It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allegra, Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
TekNo88,
People can develop allergies over time. Most people come to Virginia (where I live) allergy free, but as soon as they have been here a few years, they usually get them!

I've been in Virginia six years and have yet to develop allergies. I'm one of the lucky few (or my allergies have yet to come : ). Most people's allergies here are definately caused by the pollens though - you can tell. Cars get caked with the stuff during spring, most of it is usually yellow. The only effect I get from the pollen is irritated eyes (most people have the same problem).

Do I have any allergies? Well, I have one. When I was around 12 years old I developed an allergy to stick deodorant - I haven't been able to use stick deodorant since. I used to be able to use it fine, but over time (a year or two) I noticed that my armpits started to get very dry, red, and itchy - rashes. It doesn't matter what stick deodorant I use, I still have the same allergic reaction. Anti-perspirant gel is the only thing I have been able to use since then (not that I'm complaining or anything - it works great! : ).

I'm sure it could have something to do with a person's immune system strength. A person who has a weak immune system, or develops a weak immune system for one reason or another, is usually more susceptible to developing allergies. Also, the human body can only take so much of one thing! If its something your body can't handle, your body is going to give you it's reaction. :-D

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Pharma Co.'s are playing on the health-conscience public in general.
They know most are lazy and watch way too much TV. MMMM....marketing heaven! Got a problem? Take a pill. Sex life need a kick? Take a pill. Sad? Low self-esteem? Take a pill. Allergies? Take OUR pill. As far as I'm concerned...all these new psychotropic and "life-enhancing" drugs are, for the most part, crap...utter crap and targeted at the weak minded that are too lazy to do research, look at the problem logically and work on a natural solution. They are convincing that aforementioned public that it's so simple...just take a pill and all your troubles will improve.

Most allergies are caused by the weaking of your body's natural resistance/immune system. All the chemicals you use around the house (cleaners, deodorizers, bug killers, perfumes, wash softeners, etc.) through constant use, contribute to defeating/impairing your bodies ability to resist simple particles/germs. While the body will adapt, it was not DESIGNED for this amount and type of constant chemical exposure without consequence.

Natural improvement/cure of non-life threatening illnesses/allergies:
It will take some time and research about natural ways to clean/disinfect/deodorize/eat but you will start to see a difference almost immediately in your allergic reactions as well as improving health and less ailments/illness.

On a side note:
Alot of sex and a little dirt and dust in the household is good for your body's system in the long run! So get out of the house or into the bedroom, have some fun and a bit of exercise and skip the household chores abit more often...Enjoy Your Life...you can't take it with you when you die!

Step One: Throw out ALL chemicals used for cleaning, deodorizing, disinfecting, perfuming, etc. Do a search for natural ways to clean your house, clothes and other household items. You'd be surprised how well simple hot water works for most things. Deodorants and perfumes can be found in many fruit oils. I use a fresh orange, lemon, and lime oil mix (10, 2, 1 parts respectively) for deodorant. AND...the women I meet love the scent and the novelty topic has started a few new relationships.

Step Two: Eat ONLY raw fruits, vegetables, grains, legumes and drink purified water for the first two weeks. The benefits here are detoxification and a huge dose of all the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to get back on the road to recovery.
Death to that lethargic feeling! Following those first two weeks slowly incorporate one food at a time from your normal diet and see if you have a reaction. Obviously, the more natural the food the better it is for you. Ever see Mac and Cheese or Hamburger Helper growing from a tree? An adult cow sucking on another cow's udder? Coffee or Coke/Pepsi flowing down a mountian stream? I die laughing at all the idiots out there pawning their unhealthy diet plans on the public. How does the public common sense fall for this #e?

Step Three: Get out and Enjoy Your Life! Do something physical that's fun in place of cleaning the house or car, etc. In the long run they are only THINGS and chasing after the almighty dollar will make you miserable and unhealthy. The target here is to HAVE FUN! And put a smile on it! Anger causes illness. It's a fact. Make the effort!

It really is that simple...nature has a way of healing itself and you. So...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT or just sit back on your couch, watch another kommercial, take a pill and...well...I'll come dance on your grave when I'm 110! Me...I'm going to the beach!
Best of life to you all!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by s.o.r.r.y.]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hmm interesting. I haven't moved, for the record. Although when I went to England last summer my allergies went really crazy.

Been living in California all my life ... same place for the past 14 years, too.

Ooh! Although I do want to say that NyQuil is the only thing on this planet that actually tastes like red and green.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A little info of this and claritin for those using:

There are no animal or laboratory studies on the combination product loratadine and pseudoephedrine sulfate to evaluate carcinogenesis, mutagenesis, or impairment of fertility.

Male mice given 40 mg/kg had a significantly higher incidence of hepatocellular tumors (combined adenomas and carcinomas) than concurrent controls... The clinical significance of these findings during long-term use of loratadine is not known.

Somnolence, tachycardia, and headache have been reported with doses of 40 to 180 mg of loratadine... in large doses... may give rise to giddiness, headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating, thirst, tachycardia, precordial pain, palpitations, difficulty in micturition, muscular weakness and tenseness, anxiety, restlessness, and insomnia. Many patients can present a toxic psychosis with delusions and hallucinations. Some may develop cardiac arrhythmias, circulatory collapse, convulsions, coma, and respiratory failure.

www.rxlist.com...

Onto Allegra:

ALLEGRA ODT contains phenylalanine, a component of aspartame. Each 30 mg ALLEGRA ODT contains 5.3 mg phenylalanine. ALLEGRA products other than ALLEGRA ODT do not contain phenylalanine.

Well, you know what that means::

www.allegraisnotsafe.com...

[edit on 20-11-2007 by anhinga]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join