It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Has 'Robust Plans' For N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
(CBS) The United States has "robust plans for any contingencies" involving North Korea, including military action, the White House said Thursday amid a flurry of criticism from Democrats and talk of war from Pyongyang.

Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said there is a "real cause for concern" over North Korea's assertions Wednesday that pre-emptive attacks on its nuclear facilities would trigger "total war." He said President George W. Bush still believes North Korea's nuclear ambitions can be curbed peacefully.

"This kind of talk only hurts North Korea," which faces international isolation, the spokesman said. "That's the real cause for concern ... but we always have contingency plans."

Link - www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The North Koreans are idiots. They need to realize we have every important target in their backwards country targeted for destruction within 24 hours of a fight. I honestly believe their leader is messed up on drugs.

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't think he is on drugs but the few things I have read about him or seen on 60 Minutes or whatnot leads me to bellieve that he is not running s communist country so much as a giant cult. This guy is all about the cult of personality. The people are fed propoganda constantly. Nice how he feeds them propaganda but not food, that is religated to his higher ups and his military. Odd short man with a huge hairdo and wicked ugly glasses.

[Edited on 7-2-2003 by observer]

posted on Feb, 6 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You have to figure that we are already posed to fight N. Korea...probably nuclear submarines with nuclear and standard warheads waiting in the seas surrounding Korea...plus a good amount of air support from carriers. Iraq and N. Korea are in for a good "pounding"...American forces are not going to let the neighboring countries around N. Korea be infiltrated either...no way...no how. Why is N. Korea throwing "war words" soley at America and not their neighboring countries?....Hrmm?....because...they are "pussy-footing" around...just like Saddam...N. Korea is stalling...thowing slander our way...finding a common enemy for the "brain-washed" third world countries. While in the meantime...they build bigger and more deadly weapons. They have already showed relentless rebelliousness toward any type resolve to the problem...and they will continue to until they have killed numerous Americans. They threatened us with a pre-emptive strike today...little do they know...U.S. forces are in waiting for them to lift a finger...when they do...their "total war" will become their total annihalation.

top topics

join