It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Combinations that you Never Tell Anyone You Like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Put this in the siller than silly-walks forum, mods.

I've been a liar my whole life, I'm afraid.
My father used to tell me not to lie, so this defiance of my ego and expression of my sometimes innermost thoughts is dedicated to him.
See ya soon pops.

Italian Dressing On:
potatoes, toast, and occasionally cereal. It is actually my preferred potatoe enhancer.
Sometimes salad.

At this exact second i am eating ground beef with bullseye dressing mixed with bbq'd potatoes and i'm gonna top it with peppercorn ranch dressing cause i'm out of Italien.
I'm in phenomenal shape by the way.

Kraft Tartar Sauce:
I do not work for Kraft. All other tartar sauces crumble under the onslaught of flavour that only the one true sauce de tartar is able to unleash.
I will not have fish and chips without Kraft Tartar sauce. I've actually not eaten fish ordered out because the waiter thought it was kraft but it wasn't, which angered me because i didn't even want to taste the fish at all. I have my rights.

I will put Kraft tartar sauce on anything made of meat except for steak, as I will not subject myselft to blasphemy. Great with chips, and kraft dinner noodles when you already ate the cheese from your last box cause you came home from the bar and needed more cheese in the second last box.

Dill Pickles, and dill pickle juice.
The goal of dill pickles with garlic is to be eaten quickly and efficiently as to allow the purchaser to consume the garlic juice in tiny sips.

Chips
this is not so much as a quality thing, more like a quantity thing. I DO currently and historically without a lie for the past 6 years eat an entire 235 gram bag of them per day.
M'lips luv chips.

That's enough honesty for me right now, I can barely meet your eyes. Please don't judge me, join me, and we'll meet the eyes of the world with defiance.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by heyo]

[edit on 16-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm a little embarrassed to admit but I'm kind of partial to sardine flavored ice cream. And sitting by the crackling fire on a cold winter evening with a fat chick sharing a hot cup of cofturd is totally awesome. What's cofturd you ask? It's half dark Columbian coffee and half mustard.

Give it a try. Fat chicks dig it too.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm in no way surprised that they do. I like sardines and i like ice cream, but that is as far as i can go with you on that one.

Let those of you without taste buds cast the first stone.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I admit it.

Most of my friends know that if I had the finances to do what Andrew Zimmer does, I would, though with less shellfish (I'm mildly allergic and don't really like the taste except for some good lobster).

It was fun at a recent church event everyone was asked what the strangest thing they've eaten was. What was interesting is how little of what was said I found odd.

Goat cheese (really?)
Grasshoppers (great on chocolate)
Meal worms (kinda nutty flavor, again, good on chocolate. Haven't had them on their own, but I'm game)
Goat (didn't even know it existed as something you could buy in the US, but now I'm looking...)
Ox tail (makes great soup, but is rather fatty for my tastes on its own)
Raw octopus (never even thought of this, but found it at a French-Japanese fusion restaurant a couple days after the person mentioned having eaten this)

I like tart, and I like firm consistency. The most delicious slimy goop can make me gag (never want to try oysters), but the foulest flavor gets one or two additional tries before not eating more.

Probably the weirdest thing I've eaten was some beef I made after watching Bizarre Foods. In the episode, he ate some raw fermented pork that'd been stored in a bottle and described the flavor. It sounded great, he said it was like salty lemony beef. So naturally I sliced a steak into about 1/8th inch strips, covered it all in sea salt and went back to watching bizarre foods. After about 20 minutes, stirred it about and covered the salty beef mixture with lemon juice and let it sit for another 20 minutes. Then the whole concoction went into a pan and simmered for about 30 minutes, until the beef was well done. It was great!

Other bizarre normal foods for me:

Dripping with vinegar BMTs from subway with feta on em

Doritos with sharp cheddar shredded on top and then broiled (add Cayenne pepper if I'm in a spicy mood)

Wasabi (horseradish dyed green, technically...) with a dash of soy sauce for my sushi (the goal is a greenish brown paste)

Swiss fondue with 2 tablespoons of garlic, about a quarter bottle of Tabasco, 1 tablespoon of red wine (typically Burgundy), some ginger sliced paper thin so it's translucent, served with green olive sourdough

Popcorn with lemon pepper and Parmesan

Feta cheese with Beano's Italian sub sauce on it

Pickled garlic (some will have some pickles in it, too, but primarily we make em with full cloves of garlic, dill, 1 or 2 jalapenos, and something else I can't recall in the brine...

Mustard (learned that one in high school when I didn't have enough money for lunch -- it's good on its own! With coffee, though... The taste combination in my mind is one I don't enjoy, and they tend to be accurate. I work at Starbucks, though, so it'll be free to try...)

Well, that's all the unusual I can think of. Now I'm off to have a normal snack of Triscuits with cheddar and garlic summer sausage. I hope... Unless we're out. That'd be a bummer.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

My friend, you are right to give homage to these things.
Feta cheese is something that will never last in my fridge either. I can't believe that pork tho that sounds risky!

