It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified objects in South London right now. Any help guys?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Are you sure they are not Dragonflies?

The area where you took the pictures,seems to be close to a river or stream,as i am pretty sure that i can see some Giant Hogweed in some of your pictures.(I may be wrong about that.Could you verify please?).

I visited London a few years ago,and i was absolutely gobsmacked by the size of the Dragonflies there! Kind of like minature Alien helicopters!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Are you sure they are not Dragonflies?

The area where you took the pictures,seems to be close to a river or stream,as i am pretty sure that i can see some Giant Hogweed in some of your pictures.(I may be wrong about that.Could you verify please?).

I visited London a few years ago,and i was absolutely gobsmacked by the size of the Dragonflies there! Kind of like minature Alien helicopters!

I am 100% sure

I don't think there is a river close, but there is a pond behind me.

Also these objects were definetly very far away, (compare it to the picture with the plane I posted on the bottom of page 2) I had to zoom in a lot, I don't think I could see a dragon fly all the way behind those trees and houses haha, unless ofcourse they were GIANT dragonflies! noooooo!

But really these objects moved too slow and they were there for like 2 hours in the exact same spot moving around, and I had to get all the way to the top of the hill to see behind the trees and houses to see the objects, also remember the snake/worm like movement.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Okay,thanks for getting back to me!

Mega interesting photo's in any case

Hope we can get to the bottom of this one!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

But I'm leaning towards something normal, because it must have been there for a long time, if it was a ufo, I'm sure we would have heard something in the news right?

Hi there! In regards to the quote above...not neccesarily.
Why expect the media to give an objective opinion on anything, unless it suits the current agenda.
Years ago I had a late night sighting of three distant objects in clear night sky, with 15 or so witnesses. Some refused to see, others rationalized, about 4 of us chose to watch.
One of the group decided to call the Airforce next day to enquire...dumb move (as I told him not to bother anyhow.)! Ridicule and denial.
Yes, I am waiting till my next sighting; yet there have been many times I've misproven myself- sighting a blimp (with video advertising on the side was a good one).
You've got to be truthful only to yourself. Dont wait for the appraisal or confirmation of others (until you have something that will really blow their socks off; ala: Martin Stubbs).

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Look a little like small swarms of insects from a distance in some ways. Bees and wasps will be migrating to new nestst at this time of year. I'm not stating that as a diagnosis, just a suggestion.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Yeah I was just thinking that after I posted.

Also quite a few people walked past me, and they had no idea, of course it was far away, but still most people barely ever look up to the sky lol.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944
Look a little like small swarms of insects from a distance in some ways. Bees and wasps will be migrating to new nestst at this time of year. I'm not stating that as a diagnosis, just a suggestion.

Thanks for the comment, like I said, these objects were way too far to be insects( I had to get on top of the hill to see them past the far away trees and houses, they moved like slow worms too.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

They look like tadpoles mate.... freaky indeed...

Interesting stuff all the same... Hmmmmmm

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No. I mean each object looks like a small swarm itself.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by d60944]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Kites, different type of kites with long tails, can be manouvered quite a bit.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by d60944

Yeah......Get real!!! Why not throw ICE-CRYSTALS in there for good measure

Did you actually look at the photo's?
They must be some pretty big bugs- to be seen that far away.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
i would agree with the above poster by saying this looks like a swarm of insects - most possibly bees or wasps.

may is the month when bee colonies start looking for a new hive, some hives can be up to 1000 bees.

lot of info here Link

S+F for great pics!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by connelly4245]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by connelly4245

LOL no trust me they were not bees or any swarm of something.

Swarms of things moves around more and are not as solid looking as what I saw, plus they would have to be like over 15 different group of swarms, and each swarm would have to be MASSIVE to see from that far away.

Also do swarms stay in the same place for 2 hours?

But thanks anyway.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i saw something similar but what i saw was at night and it was a high as a star and was as bright but it was worm shaped too it also had orbs 1 or two that sort of dropped out of it it would move in one direction than switch directions instantly

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by connelly4245

LOL no trust me they were not bees or any swarm of something.

Swarms of things moves around more and are not as solid looking as what I saw, plus they would have to be like over 15 different group of swarms, and each swarm would have to be MASSIVE to see from that far away.

Also do swarms stay in the same place for 2 hours?

But thanks anyway.

Well, yes, a swarm can stay in the same place a long time. You may have seen swarms of midges above trees in late summer (looking like smoke often), where they stay for hours and hours. A dense swarm could look solid from a distance. Usualy they look more like dense smoke though, like the pic here: www.brentpatterson.com... But I don't dfind it hard to see one or two of these in your photos, albeit denser.

But given as you're sure it could not be that, fair enough...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OK guys I went back there today, and I saw something different!

It's possible I've solved this mystery, but not quite lol, hard to explain.

I'll try upload the pictures soon.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I guess you guys never flew kites.

WG3

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Looks like your wrong this time.

I think I know what they were.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link