It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Fighter U.K vs U.S.A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.ufc.com...

Enjoying the current series.:bash:

It's showing quite a cultural difference,surprisingly the UK showing a little more 'team spirit' so far,U.S members opting for the 'lone wolf' approach.

Coaches?

Michael Bisping ..
has been embarrassing so far.
Too mouthy,cocky,arrogant in the wins,decides not to show when he fears a loss(slept in???? sheesh.. bullocks excuse)
I hope he improves his sportsmanship as he makes me cringe whenever he opens his mouth.
Trying to play a psychological game?remains to be seen.

Dan Henderson..
Perfect gentlemen,gracious in his defeats as well as his victories.
A couple of catch up wins looks like pulling the team together so far.

I really like this guy.
The team?Not so much.

Certain members shooting mouth off about 'hurting people' and 'knocking teeth out'?
kinda had an ironic finish didn't it!!

No bets on favourites yet.. It looks like it'll be a close one all the way.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Bisping's first lost was by Evans, so I'm sure Henderson is gonna give him hell when they step into the octagon.

I've watched all the TUF's since season one, haha...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm afraid Michael Bisping is tossing all his US supporters and fans into the garbage because of the way he's acting. I loved the guy when he was a competitor on Ultimate Fighter....he was fair, classy, friendly and reasonable.....now that's been almost erased by his attitude as a coach this season.

He's going to regret the way he acted when he sees his US fans and supported turn their back on him.

I mean even factoring in a tolerance for realizing he's very proud of his country and fighters he is still WAY over on the negative side.....shame.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ooo another convincing win for the Brits.
From a local boy too

Very impressive win,but also have to give 'props' to Richie Whitson.
An infection kept him out of training for a week,but he still looked pretty sharp and dangerous though.
You always felt he could have turned the fight with a good connection from his kicks,against which I think Ross Pearson should be working a little better defence.

Loved the tennis match as the coaches challenge.
Henderson won convincingly..
Seems like Bisping was a little quieter too... except when he chose to misunderstand a comment about his 'milk bottle' legs(the English version of 'band aid' legs in this context)

Did anyone else read between the lines and foresee another 'drama' over Jason Pierce's sore foot and a possible 'bottle out'?

NO-ONE dances around like he does over a bruise,c'mon

I thought he was trying out for a guest spot on 'Days of our lives' the acting was so bad.

My solution would be to pair him up against David Faulkner,since he hit himself in the shin with the sledgehammer

That way he won't be able to blame his inevitable defeat or withdrawal on the injury.

More cracks in the American camp,Jason Dent looking like he's not coping well with the idea of 'teamwork'.

So glad this series is another good one,there's nothing else to watch on TV except Two and a half men.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
One of my closest friends was up for this series but had to miss out due to a problem.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've watched every season of TUF, until this one. I've wanted to watch it.. but each week I seem to forget to set a recording. When the season nears it's end they always run a marathon, so I'll watch it then.

I was never a fan of Bisping.. always despised him. But when I watched him live in Montreal at UFC 83 I was really impressed. The guy is a monster and is a true professional. I haven't watched this season to be rubbed the wrong way by the guy.. but in recent months I have become a fan of the guy more and more.

But I am a huge fan and have always been a huge fan of Henderson.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow,just caught up on the last two episodes after being out of touch for a while..

What on earth has happened to the UK team's conditioning??
Last 2 fights they ran out of steam after 1 round.!!!

Respect to the USA team for pulling together..and Frank Lester for stepping up whilst being pretty beat up.

Knew Jason Pierce was gonna chicken it.
How Lester could train with him standing in the corner telling him to 'push it' I honestly don't know.

Looks like the US team is going to let him know what they think of him in the preview for the next episode though
:bash:

top topics

join