It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Outraged by Son's Arrest Reportedly Knew of His Web Stardom for Phone Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Mom Outraged by Son

www.foxnews.com

When a North Carolina woman accused the federal government last week of abusing the Patriot Act to imprison her teenage son for allegedly making bomb threats, the mother's allegation caused quite an uproar, including calls to free 16-year-old Ashton Lundeby.

But a new report by Wired News suggests that, not only was the teenager an online superstar in rogue tech communities for his prank phone calls, but his mother may have known all along that the boy was conspiring with others to make bomb threats.

Lundeby, known online as "Tyrone," allegedly had progressed into selling his services
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-5-2009 by jd140]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Looks as if this kid isn't as innocent as most here had thought. Apparently he has been paid to make bomb threats to several schools and his mother knew about it.

He is well known on YouTube for prank calls. And was turned in by someone in Australia who was aware of what he was doing.

Of course many will dismiss this article because of the source.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It just goes to show that there is usually another side to the story.

IF this is true and the mother knew about his "prank calls" and they
did indeed turn out to be bomb threats (even if they were pranks)
then IMO, she should be charged for aiding and abetting.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The beekeepers got him, he just couldn't resist that honey jar of cash.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
interesting, i did sorta assume he and his mom was guilty because of his 'they stole my ip' soundbite -the computer analysis would have shown any trojan hijacking him and his router being hacked would have been done by someone close -they would have found that guy too and thus we would have heard how it was done... not saying it's not possible (that would make me an idiot) but the way his mom described it was sorta suspect. What was it alex jones, coast2coast i forget where i heard her making an 'impassioned plee' but it wasn't that convincing.

I take it the internet now knows who he was on youtube? i never heard of a tyrone doing pranks but maybe i'll recognize him if someone can link to some vids plz.

oh and most importantly ---- Who on earth is paying him to make bomb threats??? kids from the school they want closed for a test? really? sounds sorta unlikely to me....

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I did figure there was something off about the story. But it doesn't excuse how they arrested him.

He shouldn't have been arrested and stripped of his rights, he should of been given a trial by now, he should of had a right to counsel.

It's still wrong that this was how it turned out. If he was a prank phone caller, he should of been brought to trial and then thrown in jail to be taught a lesson.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

oh yes you're quite right, while i agree he was probably calling in bomb threats this doesn't give them the right to treat him like he's subhuman - next thing we know they'll be saying that protesters, vocal critics and honest reporters are in breech of the same kind of freedom of speech nullifying crime....

i certainly don't want to live in a world where black choppers lower people down on ropes, grab me and take me to some containment facility in cuba because i spoke out against american policy - this is a step into that world.... oh wai- what's that noise brb

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is why you wait for the full story before you get all up in arms and go into fits of blind rage.

I'm just saying.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It seems to me that this is just a kid that went too far with his jokes. If he made multiple bomb threats and they know he was paid to make them then surely it shows that he was just a prankster and not a real threat.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm in full agreement with NatureBoy and Miraj on this one.

The issue is not whether or not he's guilty. That should be up to a judge and jury to decide. The fact that he's being stripped of his rights through the Patriot Act is where the real scandal lies.

It's time for congress to repeal this obvious breach of the constitution.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by milesp]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1
It seems to me that this is just a kid that went too far with his jokes. If he made multiple bomb threats and they know he was paid to make them then surely it shows that he was just a prankster and not a real threat.

-Cauch1

Real threat or not, making a bomb threat is a felony crime.

As with all things I am sure we aren't getting the whole story. He might have had an arraignment and denied bail. He might have a court date for a little further down the road.

I posted this article for the soul reason of sharing a little more then just the one side of the story we were treated to a few days ago.

I'm sure more details will be made public soon enough.

top topics

join