It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified objects in South London right now. Any help guys?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The kite theory was bad, because of how high these objects were, it may not appear so high in the pictures, but if you were there you could tell it was really high and really far, it was really far because of the misty look that far away objects get, such as buildings, which gives less clarity.

OK there was something none of us thought of before.

A helicopter dragging some sort of sign or object!

Today I went back and saw something that shocked me! But then the more I looked at it, it seemed like the dot was a possibly a helicopter and the other thing, which was square this time, was a sign of sort. (Advertising in the air!?
)

It was more obvious that it was a sign this time because it wasn't snake like and was square shape with some pattern or writing on it.

So I'm guessing the over ten dots I saw yesterday hovering around for over 2 hours, were possibly helicopters! And the snake like objects were something being dragged by two of the helicopters?

Anyway here are the pictures of this new object/sign.

If you look carefully you can see the dot(helicopter?) in front of the sign, and the sign looking like it's getting dragged by it.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Mystery solved? At least now you have a decent idea of how far it was, and how big the objects where, helicopter looking like a dot, and the objects being much larger showing the shape.

Out of curiosity, if anyone has seen this or knows about it, could you tell me what the sign says? or what's on it? Thanks!

Here is an example of a sign.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d9c5b2e92ab.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Whereabouts in South London did you see this?

They could concievably have been helicopters (although in my opinion they don't really look it); the Royal Navy is doing all sorts of helicopter maneuvres about the Capital to celebrate 100 years of Naval Aviation.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FMLuder
Whereabouts in South London did you see this?

They could concievably have been helicopters (although in my opinion they don't really look it); the Royal Navy is doing all sorts of helicopter maneuvres about the Capital to celebrate 100 years of Naval Aviation.

What do you think are helicopters?

I'm not saying the snake things are helicopters, I'm saying the dots I saw hovering around was, and were possibly dragging a sign/object(snake looking thing) along with them.

Anyway I said in a previous post that I'm near croydon/ streatham area.

But from the hill I can see to all the way past clapham junction area, I know this because I can see certain buildings that I recognize all the way from here. So who knows how far or where these objects are.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Ive found something interesting with a bbc documentary. It clearly shows UFO's emerging and shooting into the upper atmosphere during a violent electrical storm. They are shot in clarity and there are a few of them. Can anyone explain what they are? U can see them 21.50 mins into the doc. Please take a look!

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by manofsteel

Hard to tell, but the video was in fast forward, it could be a plane, it could even be stars.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by manofsteel
U can see them 21.50 mins into the doc. Please take a look!

www.bbc.co.uk...

Some sort of electrical phenomena associated with that cyclone I'd say.

There will be huge friction forces in and around that cyclone, it might be that the easiest way to discharge the resulting charge is via the stratosphere.

Probably some sort of ball lightning / megalightning occurrence.

Of course it could be those pesky Orion Slave girls buzzing us for lulz, let's not forget them!

-m0r

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

yeah dude they fly this past our building in London often but it's OBVIOUS - the sign is massive. They also would'nt bother with South London as it's not seen by enough people and that sign causes a lot of drag on the helicopter which would need to re-fuel soon. They fly these around the City for about 45 mins or so I think, and I've never seen two at the same time. I dont think this is what your pictures are capturing.

Sorry, didnt see you had posted new pics - the new ones are definately the advertising helicopter - it's normal in the City - though not very frequent. The adverts change all the time.

[edit on 5/11/09 by mortalengine]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortalengine

Sorry, didnt see you had posted new pics - the new ones are definately the advertising helicopter - it's normal in the City - though not very frequent. The adverts change all the time.

[edit on 5/11/09 by mortalengine]

Ah yeah thanks, the snake ones are definetly more mysterious, because I was also seeing over 10 dots (helicopters?)
Might be some kind of event..?

Anyway yeah from the hill I can see very far, so it's no wonder I can see these advert things. Thanks!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm originally from South London and used to be in the kite flying scene (oh, yes..there really was/is one.). These look a lot like kites to me. The more recent posts look a lot like a "Cody Warkite" (used to be used for observation during wartime). Google "Cody Kite" in images and you'll see what I mean. Or, it's a variation of that style of box-kite.

The kiters would fly a kite on any piece of ground that would allow it! Plus some that don't. They are...how should I put this....eccentric. This part of London is known for having many parks/commons, so they only have to see a patch of green to go 'tight lines'.

I'm going to call kite on this one.

There's a very reputable kite store in Wandsworth that will have a lot of resources to help identify these. The store has been there for years, and is a haunt of some of the kiters mentioned above. They may even know who was flying them.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Surely if they are helicopters, you would have heard them? I work in south east London and we can hear them a mile off and that's with all the other noise polution and racket going on. If your out in the sticks a bit then i don't think helicopters could be that elusive.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Surely if they are helicopters, you would have heard them? I work in south east London and we can hear them a mile off and that's with all the other noise polution and racket going on. If your out in the sticks a bit then i don't think helicopters could be that elusive.

I'm 100% sure they were helicopters because of the last picture showing an obvious sky ad, and they were way further than a mile away.

They were not normal kites I am sure. WAY too high also.

It's not a couincidence the next day I saw the helicopter ad thing in the same area, it must a be regular thing.

I think you guys are not getting the feel of how far these objects really are, the pictures I show are REALLY zoomed in haha. And still the helicopter barely shows up in the pictures.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hi Pheonix,
So how far away would you estimate the helicopters were? We get them all the time around where i live in Kent and to be honest they are a bloody nusence. Where i work in Southwark, they go over all the time. I mean you can hear them, even when you can't see them.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by happinness]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
Hi Pheonix,
So how far away would you estimate the helicopters were? We get them all the time around where i live in Kent and to be honest they are a bloody nusence. Where i work in Southwark, they go over all the time. I mean you can hear them, even when you can't see them.

I'd say 5 miles or more, I can see buildings etc that I know are at least 5 miles away.

The only reason I can see these objects was because I was on a hill.

from any other place, they were impossible to see.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I tired to edit, but it wouldn't let me. Just heard another pesky helicopter in the distance. What a coincedence? Better get my tin hat on!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
One hoverred over my house once, from around 6am till late into the evening. Where i was living at the time was a bit rough and there were ppl standing on their garden walls doing mooneys at it. Safe to say it was a small one, you know like a domestic one. So how could it do that with out running out of fuel? It wasn't remote control or anything and was far to far up to be anything like that. Wait for it..it was red with blacked out windows. One of my closest friends popped round that day and he still mentions it these days, as even he was astonished. His friend qualified as a helicopter pilot a few yrs back and my friend went up with him. He told me they can't stay up ther that long! I mean you just can't miss them..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07
reply to post by _Phoenix_

They look like kites is there a breeze or wind enough to fly a kite? I've never seen balloons that shape before.

This is my thought as well. A kite is the only thing I can thing that these MIGHT be...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join