down a bit?

yes please, then I'll be able to give specifics

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
ok youv just been told that a terriorist camp is located in say the hills of baveria
there are 30-40 tangos and no hostages or civies in the area.
the ground is soft grass and has lots of mountains
the terrorist are heavily armed with ak 47's,aks 74u's and some m249 saws
your mission kill or incapacitate any and all terrorists

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
thanks for the simple scenario

I'd sit a man roughly 3k away with a pair of high powered binoculars, direct line of sight to the camp and a radio, then radio in for air support or an artillary barrage. The few survivours (if any) would die of injuries.

Of course, if i was to attack by ground, I would use the hills to place a .50 machine gun team (2 men) that would provide very heavy covering fire, whilst the remaining members of the section closed in (a section consists of 8 men, for those who dont know) using pepper-potting to cover the distance quickly, and eliminating enemies whilst on the move.

Once at close range, white phosphorous and HE greanades would be used to clear any building and enemy strong points, whilst the team (armed with AK47's) would quickly clear buildings (after grenades are used) and would eliminate any survivours, perhaps taking 1 or 2 back with them, for interrigation. The attack would be conducted at around 3am, when the enemy is getting tired, and would be over in 5 minutes if all goes to plan.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That scenario is too easy.

I would send in a spotter team to confirm that they are there and to call in with the GPS coordinates.

Then I would flatten the area with an alfa strike. Since there are no hostages, there is no need to send in the force to clean them out.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
u want a harder one ?ok
mission : deep blue crisis
target : the RFA grey rover
situation: the RFA grey rover has been captured by a force of about 60 tangos there at least 45 hostages with a comfirmed 5 dead crewman the ship is anchored just off the icelantic coastline and well within reach of reykjavik airbase
objectives :
1 resuce hostages at all cost
2 elimate hostiles
secondary objectives
3 secure the boat
4 capture leader if possible
also you have less than 20 hours to complete it ha !

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You dont need a SWAT team to track them down either. In fact, you need low visible people. You dont need a bunch of guys to kick in doors and make arrests. You simply need to assasinate them. SWAT teams are for when they have hostages or are holding a building.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
ok your going to sedn one man against 40 armed terrorists once one dies they will know they have an assain among them and they will be paranoid and get real jumpy so your element of suprise is gone
also a single operative is very effective in some cases theres a saying "one man can do more damage than and entire platoon" but one operative has equal chances of survival if some 1 sees him hes seriosly screwed

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
send in Dev group for that one probably

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

u want a harder one ?ok
mission : deep blue crisis
target : the RFA grey rover
situation: the RFA grey rover has been captured by a force of about 60 tangos there at least 45 hostages with a comfirmed 5 dead crewman the ship is anchored just off the icelantic coastline and well within reach of reykjavik airbase
objectives :
1 resuce hostages at all cost
2 elimate hostiles
secondary objectives
3 secure the boat
4 capture leader if possible
also you have less than 20 hours to complete it ha !

Okay, then you need to fill in the following blanks before we can proceed:

1. Where in the world is our starting point?
2. Are there schematics available for the ship?
3. Any intell on the group (tendancies, affiliations, etc)?
4. What is the water depth where they are?
5. What time of day is it?
6. Any available delivery assets in the area?
7. Nearest friendly forces?
8. Nearest staging area?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ok easy version
Okay, then you need to fill in the following blanks before we can proceed:

1. Where in the world is our starting point? =reykjavik airbase
2. Are there schematics available for the ship? no
3. Any intell on the group (tendancies, affiliations, etc)? this group is a right wing paramilitary force that want to bring an end to the united states ,tendancies are for quick agressive action also thier leader is very impatient no known afflictions or weaknesses apart from being a small relitivly new force
4. What is the water depth where they are? about 100 feet
5. What time of day is it? 2300
6. Any available delivery assets in the area? several lynxs and merlins waiting at reykjavik airbase and several rigid raidors for boat insertion
7. Nearest friendly forces? nato airbase marines (mostly us marine infantry)
8. Nearest staging area? umm dont quite understand that do u mean nearest BOOP

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

8. Nearest staging area? umm dont quite understand that do u mean nearest BOOP

Where is the nearest place where this "team" can assmeble to conduct its pre-mission brief?

Also, are there any submersibles available?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join