It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travelling

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by panachronic
if a place is 20 lights years away , measured from the earths reference frame, and you traveled there going at .5 c then it would take 34.6 years.

34.6 years (perception of the pilot), and 40.0 years (perception of people on earth).
Yes indeed, and the closer you get to lightspeed, the less it will take for the pilot, but for earth it will always be 40.0 years.

Imagine you could cross a distance of 20 lightyears in a few days, and come back to earth 40 years later.
This is not fantasy.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hi,

Kinda hard to explain such advanced things via a forum, but here I go:

Well, as far as I noticed, most of the replies are based on "What would happen if Time Travelling will someday be a success". Well, I'm just a guy that dissagrees with all those that thinks the Time Machine will be created.
With time, more theories appeared, but yet, every one of them are against one to another.
Some time ago, I saw a documentary related to "The Possibily to travell through time". Which here, more theories were discussed. Such as:

-Past / Present / Future are all different worlds (Which exists in this very moment)

-Present only, Past has been erased and yet, the future is unpredictable.

And the last one, we could go back in time, but also the whole world, erasing the present.

Well, the last one has it's probability more increased than the others, but yet, this one reached to be impossible as well.

My comments related to the last theory:

Let's "Just" say that somehow the Time Machine will be created, which you can go back in the past. I reached to one conclusion here. The ONLY way to go back in time is to actually make the WHOLE world to somehow "reverse" and for it, to rewind everything that have happened, without the others knowing that they were actually turned back in time.
If this theory is correct and you're the one that's turning the world back in time, then how could the whole world turn back without you?
Here comes the 1st theory interefering: In every second of our time(even less), there is another world, let's say that I'm walking my dog, if this theory is correct, then the worlds in the past should follow my exact steps (Unless you change that) and if somehow you'll be able to go back in time and change the "2nd" me, making him not to walk the dog, then that shouldn't affect me, I should still walk the dog in continue, even if the past was changed.

I mostly agree with some that posted here. "Going in the future?" Well, that's kinda impossible without affecting you ageing...
Yes, with the speed of light you'll be able to decrease the normal time, and ONLY for you, the time will run slower. But that doesn't mean that you can go to the Future and then come back and say what's going to happen.

Mostly of you seem to have this way of thinking. Such as: "Once, we thought that we cannot fly, and voila...The Elicopter was invented (And others). And now we cannot travell but yet, with time and improvements, the time machine will be invented). That's non-sense.

NOTE: Too many movies affects science people as well.
NOTE2: Aliens exists

Best regards,
Dracon.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
From all the theories that i`ve heard, i agree with the one that states that mans nature is to destroy. And i`m quite sure, that if man does invent such a thing called a time machine, i doubt it`s purpouse would be just to change some nasty events that happened in the past. Just think what you could do with such a machine, bring advanced weaponry from the future as an example. Indeed this would have loads of advantages thinking of the technology that we could find..but just think of the disadvantages and chaos that this will cause. I personally belive that man will arrive at such a point where creating such a thing will be possible, as there are things in present, that we wouldn`t even have thought of having, some years ago, but i do think that along with this discovery, will come some unwanted events. Just my houmble opinion..

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Jakko, could you post a link that can verify the experiment where it was found that molecules increase in size as they move faster? Unless by 'get bigger' you meant weight characteristics or something else.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join