It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERMINATOR SALVATION Launches New Ratings System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I watched Terminator Salvation today and after I do my location shoot on Monday on 05/18/2009, I will put it up on ATS Media. I have finished all the pre-production, so it will be just in time for the upcoming release on Thursday 05/21/2009 for the long Memorial Day week-end.

I have devised a simple Ratings System now that will accompany all future review video shows.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/646f4c61a40c.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for all your support. I think you are really going to like what I did for this one.

Dave

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Looking forward to your take on this film, Dave.

Living down here on this wee rock has definate advantages, however we have no theatres. I'll look for this movie in rentable DVD ummmmm.... EEK! about 2012.

Appreciate your taking the time to critique the films. I have a list of films I want to see, and one thing that chaps my hide is being on a list of people who want to rent a newly-released movie, FINally getting it, and then settling down with beverage and snacks only to find out it is a rotten movie.

Wish I could give it the "bad book treatment". I pass on all books I read to the Humane Society, so they can resell them, make a little bit. Really crappy ones, I tear them up in a fit of angst.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can't wait either. It should be a decent film. I doubt I will go on the 21st the first day it is released but I will go see it soon!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"They will play this in hell"

I imagined this being said in the voice of the Grim Reaper from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Good rating system. Sometimes I don't care about all of the little things critics nitpick. Sometimes it just comes down to, is this an entertaining film I would like to spend my money on?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

That is true, Bill and Ted is just awful...

Also, I often find myself disagreeing with the major movie reviewers like siskel and eebert or eebert and roeper or what ever it is now.

I always try to go to a movie with no expecations. I make up my own mind.

For the record, I though the new star trek movie was pretty good.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Four rabbits up on the new rating system. I plan on seeing this one on the big screen as well. I've always loved the Terminator franchise.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well.... without tipping my hand..... It Didn't Suck!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Good rating system. Sometimes I don't care about all of the little things critics nitpick. Sometimes it just comes down to, is this an entertaining film I would like to spend my money on?

Mine is plain and simple.... Is It Worth The Money & Time... Period!!

As I have said before, analyzing acting techniques, scripts, directing and all that BS may be a critics tools in trade..... but it isn't worth the time to read it or listen to it if the movie Sucks to begin with as far as Entertainment Value.

When Siskel & Ebert were a team, I use to enjoy their show on a Sunday evening. About 75% of the time I would agree with at least one of them..... but I have never let a Mainstream Media Movie Critic ever deter me from seeing a movie for myself. The purpose of my reviews are to watch it and let you know if it's worth your Time & Money to see it on the Big Screen. That will always be my bottom line.

Dave

new topics

top topics

join