It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all fools who thinks Russia is falling apart.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
Although the primary investors such as the Rockefellers and Rothschilds pulled out their investments shortly before and after Glasnost and Perestroika (the end of communism of the USSR), Russia has done well with itself in terms of reconstruction.

It's quite typical of those bastards to back an oppressive regime such as Soviet Communism, but if they get even a whiff of possible 'freedom', they pull out.
Didn't they also back Nazi Germany and Uncle Joe Stalin ? They truly are a reprehensible bunch of chancers.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Russia has the most powerful tank and helicopter force and the most reliable weapons. I mean the ak-47 is better than the current m-16.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
10,000 DECLARED nukes in the US inventory. Thats not accounting the thousands we "forgot to mention". So, what u see of the US inventory is, well, what we have actually declared.

I dont get the reson for this thread though. What does Russia's capabilities have to do with anything? I wasnt aware anyone thought they were falling apart ot weak. of course, they will always remain a possible threat to us, but one that can be put on the back burner, because we have more immeidate threats on our doorstep, like china, the middle east, NK, ect. Worrying about russia is a waste of time. They have plenty of other things to preoccupy themselves with.

I will have to agree though, on the economic front, Russia still is very weak, which is why they continue to take monetary handouts from the west, for now at least.

I doubt anyone thinks Russia is falling apart, maybe 7 years ago, yes, but not now. That is, anyone who matters knows.

Flanker.........Uninen, is that you?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoMrAdE_IvAn
I wanna say that for people who follow all of this type of conspiracy crap... you sure are ignorant about russia's strength.

Got a clue for you, fool, this conspiracy crap has nothing to do with not knowing. On the contrary, because I am into the conspiratorial world, I already knew the "Russia is no longer a threat to the free world" crap was nothing more than that - crap.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Their econcomy is rising by 4% which is about second to china's booming 8%.

Great comparison!

Listen young man. If you start out of nothing you can easily achieve like 4-10% growth.

2% growth in the USA is still a lot more than 8% in China. It is relative, not absolute.
People always use relative numbers where only absolute numbers really get the facts straight

But beside that. Is there any connection between Russia's falling apart and it's military strength? It is basically one of the only things you named on this topic.
So Russia's only strength and favour is it's military?(that's how I understand your post).

Poor country that is.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

It's quite typical of those bastards to back an oppressive regime such as Soviet Communism, but if they get even a whiff of possible 'freedom', they pull out.
Didn't they also back Nazi Germany and Uncle Joe Stalin ? They truly are a reprehensible bunch of chancers.

That's correct, my friend. The same Rothschild crew funded both the Zionist and Fascist movements in nazi Germany, whereas the Rockefellers had more investments concentrated within the Bolshevik movements and the Georgian known as Josef Stalin.

And again, that is also absolutely correct. They are a bunch of reprehensible bankers with no end to their greed.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am amazed that someone else sees the clear picture of the cold war! I thought I was the only who understood the power , intellect and history of these really TUFF people.

We only won a battle in the cold war, and the rusians are now reorganizing!!!

China and Russia are the nations that worry me.....they silently sit in the background while we flex our muscles, which are clearly wearing down!

China and Russia will make minced meat out of this Islamic (HOLY WAR)! They are not concerned with liberal opinion, and popularity stats! They will just go in and obliterate their enemy....history has and is repeating itself....I am sorry to say that we got a little to arrogant!

But there is hope! The black operations projects may tilt the scale!!!! I really laugh at you liberals hoping for the new age. Sit back and watch the worst wars in the history of the human race unfold......

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There is an obvious connection when we "win" the war, and then pour tons of money into that nation so that they can fund their military.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Flanker.........Uninen, is that you?

i am his friend.. he no longer visits ats.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Extreme liberal left wingers who are against anything that is government are fools and many of them believe in conspiracy crap.

Im a realist and i never deny rumours but i never believe them.

