It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

El Pasoans see UFO in Sunday night sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

El Pasoans see UFO in Sunday night sky

www.elpasotimes.com

A bright hovering light had El Pasoans staring at the sky Sunday night, wondering what the Unidentified Flying Object was.

The El Paso Times newsroom received at least a half dozen calls from curious residents.

Tony Olivares of the Lower Valley said that at first he just thought it was a plane landing, but when the light was still there 10 minutes later, he ran to get his binoculars.

"It looked like a huge heart," Olivares said. "It was something very silver and very, very bright. It just stayed there. I watched for about 45 minutes and it didn't change."

But as the sunset gre
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I think this video is one of the best videos i have seen in a while. Nice and clear.

It appears the article is leaning towards it being a weather balloon that was let go by what appears to be a neighbouring town. Their local weatherman said "it was not theirs" and even links to the gps tracking chart of the balloon let go.

I personally think it looks like we can see three engines from the under side of the aircraft.

www.elpasotimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just thought i would update this. It appears nothing out of the ordinary.

That UFO Sunday Night was a Weather Balloon

A BRIGHT OBJECT IN THE SKY SUNDAY NIGHT HAD MANY RESIDENTS WONDERING IF IT'S THE START OF THE WAR OF THE WORLDS.

ACCORDING TO THE EL PASO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT THE U-F-O WAS ACTUALLY A WEATHER BALLOON.

FRANK KIELNECKER WITH THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW MEXICO SAYS THE BALLOON IS NOT ONE OF THEIRS, BUT MAY BE FROM WHITE SANDS OR HOLLOMAN AIR FORCE BASE.

HE SAYS THEY SEND WEATHER BALLOONS TWICE A DAY, BUT THOSE ARE MADE OUT OF LATEX RUBBER.

HE SAYS THIS BALLOON APPEARS TO BE MADE OF A MORE REFLECTIVE MATERIAL.

THE BALLOON MOST LIKELY WAS COLLECTING DATA ON STRATOSPHERIC CONDITIONS.
Source

Sorry about the all caps but that was what the article used.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

that is no weather balloon. It may be terrestrial, but it isn't a balloon.

El Paso has 2 interesting features:

1. The desert to the south and east.

2. White Sands Missile Base is very nearby. Ft Bliss is inside El Paso city limits.

Having lived there for awhile (and having many family members there) you see strange things on occassion. Often, it is attributed to White Sands.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is one of the first videos tht i actually DO believe was a balloon. The shape is really unmistakable.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It was a weather balloon.

I saw it, it was more over Las Cruces than El Paso.

Again I saw it, and I have a friend that looked at it through a 60x spotting scope.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow, that's pretty crazy! I'm from EP actually.

I wasn't outside when this occurred, so I didn't get a chance to see it. Here I am always hoping to see a UFO and I missed it! lol.

I do remember getting worked up over a weather balloon during the 90s when I was younger. I remember it got everyone excited back then.

top topics

join