It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackhawk missing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
FLORENCE, S.C. April 27 � An Army helicopter with three soldiers aboard vanished during a training flight in bad weather, and a search was under way Tuesday, authorities said.

ABCNEWS.com

What else is going to come up missing this month?!
I really hope they decided to go AWOL or something else stupid, and are not hurt or worse...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I know this sounds weird but, hopefully this one will come up as being crashed and not stolen..

know what I mean ?

I pray that all aboard are okay too.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

What else is going to come up missing this month?!

Not to much can happen this month. Its almost over. I just understand how things like this can come up missing.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Another angle;
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
don't mean to be a bummer, but they're most likely dead due to a crash. when the osprey was being used for training in camp pendleton, ca, almost if not all osprey gone missing, ended up being crashed in the ocean.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I know this sounds weird but, hopefully this one will come up as being crashed and not stolen.. know what I mean ?...

I know exactly what you mean. Do you remember the fighter pilot who decided to kill himself and took his plane on several state joy ride first?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by elevatedone
I know this sounds weird but, hopefully this one will come up as being crashed and not stolen.. know what I mean ?...

I know exactly what you mean. Do you remember the fighter pilot who decided to kill himself and took his plane on several state joy ride first?

Yes I remember it was an A-10. They still haven't found the 4 500pound bombs that it was carrying.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star Eagle
www.cnn.com...

Reading that story, it does not make any sense. Everything points to him being happy. Why did he do it. If he was a big name person, people might claim he was killed.

Very intresting.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
a search was under way Tuesday, authorities said.

Wouldn't you think that all helicopters, planes, etc. would have locator devices on board? I mean how hard is it to find a crash site?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wouldn't you think that all helicopters, planes, etc. would have locator devices on board? I mean how hard is it to find a crash site?

Right I though they had GPS, Black boxes.... And whats Radar for?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I mean how hard is it to find a crash site?

I was wondering the same thing myself, they are GPS standard equiped, so....
Well one of two things has happened, the chopper was completely destroyed, black box and all, or disabled.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I, too, saw a report on this missing Blackhawk this morning. The report I saw, on Fox News Channel, said that there were 3 soldiers aboard, and that they'd been leaving some training in South Carolina. The report also stated that all of their radios were working (I imagine this means that each of them had individual radios, in addition to the main on-board radio on the chopper).

So one questions I have, for anyone who feels they are educated enough on such matters, are, don't these Blackhawks carry GPS tracking mechanisms of some sort? I mean, shouldn't it be near-impossible to actually lose one of these things? At the very least, shouldnt there be some last point of contact, regardless of how short the distance between the origin and destination?

[EDIT] Sorry, didnt see the same first question posted...

[Edited on 2004427 by Cappa]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, mostly because there is usually a good explanation behind it. But with radioactive rods disappearing, helicopters missing, etc. you have to start asking what the hell is going on? How can things simply go missing and how can the people responsible act like its no big deal? These are big deals and I want more details

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Add to the helicopter, tanker, radioactive rods and chemicals....the recent threats by Jihad spokesman (seems every crackpot iman with a grudge is now on speakerphone), bombs going off in odd places like Damascus, Syria, plus Fallujah and Najef imploding on national tv all afternoon, I would definitely say the quiet we were noticing over the weekend is over.

There's a whole lot of other stuff gone missing too. Noted in other threads.

It all adds up to a good case for the jitters.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just heard a blurb on Foxnews that they found the wreckage of the Blackhawk....all 3 crew dead.
Will look for a link.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I like a conspiracy as much as the next person, mostly because there is usually a good explanation behind it. But with radioactive rods disappearing, helicopters missing, etc. you have to start asking what the hell is going on? How can things simply go missing and how can the people responsible act like its no big deal? These are big deals and I want more details

As far as I can tell, the most important thing for officials to do in times of crisis, is to act as if there is no crisis whatsoever. The absolute last thing they want is alarm amongst the public.

If you believe the things that people like Alex Jones say, regarding the government trying to disarm the people, widespread panic would absolutely counter-act those attempts-- NO one would give up their gun(s) if they knew exactly how close to danger they were on a daily basis.

For example, in my area, just the things that I know about, that most people don't, include: the attempted bombing of a local military base (thread: "NJ tragedy averted"), the anthrax envelope that was sent to the congressman (I believe it was a congressman?) shortly after 9/11 was found to originate from the very next town over from my semi-rural NJ hometown.

Rule #1 for most news outlets is to remain as calm as possible. As most people know, most Americans are sheep-- willing to follow the beliefs and opinions of those we might see as 'knowledgeable' or of high moral standing and/or understanding.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
According to this site, the UH-60 "Black Hawk" Helicopter is not only equipped with GPS tracking, but also Personell tracking (those soldiers on-board are probably fitted with a locator device and can be tracked within a certain distance of the vehicle).

The UH-60Q communications architecture provides situational awareness and digital communications and is expected to be the model for anticipated fleet-wide improvements to the UH-60. Other improvements include integrated Doppler/GPS, Personnel Locator System, NVG interior lighting, and FLIR.

So, if we are to believe that the helicopter was simply "lost", we'd be believing the impossible. As I said earlier, the news report I saw claimed the communications devices on-board were in good working order. Destroyed or stolen is far more likely-- if stolen, it was either not for long, or those who stole it removed/disabled the tracking system(s).

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.abcnews4.com...

An Army helicopter that vanished during a training flight was found tonight on the bank of a river as divers began searching for three soldiers who were aboard.

new topics

top topics

join