To the others. You should see how many ignorant people out there think an average moscow citizen can't afford toilet paper. No matter how weak the russian economy is... they can crush anyone around them and play a giant part in international politics.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

I wanna say that for people who follow all of this type of conspiracy crap... you sure are ignorant about russia's strength.

Got a clue for you, fool, this conspiracy crap has nothing to do with not knowing. On the contrary, because I am into the conspiratorial world, I already knew the "Russia is no longer a threat to the free world" crap was nothing more than that - crap.

Nah... its the other way around... the Western world is a threat to Russia. Everyday an Ex Soviet nation falls under western influence. Russia will not follow.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ivan, do you ever consider the fact your former republics side with the west because THEY DONT LIKE YOU? Its not like you left them with many fond memories.

From Ukrainians to Poles, Lithuianians, ect, seem to be joining the west and the EU to spite thier former masters.

I had always heard the Russians competed with us in the paranoia market, you kind of prove it.

As far as the west is concerned Russia is and still will be a threat. One we stupidly fund.

You think America is agressive and dommineering? Jesus, the Russians have had a 1000 year head start on us in the oppresion department.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ukraine hasnt joined the West. I mean most of Europe dislikes America.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Russia has more weapons and sometimes better weapons than the US.

They have 5000 choppers
mostly made up of Mi-24's,Mi8/Mi17's, though they have around 50 Mi-26's, 8 Ka-50's and a few Mi-28's.

Armour... Russia's best strength 48,270

1,200 T-55's
2,200 T-62's
4,300 T-64A/B
9,700 T-72L/M
4,500 T-80's
120 T-90's
150 PT76 Light tanks
2,200 BRDM1/2 recon
12,200 BMP 1/2/3
700 BRM-1k
1,000 BTR-50's
5,200 BTR-60/70/80
4,800 MTLB armoured personnel carriers

artillary is about 25,307

Nuclear Missiles is about 28,000

Their aircraft is around 5000

Their econcomy is rising by 4% which is about second to china's booming 8%.

ALSO ABOUT CHECHNYA: The war is basically over. The chechens have lost and their leader Bersayev is dead. Just Russia is angered over pankisi Gorge.

you for get that an M1A2 can engage anything form the T-55 to T72 out side there range of fire. so most of those tanks are a waste.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Russia has quite an arsnel and a pretty comphrensive air shield.

Someone from another group posted something saying that in the past year alone there have been many intrusions into Russian airspace. Interesting? Guess it's hard to cover a country of that size. I will have to look into this more.

I doubt Russia enjoys that, especially now that it's neigboors are NATO members.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
CoMrAdE_IvAn,
Care to address this and what is all the concerns addressed within it?
Reality Check: Russian Defense Minister says....

I'd be interested in your opinions or thoughts on this.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
20,000 Nuclear weapons?

I was under the impression that most of the Russian Nuclear arsenal was...lost?

I also think Russia is an awesome power.

There are still dozens of Communists in the Russian government who are working to resurrect Mother Russia.

[Edited on 4-29-2004 by Illmatic67]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I hate your reply system in this forum...

BTW that is BS propaganda. All other news sites tell of Russia's military advancements. If they are so.... BAD then why can they continue projects like the SU-37 and build Tu-160's as well as their latest nuclear missiles?

Also for that tanks thing... Quantity is a quality of its own

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I hate your reply system in this forum...

BTW that is BS propaganda. All other news sites tell of Russia's military advancements. If they are so.... BAD then why can they continue projects like the SU-37 and build Tu-160's as well as their latest nuclear missiles?

Also for that tanks thing... Quantity is a quality of its own

Well said Comrade,

Too much "America is the strongest" propaganda out there.

Not sure about the 20,000 nuclear weapon count, but it is close to actual amounts. Rememmber folks, nukes were shipped out of places like the Ukraine back into the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War.

The reason why people think Russia is still in chaos, is because they do not brag constantly about new advancements.. they quietly build up, an excellent strategy.

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I sorta dissagree with the quantity over quality. THEY HAVE QUANTITY AND QUALITY. Imean their tanks and choppers are great, powerful, and very reliable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join