It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

diamond orbs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm posting this here because I guess this is where orbs are usually talked about. I went to visit Tintagel in cornwall last year (it has links with king Arthur) and I noticed that on several of the pictures that I took there were these diamond shapes .

these are in the order that they were taken. The first two from a cliff top and the last one from the bottom of the cliff

a close up from each picture.

I don't know if this is just an effect of the digital camera that I was using, but I've never had this happen in any other photo's that I've taken with it , and I just thought it strange that when I got closer to the bottom of the cliff the shape in the picture is bigger. I would be grateful if someone could tell me what this could be.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Its hard to tell what they are. From a distance the look like glare or the sun shining through a hole. The close ups, do not. Very intrsting pic, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
yeah it's the close ups that have made me give them a second glance, because they look concave as if they are flying through the air.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Let me take a guess, were you using an Olympus digital camera? I think these diamonds are created due to the sun's reflection off of the lense.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
they were taken with a sony cyber shot. it wasn't a sunny day in fact it was quite misty. I thought it might be water vapour and like I said, it was only due to the way the close ups look that I thought it was odd.
I wasn't going to post these because I wasn't sure there was anything out of the ordinary but I thought why not hear other opinions.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It is lens flare. You get the diamond shape because that is the shape of the internal diaphragm

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
It is lens flare. You get the diamond shape because that is the shape of the internal diaphragm

Try taking some pics of an actual lens flare and see how they comapare pantha. Should prove whether they are lens flares or not I think.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
thanks for the reply howard. I did wonder if it was just a digital camera effect although it still looks odd that you get the apperance of the "things" moving when seen in close-up.

Also to Faceless, that's a good suggestion, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to reproduce what showed in my photo's or how to cause lens flare.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
thanks for the reply howard. I did wonder if it was just a digital camera effect although it still looks odd that you get the apperance of the "things" moving when seen in close-up.

Also to Faceless, that's a good suggestion, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to reproduce what showed in my photo's or how to cause lens flare.

just take a picture of a dark, even toned subject with the sun shining toward you. keep the sun just out of the edge of the picture. try a number of different angles and orientations untill you get it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If you note that your pictures were of relatively dark subjects, the flare was caused by the brighter skies off to the upper right of the picture.

google lens flare.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.orbsbybean

go to the gallery, nice photos. But I found this one on the site

www.orbsbybeans.com...

looks like your orbs. Not to informed about these things but I found this photo nice

www.orbsbybeans.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
thanks for the replies, I had a further look at the site that you linked to Yngwie and there is a whole section devoted to sony cybershot cameras

www.orbsbybeans.com...

I think that pretty much clears it up for me. Nothing really out of the ordinary about my photos. Just down to the camera.

new topics

top topics

join