It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Hubble Mission Live!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just found this link on Fox News site and have been watching this for the past 15min. Wanted to pass on the link!

www.foxnews.com...

Hubble Camera Installed | PHOTOS | WATCH LIVE

Right now, they are making a repair on the outside. Very interesting to watch & listen to communication between the astronauts and Houston

[edit on 5/14/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've been watching it live on the NASA channel. It's mostly just showing the helmet cam, but now and then there are views from other cameras.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic
I've been watching it live on the NASA channel. It's mostly just showing the helmet cam, but now and then there are views from other cameras.

I have NASA TV too - which I watch from time to time.

I know not everyone has it, so I wanted to post the link

Here is a screen shot - kind of cool to see the astronaut in the reflection of the Hubble telescope

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3feb9359f494.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow. What a view they have! One of the astronauts thought they were seeing Baja CA.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d7558509395.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5/14/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That's a good link, thanks for that

Amazing the dexterity they have in those suits given that it's basically a pressure vessel and all... Love the little mirror on the wrist, gotta check how cool you look when your on the TV

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
been watching most of the morning. hoping for a bogie shot.
pretty systematic how they work. also love the artifacts you hear in the audio stream (sounds like sticks hitting together).
-- sounds like bad karate movie fighting and astronaughts.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by zooplancton]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

Out of curiosity, is it 'live' or is there an intentional couple of minutes delay for when those pesky bits of debris do a U turn or start flashing on and off?

Surely NASA wouldn't risk it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Internet streams are always more delayed than their TV counterparts. If you're lucky enough to have it available in your cable (I'm not atm) then it's as live as it gets, but why would NASA care if you happen to see some debris? It happens all the time.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
it's not "live" per se. they are streaming clips. because you can rewind them.
it's almost live.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I checked the time during launch... and I am looked at the shuttle screen just a few minutes ago and there was a 20 second delay from actual time thru NASA TV via DirecTV.

The Hubble mission was pretty good today and the they covered every second they had Ku band access on the ground.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by mapsurfer_]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne

Originally posted by zooplancton

Out of curiosity, is it 'live' or is there an intentional couple of minutes delay for when those pesky bits of debris do a U turn or start flashing on and off?

Surely NASA wouldn't risk it?

Haha that made me die laughing! Anyways i was wondering the same thing. Dont they worry about any "Debris" Making right angle turns decelerating and accelerating in the background?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mischief2013Dont they worry about any "Debris" Making right angle turns decelerating and accelerating in the background?

No because Jim Oberg is here to set us straight on that debris

top topics

join