It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's reason for organized religion-And why only truth matters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Being raised christian, yet having my most glaring moments with god outside of the realm of conventional religion, I was once frustrated with the seemingly endless contradictions in the bible.
I'm not talking about mistakes in lineage, or seemingly senseless interpretations of God's specific directions throughout the history of the bible such as "don't eat pork". I'm talking about The Saviour. Much of the argument about christianity today lies in the various ways people portray what Jesus was saying.

For awhile now, I've been thinking that organized religion (I will speak of christianity mostly, as i'm versed almost solely in that particular one) is kind of like training wheels.
You can ride the bike, but eventually you get frustrated with how slow you're going. A man can pay his tithe for only so long before he really begins to question what it is all for, if there is any hope for him anyways.
I believe that once the world was ready for the training wheels to come off, Jesus arrived.

You will notice that I'm also implying a certain evolution of the human psychy, or consciousness, and that is exactly what i believe to be true.
To put it bluntly, I beleive the kingdom of heaven is exactly what some seemingly crazy people are talking about when they speak of information and knowledge that they have, but cannot find a source.
In essence, I propose the universe is as follows, and that Jesus did too (the vids are only 2-3 mins long):

Intelligent Universe
Inelligen Universe2
Intelligen Universe3
Intelligen Universe4
Intelligen Universe5

I believe that the commandments were necessary to allow the themselves basically to become almost second nature to us, in essense, a part of us. And as more and more generations followed these commandments, or tried to, it became more and more ingrained in our DNA. The function of this? To allow us to begin understanding things like the power of perception, or how good thoughts manifest themselves and so on.

All of the following are direct quotes from Jesus in the NIV.

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near." Matthew 4:17
-Get your balance, cause the training wheels are about to come off????

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17
and
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees AND THE TEACHERS OF THE LAW (emph. mine), you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:20
-It is good to have the training wheels, but they are not enough???

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7-8
-This implies, along with many other verses, that it will become extremely easy to create whatever we want.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. BY THEIR FRUIT YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THEM" Matthew 7:15-16 (emph. mine)
-I see the beast, or nwo, or whatever, attempting fuse those training wheels to all mankind.

"How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them?"-If you had it right, I'd be here-"The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast" Matthew15
-This and a couple other verses I hold as evidence of the false claims of organized christianity. The bridegroom has been taken from the guests. Yes, Jesus was being talked to about fasting, but he knows that there are no new things, they only change form whether it be thoughts or solid objects. His metaphor, therefore, is extremely far reaching. There is no such thing as context if you know what you're talking about.

Does anyone else know what i'm talking about when I say that everything we experience is just our state of emotions/thoughts as we create the experience?

A thought from Jesus if this seems like blasphemy to you:

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-
A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD"
Matthew 10:34-36

I always knew it was THE TRUTH that would indeed set us free.

DENY IGNORANCE

[edit on 15-5-2009 by heyo]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would encourage christians and all people to take a look at these videos and then read Jesus words ONLY, in that paradigm. There are many verses in the bible relating how our thoughts, in the positive form, can influence the chain of events, somehow, mircaulously. does it really seem so miraculous now, tho? Myself, I'm expectant, but I am also uncaring of the outcome, as the outcome, or the answer to the question which is "what is the purpose of everything", will by God's law eventually be answered through faith.
This is a huge topic, intertwining christianity with what some say is 2012, alien awareness or whatever. I look back on an addiction i had years ago, and wonder at it's purpose, and the events that took place caused a small voice, a whisper of intuition, to reply to me "you must give credit where credit is due". That used to frustrate me. Now it might be making sense.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
im paraphrasing because i cant get a direct quote

"we shouldnt have a negative view of the world. but some people say "but look around you, things are bad."

but since when is a negative viewpoint more valid than a positive one"

i think this is were abstract thinking hits reality... like a wall.

its like being on the edge of a storm. you can enjoy the smell of the fresh air thats coming in along with the nice breezes, but the storm is still coming. if you dont make yourself aware of the negative, you can get negative things happening to you.

positive and negative are not paradigms. they arent polar. you cant think completely negative and have a healthy life and you cant do that with the positive either.

negative feedback tells us when something is wrong. when something is wrong, acknowledging the problem helps us to find solutions to that problem or challenge.

the fact that so many people think negatively is not a product of habit. its because something is seriously wrong with humanity, and that wrong needs to be addressed.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
is kind of like training wheels.
You can ride the bike, but eventually you get frustrated with how slow you're going. A man can pay his tithe for only so long before he really begins to question what it is all for, if there is any hope for him anyways.
I believe that once the world was ready for the training wheels to come off, Jesus arrived.

I don't see it that way. Take me for instance, or the saints who are million times greater then me. We are Catholic. going to communion and rising to perfection in dilligence and prayer never becomes tiresome but it actually improves our bike riding skills and we become experts so to say. And we see the fruits of the dilligence in our souls.

one saint said.

" I will never waste another moment for God "

dilligence is the test, what we do with our time, and that same saint because of her work ethic, never grew triesome and her faith became a reality no longer faith but proof from what went on in her soul.

and so jesus came not because the training wheels were comeing off in terms of faith, but the training wheels of the hypocracy of the high preist and to establish the new sacrafice is why he came.

but anyways, you sound pretty deep, and so deos Miriam, good post miriam.

peace.

top topics

join