I like your marinade tho with the beef for some reason. Lol, and speaking of marinades, the best one's in my memories are the random concoction of four roommates worth of hand-me down, half-empty spices and dangerously old sauces that are lost in translation into the tupperware. With beer in it.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Doritos on PBJ's

Dipping cashews in honey mustard

maple syrup on fried eggs

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

hahah awesome. My 100 things to do list is gonna include some of the things you guys are saying. The egg'sn'syrup i've done before, but that's just cause i put the eggs in after i cook the bacon.
I may do the doritoes and pbj on a dare, but it's easy to say that now.

Let's keep telling the electrical signals from our taste buds to our brains that we love them!!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I are going to be making feta cheese shortly after she gets back in town next Saturday. I was just going on a random wikiventure and came across cheese recipes. It's like a whole new world was opened up!

Something else I have to learn to do is make my own pasta. Was watching an iron chef where Kobe actually integrated his pesto sauce into the noodles themselves. Looked delicious and sounded brilliant. All kinds of ideas with what to flavor noodles, and then I can just carry them around in a baggy and have a cold snack any time I feel like without the mess!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

That's almost too good of an idea. I'm tired of having to go to crappy fast-food places for lunch all the time. We're in the elements so it's either too hot or too cold for brought lunches to stay in their place. They become beligerent; sandwiches freezeing into wichicles or melting into what looks like last nights fun in a bag....how'd he do that anyways?
did he expand the noodles then submerge them then somehow keep it tasting good?

Such things are not meant for the minds of men, but still we yearn for the truth.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
He made them fresh from flour, eggs and some other things (Iron Chef doesn't do much for letting you know how to make the dish) and mixed em with the pesto sauce. Then I believe he briefly dipped them in boiling water with some herbs in it. To serve them, he lightly sprinkled olive oil on there with a few herbs as well (don't remember what).

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have a couple things I eat all the time that people find strange.

Cantaloupe melon, but it must have salt on it to make it taste right to me.

How about large curd cottage cheese with pineapple chunks and banana mixed together. These are things my mother gave us as kids and I've continued to eat them all my life.

One other favorite is whole wheat toast with Feta cheese and sliced raw jalapeños, then you top it with scrambled eggs for a nice meal anytime of the day. I also never have bacon and eggs for breakfast, that's strictly an evening meal around my house.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Cheddar cheese dipped in maple syrup( but I'm Canadian eh?)
Kraft dinner with peas..loved it since I was a kid
Wendy's Chili...not weird you say? hold on....I bring it home, cook up a pot of instant rice and mix together.Lasts for two meals, and the rice addition offsets the ..um.."negative" affects of chili..lol
I often will mix the chili with mashed potatoes too....
* Laughing cause I can hear Crakeur choking on the carb content of my diet..lol

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Miracle Whip. Not mayonnaise, it HAS to be Miracle Whip. Turkey sandwiches especially, absolutely require Miracle Whip.

Triscuits with cheese, microwave for 20 seconds then drizzle hot sauce over them.

Blind Robins.

Penrose hot pickled sausage.

Take a little of the drippings from a broiler pan after cooking a steak and drizzle them over bread. Add a little maple syrup.

Yeast doughnuts and redeye gravy.

And yes, I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Triscuits with cheese, microwave for 20 seconds then drizzle hot sauce over them.

Ever think of throwing em on a cookie sheet with foil on it (easy cleanup, foil comes right off and isn't hot so you can take the whole shabang, crunchy cheese and all, to wherever you're going to eat) spread your triscuits on there and broil em for 3 to 5 minutes (less if the cheese is thinner)?

I personally like crunchy more than soft, which would be the difference between the microwave and broiler. Otherwise, those are delicious!

I do one with a little bean dip, shredded cheddar and some hot sauce on top and broil em. mmmmmm tasty

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
On a different note, this website has inspired me!

www.justgamerecipes.com...

Especially the parakeet recipe (I wonder how many trips to the pet store for 12 parakeets would take place before they started to grow concerned?), the polar bear steaks and the tiger recipe. There are a lot of good ones there tho!

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I have a really gross one that I dare anyone to try.

Aussies love our Vegemite, except I have a taste for Vegemite and Banana sandwiches. It grosses out everyone I know...lol.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
lol!!! This thread on the egullet website is clearly my favorite thing ever. But now I can't remember what mine are!!!!

I used to like creamy italian on potatoes until they discontinued my favorite brand.

Cantaloupe with cool whip.

Popcorn with chocolate or paprika.

Celery with cocktail sauce.

Cheerios and peanut butter (makes teeny sandwiches, awesome)

Chips and old bay (learned from my bf)

Anything and Ramen (also from the bf)

Wasabi and soy sauce is totally normal!

Cantaloupe or pumpkin ice cream....

Tomato soup with goldfish crackers (also pretty normal)

If I think of more things I'll post.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Dill Pickles, and dill pickle juice.
The goal of dill pickles with garlic is to be eaten quickly and efficiently as to allow the purchaser to consume the garlic juice in tiny sips.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by heyo]

When I was little I would drink the pickle juice right from the container in the refrigerator.

I also love the juice that comes with olives.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Doritos on PBJ's

maple syrup on fried eggs

I LOVE those combination's!!! So good. And sweet pickles with peanut butter. Gorgeous!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
french fries with mayo

tuna sandwiches with apple and red onion

scrambled eggs with gravy

this might sound gross but I can't help it...fried spam with mustard.

cream corn instead of tomato sauce on my pizza

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join